What is your biggest character creation fear?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Ralanost, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Big hands...

You mean night elf female hands?
  2. Seagrey

Seagrey Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, and some screenies also showed the Aurins with enormous hands...not my favorite look.

(think they've sized them down a bit, since early pics, but not sure)
  3. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

That there will be too much options... In GW2 i spended around 6,7 hours making my character...
  4. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

>_>

You don't have to worry about that. Female humans have freakishly proportioned chests. I'd prefer a chest slider so I could make the damn things smaller.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Which is why sliders are great for all! You can have your pancake chest and I'll have my melon chest!

/HARDCORE NOSEBLEED ROCKETSHIP TO MARS
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

My biggest character creation fear is that there will be too many linked character features that will end up limiting options. An example of how this was executed poorly was tera's character creator where on the Castanic's for instance, hairstyle and horn style were a single option. You couldn't get the horns that you wanted with the hair that you wanted because they were linked for little reason. Again with Tera the Aman (the big scary dragon people) had facial features that were really cool, these metal plates and chin-guards but they were locked to specific face types which again was frustrating.

From what I saw in Zap's character creation video it does not look like major features are linked (which is great) but some minor features are. For instance on the Draken it looks like face type and skin pattern are a linked option, as well as face type and ears / jewelry are linked.

I agree, it would be nice to see some kind of body slider. The models seem really pretty from the videos and screenshots we have seen but there does appear to be some pretty hefty exaggeration going on, which may bother some people.
    Twinflame likes this.
  7. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

Personally, I'm all for lots of variety. My one "concern" is that i come up with a race/class combination that won't work. Usually I'm not too big on having a story behind my characters, but with wildstar, I found having a female mechari stalker/scientist would really speak out to me, as some sort of evil scientist/superiority deal. But i might swap the class out possibly, it's mostly that stalker seems fun, but if there is some engineer or similar, that might be cool as well.

Slightly off topic, I love how the slider options seem to be just right. Aka they change the character's looks quite a lot, without going into the silly/ugly (not ugly as in natural, but ugly as in "why is your mouth wider than your head?" kind of style). that should allow a lot of meaningful choices
  8. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

Thought I'd chime in about eyebrows and female Orcs, but since they're in two different posts I won't quote, sorry.

I think eyebrows are extremely important. Eyebrows can really make or break a face, and it is the feature I am most likely to dislike in a game, and especially games with sliders. Many games with sliders think they can get away with three eyebrow settings, "dainty" (which looks tweezed away and drawn on, "bushy" or "thick", and "ugly". That is SO not the case...

Eyebrows come in arched versions, versions with a pointy "edge" at the top (like the exile dude over there --->), versions that are more like a straight line, and they can all look great on different faces. They need to be represented in the char creator! Sliders can't do a good enough job recreating that.

And on to the female Orcs. I love female Orcs and I hate when games make them the "ugly race" and give no other facial options than ugly.

Most of my characters are dainty, cute and colourful beings, but every now and then, I want to make a really powerful looking, strong, attractive female character, because at the end of the day there are so many more ways to look pretty than just the Barbie doll way...

In the games that have them, the Orcs tend to fill that role for me. In Rift it was the Bahmi and mine ended up being my main. In Wildstar, I believe the Granok will be more than capable of fulfilling that particular type of attractive looking female character. The Draken females will look powerful too, but in a very different way.

Between the female Granok and the male Aurin, I really hope Wildstar will manage to have something for everyone when it comes to characters that look great, in just the way you want them to.
  9. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

My fear is that there won't be enough body types, giving me a choice between barbie and slightly more barbie. I would love to make a plus-size Aurin or anything else.

Also that boob sliders won't go the other way. I also like giving my characters different breast sizes for variety and I hate how in most MMOs they're always big.

Hell, variety in general.
    Naunet likes this.
  10. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

Anyone remember (or better, screenshot) the bio of Smallpox from CoH? It was a work of art, a full bio in rhyme. I just can't find it anymore.

I suck with names. My fear is sitting at character creation with a complete character for three hours and no name.
  11. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

Still want to be a fat guy because I think Chua are going to be genderless and I'm not in an 80's band so it's not my cup of tea. A tubby Cassian male with long hair and a beard. Kinda like my fat Sorcerer or fat Sage in Star Wars.
  12. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

The class/race combo also has me worried... I play healers, and I really like the mechari... And currently, the mechari has no healer... I hope the class that we are missing has a healer, and mechari is allowed, but that may not happen. Also, I may like a different class better, and not be able to play mechari in the end.

It happened in WoW as well. I love the undead class, it's awesome, and I loved the druid class. And what happened? No undead druid... Lame...

So yeah. I find class/race restrictions to be quite bad. I'm sure Carbine is not going to change that now, and I will play the game anyway, but it still sucks...
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Kind of like me and my dilemma of not being able to be an aurin warrior. A cruel, cruel world we live in! Or will live in, I should say. XD