1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you all think? ( housing n whatnot)

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Insult, Apr 12, 2013.

?

Would you like to see Guild Housing?

Poll closed May 12, 2013.
  1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  3. Insult you crazy!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Insult

Insult Cupcake

So as i was streaming lastnight my viewers and I got on the topic of wildstar. (www.twitch.tv/insultgaming/new) We were talking about how awesome the housing is going to be. We started to say all the what-ifs and moved the conversation to GUILD based housing or a guild castle. I think this would be an amazing way to be able to show off all you guild achievements by being able to display them in a guild wide house. Just a thought, I think it would add yet another layer to the already amazing content that can make it that much better.

All the people of my stream will be making a guild together, if you are looking for a professional gaming group wether your hardcore or not were accepting all individuals at this time.

Thanks
    Insult

Ediy* did not know this has already been posted about, I guess i should read more lol.
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Personally, with housing as it is, I think having guild housing will take away from the personal houses and the experience. With guild houses, most of the members might just gather at the guild house to do everything and your own house becomes nothing more than a respite when you need alone time.

I would rather see personal houses used so that people can show off their work, the wealth can be spread around as far as stations to use, and the guild can help each other out and get more out of it as far as experience and wealth. Having one guild house you might not see that as much.
  3. Prodigy

Prodigy New Cupcake

This takes me back to my days during the first month of AoC. The guild castle was amazing and my guild loved every second of it and the possibility of raiding other guilds castles made us feel like gods (our guild was the only one with walls at the time) We spent weeks just farming and leveling our skills to build the castle and it really brought us closer as a guild. Guild housing was such a fun event to partake in I would love to see it in Wildstar!
  4. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Personal houses are enough. IMO guild houses would be too much and maybe annoying.
  5. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I don't care. I don't even care about personal housing. But seems a lot of people do.
  6. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

I think warplots serve the role of guild housing pretty well. It's a group structure that you can use in PVP.
  7. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Did you watch the latest housing video?
    How can you not care :eek:
  8. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I don't. I just think it's pointless vanity content, same as pets and what not.
  9. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Kayy :(
  10. Simokon

Simokon Cupcake-About-Town

I would love Guild housing mainly because I would be the one that gets to design the look of it :D
  11. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I don't really mind - I sort of consider Warplots to be the 'guild structure' but then they can be separate from guilds so maybe a guild hall style building would be nice (maybe have similar tasks to personal housing but with rewards oriented at the guild if there's guild levelling systems/resources etc in place).

Haven't voted but certainly wouldn't object to one if people wanted it.
    O
    |_
    8 |. (me sitting on the fence).
  12. ThePandason

ThePandason Cupcake

I agree.

Also, since you're able to grant permissions into your own individual house, you could just delegate one player of your guild as the "guild house" and everyone congregate in that house. We haven't seen how big you can actually make your house, but I'm assuming in elder game, things can get pretty large and luxurious.
  13. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

I like housing if that makes you feel better lol I wonder how everyone contributing to build a warplot will play out, it's gonna be nuts
  14. Senescheal

Senescheal New Cupcake

Guild Houses, not quite so fond of the idea with personal homes and war plots, guild markets, maybe?

Sure you have an AH, but a lot of emphasis is being put into crafting, why not give the best an option for personalised pos?
  15. Zoxx

Zoxx New Cupcake

I accidentally clicked yes for the poll (>_<) Meant to click no.

War plots are enough. Yes there's a chance that it can be blown up, but it adds a sense of attachment to the structure. You're really going to want to build it up so you can stand a chance versus the guild next door should they want to attack you. It allows guilds to work together to actually accomplish something rather than just make it look good, stick some vendors and a bank in there, and forget about it 2 weeks later.
  16. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Yes but only if it is different from normal houses.

You could manage guild-topics there, like...Uh...You know.
    Stuff.

idk.
  17. Classix

Classix Cupcake

I don't want guild housing, I want guild towns! A Guild House would just be the equivalent to a town hall or something. Have all the options to change the appearance or roads or bridges connecting in some UI in there exclusively for the Guild Leaders or Officers (or who ever is allowed to) build a guild bank inside, market, ect. Maybe a teleportation pad to the Guilds War Plot so people can come to its defense quicker making raids harder. Basically taking your house's location and connect it to another members and so on and so forth to make a town with the Guild House in the middle.

What better way to know about a guild then traveling to their town and see how invested their members are to the game and the guild. If the person leaves the guild then their plot of land simply detaches it self from the town *shrug* no harm no foul. This might cause some drama later on but such things are unavoidable. Theres always drama in MMO's it what makes them amazing and horrid at the same time. There are some people that don't like doing a lot with their guilds and like to just have them as a group of people to hang out with if no one is on. I am not one of those people, but they could still stay by them lonesome selves.

Insult you are crazy anyway.