1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What do you think the Eldan looked like?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Fate Flyer, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

This but larger :) no idea why I think this but it is what it is.
  2. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I thought so too! But Chad Moore wasn't able to comment on it:

It was at this point that I fired out the community question (submitted by user FateFlyer) who asked, “Are the Mechari created in the Eldan’s own image? And if not, can you give us some insight into what the Eldan may have looked like?”
    Moore began the laugh for a moment before pointing out that he had been asked that question by a few people over the last few weeks. “What I will say is that…what the Eldan look like, along with obviously the location of the planet and what they were doing on that planet, that is perhaps one of the deepest, darkest secrets in the entire universe of WildStar! So I would love to be able to tell you that 'yes, look at the Mechari and you’ll see what the Eldan look like,' but unfortunately that information has yet to be revealed, and when it is revealed I think will be something that’s pretty exciting and cool for the players.” Sorry, FateFlyer, I did the best I could!

-Dealspwn Interview: Chad Moore Talks The Races, Backstory, and Conception Of The Dominion
    Lumzk and Kurik like this.
  3. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Here are the true Elder image likeness: :p

[​IMG]
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  4. Fate Flyer

YESSSS! :up:
    Aheadache likes this.
  5. Scelestic

Scelestic Cupcake

! I think that Initial Post of yours that focused on the Technological Side of the Eldan kinda disproves what I was thinking; And thats, that the Eldan are Metaphysical Beings! But it more so looks like they are/were some sort of Sentient Beings- What comes to mind from what we've seen them create, and what they have left behind in their ruins, is this:

[​IMG]
    ( Sorry D: It's really big! )
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  6. Fate Flyer

Oh, I love those creatures, Taun We especially! :D I do really like the idea of the Eldan being metaphysical beings, if not so much when they inhabited Nexus, then at least now that they are "gone..." Great thoughts!
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

This is a bit random, but I figure that this is the most appropriate thread to put it in, but we actually had screenshots/videos showing the Eldan-with-a-book; so I really ought to have noticed that prior to the 'What is Wildstar' trailer :p. #InnocentCivilianFail

ws_2013-02_mechari_9.png Clip2.jpg
  8. Scelestic

Scelestic Cupcake

Isn't that Fate Flyer's Icon?
  9. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I actually assumed that those were some form of organic/computer generated servitor for the Eldan and not what they look like directly.
  10. Scelestic

Scelestic Cupcake

I concur! Otherwise, Fate Flyer has always been an Eldan, because of her Icon!
  11. InnocentCivilian

I thought the same for a while, but after making that Eldan thread a while back, I kinda feel like maybe we coulda put two-and-two together. :p

THAT SAID, just because current media would point us down the line of thinking that the hologram guy is an Eldan, doesn't guarantee that he is. :p

There's still the possibility that these humanoids are also a servant race and that we don't have any sort of artistic representation of how the real Eldan may have looked like. >_>
  12. Fate Flyer

Oh! Nice! I didn't realize we had seen this before the What Is WildStar video. :D Interesting!

I like my little hologram guy holding a book... :3 :inlove: Even if he isn't Eldan, he just looks cool to me artistically, with his big, kind of claw-land hands, hooded cloak, and very sci-fi facial features. :p I hope he's not a servant, Innocent! But I suppose if you think about it, everyone in the Dominion is a servant of the Eldan, so it's kind of more of a "divine" calling. :D Maybe he's more of like a disciple of the Eldan.
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  13. InnocentCivilian

I have to admit, even though everything we've seen SEEMS to suggest that this fellow is an Eldan; a tiny part of my brain is thinking: "that was too easy! They wouldn't just SHOW an Eldan in this trailer, would they?" :p I may just be over-thinking it, though. :p
  14. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Innocent, go to the video that you examined the other day. in the housing part of it, there's an "Eldan Statue" that gives raid buffs, i'm bad at getting screenshots off videos, but you're awesome at it. that'll give us more fodder for the "What the Elden look like."
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  15. InnocentCivilian

It's actually a faceless statue :p. They had the same one in the Northern Wilds :p.

It's humanoid and it's female, and it's got the Eldan aesthetic, but that's about it. :p

Intermittently, it glows and it does the circle-on-forehead thing.
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, when he plots it it says "Eldan Statue"...
  17. InnocentCivilian

Yeah, that's why I say that all signs point to the holo-dude being Eldan, I know it's an Eldan statue :p. Only a small part of me (the suspicious part), feels that discovering how the Eldan look like has been 'too easy'. I thought that how they looked like was supposed to be a significant reveal in the game, and here we are supposedly knowing how they look like even before closed beta's begun. :p

I very rarely believe in anything 100%, but the way my mind works is that I can go: "Yeah, he's Eldan", but have multiple "What ifs" running in the background. Maybe that's just me, though. :p I don't disagree at all that he's almost certainly an Eldan. ;)
  18. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

Did anyone play the Jak & Daxter games? I think it would be hysterical and somewhat fit in with the theme/feel of Wildstar if the Eldan turned out to be Otsels or something small like them. They would still be the most advanced race but who would fear/follow the little cute furry things, so they crafted the Mechari and the myth that the Eldan are ancient mysterious beings to help sell their reign.

Anyway I think it'd be a funny Wizard of Oz moment, talking with a VR and you spot a little tale poking out of a little crack in the wall, controlling it.
    Lumzk likes this.
  19. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Everyone of them resembled muk.
    Like...Everyone. They all looked the same.

They weren't even smart. Actually they were just Muk. The huge buildings they did were built from their mud-like bodies and then they regenerated. They just built robots out of that by accident. Stuff like that happens, right?
    [​IMG]yeah, far out dude.

Yeah...That's totally how it was.

Naah, jk. My guess is they were actually quite small gnome-type people. Why? Well they're pretty friggin' smart and it would fit IMO.
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

The real twist would be that the Eldan are the Mechari, and have been all along.