1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you do for work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Azzurri, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Unemployed. Sucking the government nipple dry by dragging in welfare benefits due to my disability.

However I am in a tech college where I'm working on my Associates in the game design degree they have here. I may go on to learn some graphic/digital art and programming as well from my school so I can have a well-balanced background. By then I hope to have a good enough background and portfolio do begin my endeavors in game design.

In the meantime, I'm working on writing a fantasy series.
  2. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I've been in IT for about 30yrs now. 10 of it in the USAF. Currently working as a network engineer full time and a digital forensics investigator part time as a PI. Mostly civil stuff (he/she's cheating on me..that type of stuff. It can get very interesting). Sometimes I'm asked to assist with a criminal investigation but not often.

It's amazing how much stuff can be found on a computer, iPhone, Android, etc that people "thought" they deleted. And, yes, the other person usually is cheating and thinking he/she is getting away with it.

Unfortunately, IT bores me to tears these days. I've been doing it for too long. The forensics is a lot of fun, but the work isn't steady enough to go full time.
  3. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

My title is Hybrid Purity Lab Coordinator

So I work for a wholesale seed company and essentially do QA for the seed they sell. I run lots of different tests-mostly PCR based. Sometimes I troubleshoot big issues they've run into with production and sometimes I get to assist the breeders with their new varieties. It's really quite interesting despite how boring I used to think of plant biology.
  4. M3stro0

M3stro0 Cupcake

sophomore in college/unemployed atm.

I do some intern-ish stuff for sports writing but I don't get paid and it isn't considered a "internship" yet