1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What guilds are going to play Final Fantasy XIV?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Kasern, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

The Skyhawks will be playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn this weekend during the Open Beta (Beta Phase 4) and later this month when the game launches (headstart, fool!) while we wait for WildStar to launch and destroy our lives. We will be on the Behemoth server.

Who else is planning on playing? What server are you planning on playing on? Still hesitant? I've played the beta since Phase 1, so if you have any questions (plenty of info out there already) feel free to ask.

I would love to set up a WildStar-Central Linkshell so we can get some groups going.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  2. Fornix

Fornix Cupcake

Excelcius will be playing on the Odin server. For most as well waiting for the launch of WildStar to hit! :)
  3. Fayde

Fayde Cupcake

I'm abit hesitant to spend the money on ARR so close to wildstar do you realy think its worth it if i will only play it untill wildstart hits?
  4. Robilar

Robilar New Cupcake

5. Fornix

Fornix Cupcake

Ultimately it's obviously your own choice. The good thing about ARR is that the boxed price is only little more than the price of a regular MMO sub. So in that sense, if you have the budget to play an MMO and are looking for something to play, ARR is not the worst choice to make in terms of money spent ;-).

Added to that, as Robilar points out as well, nobody knows how close WildStar truly is. August is running towards its end already and as of yet there's no sign of a release date. If it's still going to be 2013, it's most probably late December at best. Giving roughly 3 - 4 months of play with ARR to keep one occupied in the meantime :).
  6. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

We discussed this amongst ourselves in the Skyhawks and in the end we decided that even if Carbine were to give us a release date at the end of August, we would still most likely not see the game launch for another 2-3 months. And since there is nothing else any of us are interested in playing, ARR offers something new at least for a couple of months.

It's $30 for the digital copy and comes with 30 free days, after which it's (don't quote me here) $13 a month for a single character slot or $15 for multiple slots (again, don't quote me, but I am pretty sure it's something around that).

Even if we only play it for a month, $30 is easily affordable for anyone into MMOs.
  7. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Similar to what others have said, you can pick up the digital copy (although I got the CE so it was a little more) and the first 3 months for like $50.

As @Kasern and @Fornix said, even if wildstar announces its release date tomorrow, it's unlikely to be before November/December at the very earliest (smart money is on 2014 release imho). I'm personally bored of not having anything that engaging to play - I've resolved myself to playing Fallout and Dota for the time being - so I'm looking forward to having something to play for the next 4-6 months.

Plus if you were quick about it, you signed up for the beta and can start playing as early as tomorrow :)
  8. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

How'd i miss this ...
  9. Fishsticks

Well if you played in Closed Beta, you can play on the 16th (tomorrow...though what time exactly, I'm not sure). If you are in the Open Beta you can play on the 17th - and then headstart begins on the 24th with launch on the 27th.
  10. Haversham

Yeah, I'm a bit late to the game (literally) so I haven't even signed up for the beta yet. I could probably get into the open beta though ... since it's open. Also, are they wiping characters from the betas to launch?
  11. Fishsticks

Closed beta characters have been wiped - but any toons from Open beta will be carried over to launch (barring some sort of catastrophic bug or whatnot)
  12. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

Try the open beta this weekend and see if you think it's worth it to you. :)

To me, yes it is worth it, as I've really enjoyed the betas. I honestly don't think WS is that close personally. I expect a 2014 release date. So that gives me plenty of time to enjoy another MMO before it launches.
  13. Haversham

Well, I guess I'll be looking for a group then. Are US servers segregated by time zones by chance?
  14. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

The NA servers are not separated by time zone as far as I know.
  15. Haversham

No? Good deal. I'll just choose my favorite summon I guess ;)
  16. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

Open beta applications (when I checked last night) are closed until 0900 GMT on the 17th, after which you will be able to make an account and request a key, then download the client.

If you played in any of the closed betas, are a legacy player (owned version 1.0) or pre-order the game you can download the client now and start playing at 0900 GMT on the 16th.

There is only one Open Beta weekend, which is stupid imo. Not really much of a marketing plan. In fact, I get the impression that it's really a giant stress test before headstart.
  17. Haversham

Ah, if you preorder you can get in tomorrow instead of Saturday as well?
  18. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

BIG EDIT!

Pre-order does not get you into the beta on the 16th. It will only get you the Early Access and the Pre-Order items.

You can still play the free Open Beta weekend as of the 17th though with or without Pre-ordering.
  19. dRakk

dRakk Cupcake

I'll be on Masamune.... maybe catch you in a dungeon
  20. Fayde

Fayde Cupcake

Ok going to buy it and play untill wildstar comes out anychance i could join your guild in this if you guys are going to form one? cant join it in wildstar because im going Dominion death to all exiles :p.