1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you do for work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Azzurri, Apr 21, 2013.

1. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a game developer and graduating from college this year. My company is Fancy Hat Studios and we work on making innovative social games for the most part. Our first release should be in late summer if all goes as planned.
  2. Dauthis

Dauthis Cupcake

I am a manager at Hastings (book, movie, music, video game, and electronics store). It's pretty awesome.
  3. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

I work at IT in a big international company... May sound fun until exchange fails, and then I suddenly do not have any friends. Weird stuff...
  4. Exanthem

Exanthem New Cupcake

I work at a large call center where half my job is being a translator between the people taking calls and the people who made our programs and the other half is kicking computers/servers until they work again.
  5. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

I scour the web for employment opportunities, drive everywhere for interviews and study for Cisco certifications. Man I need an easier job ;)
  6. CuppitycakePrincess

CuppitycakePrincess New Cupcake

I'm a rent a mommy. Taking care of your kids so you don't have to. Well technically speaking most of the parents I work for wish they were in my shoes. I swear people think I don't do anything all day. And some days that might be true....movies, popcorn, naps, and slides! :) But other days its crying, stomping, poop smearing days. I think it all evens out in the end.
    Whatley likes this.
  7. nexian_2d_bone

nexian_2d_bone New Cupcake

Civil / Structural Engineer for a medium sized, multi-discipline consultancy firm.
  8. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I'm an economist, at least that's what my college degree says, as I pretty much hate accounting but that's what what my parents wanted me to do and I had no better ideas.

Now I work at my parents' small accounting firm. My job is to input data into the database. I only work like 2 weeks every month as that's the time frame allocated to my activity. Plus I'm kinda rich and have no ambitions.
  9. Whatley

Whatley Cupcake

I am a Machinist, I work with multiaxis machines and turn bricks of metal into usable parts for the Aerospace, Oilfield, Military, and semiconductor industries. I do everything from the start at Blueprint reading to programming to set-up to the actually running out of the parts.

10-12 hour shifts, and I return home covered in sweat, oil (coolant), metal chips, and usually small but annoying amounts of blood.
    CuppitycakePrincess likes this.
  10. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think your boss reads this forum...
    Whatley likes this.
  11. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    IT for an insurance company. Support, install, image creation/maintenance, deployment, web surfing, napping, ignoring phone calls.
    It's fun most of the time.
  12. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

HAHAHA WORK?!?! jk I totally need a job right now :cry: I think im gonna go back to Victoria's secret as a box boy....just gotta suck up my pride to do it lol I quit working there awhile ago because of the unfair female hierarchy going on...but now I kinda need money lol
  13. Danohavek

Danohavek New Cupcake

I have a pretty boring job, but pays well and it could be worse..
    I work for a mail printing company, we print and insert(I run the inserter machine) into their envelopes/packages, organize them with another machine by zipcode and ship them out the door, we normally get around 8-10Million envelopes out the door per shift(8 hours).

and all this for insurance statements and checks.. nothing else
  14. Gazimoff

Gazimoff Cupcake-About-Town

I write about videogames.

Seriously though, that's just one of the hats I wear. During the day I design new products and services for a mobile telco, then lead a team to bring those designs into reality. It means working on something new every 9 months or so, but the stuff we create is used by millions of people every day.

In the evenings I write about MMOs; a medium enjoyed by millions of gamers. I'll interview developers, preview upcoming releases, review recent launches and occasionally speak my brains in an op-ed. Sometimes I'll also do hardware reviews, although these tend to be rare.

My ideal job? Making MMOs, either in community (writing about games is huge amounts of fun) or leveraging my design and project management skills as an associate producer. But although I dream of getting there one day, I love what I do at the moment. I feel very, very lucky to be able to do what I do.
  15. Mad Water

Mad Water New Cupcake

I'm in college majoring in aerospace engineering. I want to be a rocket scientist when I grow up. Well really I'd like to be Tony Stark when I grow up, but one step at a time. I don't have a job to speak of right now, working on it.
  16. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

I don't have a job (I am 17), though I design logos for some money on the side for games and saving up for a car ^_^
  17. Papas

Papas New Cupcake

Cool myself are in the oil/gas worldwide, everything in maritime subsea, working with hydraulics and pneumatic, riggs, supply-boats even some manufacturing riggs, and harbours, maybe you are an supplier, hehe!

Tho my shifts can be 1week on and off, 2w on off or 3w on and off, dipending where in the world I need to be, and how far away from home ofc.

You only work in the states?
  18. Whatley

Whatley Cupcake

So far, never had a need to travel elsewhere. Although I know a few people who do, Machining doesn't tend to have borders, Prints and machine controls are all on an international standard. We have been doing a ton of ocean/deep sea oil work recently it seems to be picking up.
  19. HighlordDak425

HighlordDak425 New Cupcake

I'm a student at Marshall University working towards a Bachelor in Computer Science. I just started learning about PHP and MySQL so the company I work at in between semesters will let me intern there in the IT office so I can get some experience in a work environment.
  20. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

I'm currently a Software Developer for MS, mostly working on internal software solutions. Over the past few years, I've also been able to dabble as a SDET and Program Manager. Working with a good variety of languages, preferredly C#, but also done a few projects in C++. Hopefully within the next year, I'll be able to work for one of the product teams - currently have my eye on doing cloud solutions for the backend of Halo.