1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do the races affect?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Blade, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Blade

Blade Cupcake

Beyond what classes you can pick, are there any actual bonuses or anything for specific races?
    Racial stats or skills?
  2. BStrait57

BStrait57 New Cupcake

No.
  3. Deavon

Deavon Cupcake

If I'm not mistaking i heard something about extra stats on end lvl that was instead off racials.
    ( something about an elder system ) but i could be wrong.
  4. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah thats right Deavon, it was something about stats that every race will get + of, but in the end every race can get every racial if one wants too.
    Hope i make sens with that. :alien:
  5. Deavon

Deavon Cupcake

So players need to make a choice between the stat they take or can they get them all ?
  6. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

In the end they can raise all stats to equal no matter race, but they begin with +somethin depends on what race they pick.

I am not 100% sure on this so dont qoute me on this one. ;)
    Maby someone with more knowledge can confirm what i said, or deny it if im wrong.

Hope this makes more sens. :alien:
  7. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

from what I can tell the primary thing is no one race will be "better" at a specific class.

Though in WoW this was honestly a fictional "betterness" The difference was minimal at max level. People were very success even if they did not pick the race that the numbers bunnies classed as best. .01% is not a big difference to normal people.

I played Blood Elf in WoW and never had trouble with DPS or healing, And I will play Aurin Male in WS as long as the race/class mix is possible.
  8. Deavon

Deavon Cupcake

True true

I always ditched the racials and played what ever i wanted.
    But still the racial skills could have some advantage.

for example will of the forsaken and cannibalize on the undead in wow.
  9. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

From what devs were saying before, the race used to affect "cost" of the milestones(probably just putting them on lower stat requirements), but the whole system has been scratched with introduction of AMPs and skill tiers. It could be that it carried to the new system somehow, but seeing how nobody mentions it I suppose it didn't happen.

Hitboxes and animations are also same for all the races, so apart from visuals it's all just the class choices. Visuals mean that you may be harder or easier to spot in PvP though.
    Sonntam and Sapien like this.
  10. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

If I recall the exact thing was the COST OF ITEMS.

Think of the badge system from wow- an item cost 60 badges for a certain thing but, if that item has stats that is more inclined towards a particular race (dont ask me what race and what stat is what) then it may cost 50 instead of 60.

This means all races do is make certain things cheaper for a certain class. Which I love- as you don't have the issue of cookie-cutter races.
  11. Kay

Kay Cupcake

From what I understand, race mostly effects class choices, though some above posts suggest there's a little more to it.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Stats and class differences aside, it would also be interesting if different races also had access to different racial quests.
    zekkdarklighter likes this.
  13. Naris

Naris New Cupcake

Would be nice to know of the different racial bonuses and penalties as they come along. If they are different I think players should have an informed decision about how they are different and what that would do for them if they have absolutely no idea about anything in the game.

If there's no racial difference, I'd love to see an Aurin Medic (though probably never will).
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Currently there isn't.....but things may change anytime!

Well that is unless you count the class restrictions as one....which I don't since it's not really a ''bonus''.
  15. Anzriel

Anzriel New Cupcake

From what I have seen, which is admittedly incomplete information, race will have little effect beyond cosmetics. I don't think they want to unbalance the game and force people into certain race/class combinations for min-maxing purposes. I would like to see quests related to a person's class racer however.