1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you think the Eldan looked like?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Fate Flyer, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I'm really curious about the ancient Eldan race that mysteriously disappeared from Nexus.

All we know of them is that they had great technology and were quite advanced, which is evident not only from what can be found on their planet, but also in the Mechari that still serve as possibly the greatest remnant of the race today. The Eldan were also apparently a malevolent species, who desired power and control and weren't afraid to threaten others into submission, the very idea of the Dominion.

Dominus was born a half-blood around a millennium ago - part human, part Eldan - and therefore if his descendants are still alive today, there is some trace of Eldan genetics left in the galaxy. I wonder what Dominus looked like? Was it possible for a human to mate with an Eldan? Or was Dominus born through artificial insemination? Either way, the humans and Eldan had to have shared similar enough DNA for that to be possible, which leads me to believe that the Eldan closely resembled humans.

I'm hoping that you'll be able to get a glimpse at an Eldan in some form in the game itself, especially if you chose the path of a scientist. I love the idea of alien species and learning as much about them as possible! :)
  2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I hope they look pretty and hint at the evil inside them.
    Having a pretty villain is creepy
    16bitbandit and Fate Flyer like this.
  3. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

This image leads me to believe that you're probably right, they're probably humanoid and pretty close to humans. I wonder if the Dominion has records (like in the "Meet the Dominion" trailer) that possibly show what they look like—drawings and such.
  4. Darkspur

Darkspur Cupcake-About-Town

Im gonna go with GREEN :roflamo: pretty much anything and everything Ive seen so far that is Eldan has green in it. They are either completely color blind (in which case someone should tell em about those drapes !) or they did a vast amount of research and concluded that green was the best color, which Im not sure about myself, kinda makes me think of loogie's (AKA nose goblins, Bogies, boogers etc for those europeans) which scares me :eek: that they may be very slimy, slightly sticky and often lead to headaches.
    Lumzk and Goreshank like this.
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I'm thinking something similar to the Protoss from StarCraft.
    WildHawk and Joukehainen like this.
  6. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

IF they created the Mechari in their image, then they were most definitely humanoid.

However, maybe they were something completely different and made the Mechari humanoid in order to better communicate with the other races of the galaxy.

Maybe the Eldan were sentient balls of light, or a race of self-aware Artificial Intelligence, and needed the Mechari and eventually the Dominion to exert their will over the physical races of the Universe.

Can't wait to find out :)

EDIT - OoOoOoOoOoOo maybe the Eldan were not the native species to have evolved on Nexus? Maybe they were a bunch of toasters with flashlight heads, created by a race of organics whom they subsequently wiped out after achieving true AI status? And their motives for creating the Dominion were to control the other organic species?

brb, playing Mass Effect :p
  7. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

My guess elden are either elves, or humans. Humans since the human race homeworld is called Cassius here
  8. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

How do we know they existed. Maybe the Cassians created the Mechari, and reprogrammed them with a fake history of the early universe including the faked knowledge of the Eldan. A way to convince other races of their Divine Right to rule.
    16bitbandit likes this.
  9. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

if so then I hope they will eventually be playable :(

I dream of playing as a Protoss in an RPG. :cry:
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Same here, one day I think it will happen with a future Blizzard game. :p
    ObliviousPrime likes this.
  11. SDR

SDR Cupcake

For some reason I imagine them to be really tall... like 15 feet or something.
  12. Luciamund

Luciamund Cupcake

the background that i have read seems to me that the eldin could manipulate life to a very great degree (metal-maw) so it seems reasonable to me that the half breed was more a product of their own psychotic machinations than any real world cross breed (like a liger or tigon)
  13. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

From that temple-esque place a few posts up, id wager the mechari look like stylized Eldan. Making a race of robotic servants that are an idealized/stylized version of their creators isn't a far fetched concept. My question, is this: It's clearly shown (metalmaw and such) that they had an obvious talent for cellular manipulation, I wonder if there is an organic component to the Mechari ?
  14. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Nobody have saw an Eldan.
    Eldan are everywhere.
    Eldans are God.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  15. pikachu

pikachu Cupcake

Read an article with an interview with Gaffney or Donatelli, said Eldanbrought the races here for a little game/test. For all we know, this just a ploy by the race so theycan possibly sacrifice all of these lives for immortaity (FMA reference)
    16bitbandit likes this.
  16. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

This article (especially the section on Augmentors) may be a little more insightful into the Eldan's technology in manipulating life:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_insights_into_eldan_technology.php

Augmentors are perhaps the most mysterious of all the Eldan constructs encountered so far on Nexus. From limited data gathered by scientists who have observed them, it seems that these rarely-seen constructs are directly involved in the Eldan technological process known as augmentation.

[​IMG]

Although very is little is currently known about the specifics of augmentation, it is believed it to be a nano-technological process that results in a dynamic cybernetic transformation of the host. Unconfirmed theories posit that Augmentors inject their victims with a substance which carries the nanites responsible for facilitating the technological enhancements, following a complex set of selection protocols which determine exactly what kind of augmentation the host will receive.
    Augmentors are by far the most advanced of all the Eldan constructs--and therefore the most valuable. It has been noted on many occasions that both Probes and Protectors alter their behaviors drastically if Augmentors are deployed, ensuring their safety no matter what the cost.
    SECRET SCIENTIFIC ARCHIVES: The cybernetic monstrosity known as Metal Maw was created using augmentation. The creature serves as a frightening example of the power of the mysterious technology on planet Nexus.

So, given that information, coupled with the fact that we know the Stalker's technological abilities came from nanites that were in the omni-plasm, I think it's safe to assume that the Eldan's manipulation of life was more on the technological side of things, providing their subjects with enhancements rather than creating entire new species.

I really like the idea that the Mechari were created in the Eldan's own image. Just as we often imagine our future robots to look somewhat like us (ie. I, Robot, Terminator, Bicentennial Man, etc.), it would make sense for another race to create something that was similar to themselves.
    16bitbandit and Qimx like this.
  17. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

What do you think the Eldan looked like?

Something like:

[​IMG]

But having nothing to do with the Green Lanterns.
  18. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

Tall, lean, themselves heavily augmented, perhaps for near immortality. Probably like to maintain an illusion of being God-like. Maybe not many of them around anymore, being an old race, they've had a long time to experiment and screw themselves over - some mass augmentation that went wrong and killed off a lot of their number. Unable to rule by their own number, they now recruit as a faction. (Didn't draw that btw).
    WildHawk likes this.
  19. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

I find it interesting that the Mechari were created by the Eldan and sent to guide the Dominion but have no current communication with the Eldan. I'm guessing whatever happened to the Eldan was probably sudden, not pleasant and self-inflicted (albeit unintentional) given the general lack of knowledge surrounding this mystery.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

i go with Ayr, first thing that came to my mind was the eldar from warhammer 40k, but then a bit more darker/insane. Atleast the green gives me a vibe of some insane inventors/crazy doctors.

but the protos seem nice aswell. Mayby we will fight some eldan at a high end raid, like a scientist from the eldan who went crazy and made himself a cyborg like tthing in order to survive aka a more humanoid mechari.
    Fate Flyer likes this.