1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What MMOs are you playing in the meantime?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Nonsensicles, Aug 21, 2011.

1. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Ugh, I know what you mean! Probably why I sit on IRC constantly, it helps a bit with the loneliness. There's no in-game interaction with other players, but it's like you have access to a ton of (mostly) intelligent general chats!
  2. FerretParade

FerretParade New Cupcake

Played EQ a few years before EQ2 came out. I played EQ2 for 4 years with the same guild and trying to move to vanguard broke it apart with its fail launch.

For now, I've been taking a break from them. Really getting tired of like cross-server and easily hop between servers trends. These two things have destroyed the communities in the past two I have played and I end up just quitting. I also like to group and nothing seems to be offering much group content outside of instances and raids.
  3. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Currently... nothing.
    I was waiting for The Old Republic, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'm burnt out on Star Wars, honestly.
    I was playing Age of Conan and Warhammer Online before my move, and now that I'm moved I just haven't had an interest.
    I may go back to Console Gaming for a while. Skyrim will be coming out soon. Plus, this will give me time to save up money for a new computer. Once I know what sort of specs will be the best performance wise for WildStar.
  4. Guerulent

Guerulent New Cupcake

Ukraine, Kharkiv Region, Kupyansky District
    I don't like MMO at all. But Dragonica and Atlantica Online are enough good for me. I liked BF Heroes... Before donat ate all my patience, and I leave BF for someone, who wants to pay for the free game.
    OKAY.
    Gothic, Oblivion, Fable, Fallout 3 are better than most of MMO's. Just because of style and atmosphere.
    However, nobody cares that WoW is like WH: Age of Reckoning, and LOTRO is like Aion... Bla bla bla, I don't know what are u talking about.
    Guild Wars 2 - when I saw it I shat brix understood, that it's new type of MMO. Not KOTOR, or The Secret World, or even Otherland (sic!), or... But GW2 is just not for me. I hope WildStar will break my MMO SuperUberSpellMagic shield.
    And yes, I don't understand, what I'm talking about.
  5. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

Nobody ever truly knows what they're talking about. Being able to admit it is a good sign. ;)
    Akhrin likes this.
  6. ImmortalExile

Guerulent, I, too, hope that WildStar breaks that shield of yours! Sometimes the best experience in gaming comes from the established community in MMO's. I do hope that WildStar's community is upstanding and courteous... it is what you make it!
    I would like to point out that Oblivion, Fable, and Fallout 3 are incredible games, too, though!
    Guerulent likes this.
  7. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

Not playing any mmo's at the moment, finally gave up on wow and won't be starting it up again, it just go so boring nothing has really changed in the mechanics or gameplay it was just a coat of paint and pretty colours, that combined with everyone i used to play with stopping that i finally unsubb'd. This joins the list of EVE, warhammer, AoC and LotRO that have been shelved.

Playing so much starcraft 2 that its unhealthy :p in fact it amazes me how well its holding me over while i wait on diablo 3, skyrim, dota 2, firefall, GW2 and SWTOR.

TLDR: Not playing mmo's at the moment haha
  8. Guerulent

Guerulent New Cupcake

Ukraine, Kharkiv Region, Kupyansky District
    Community? Yeeesss. I like to talk very much, but English is not my native language, so I can't say all that I want to say. WildStar is new, it looks not good, but awesome. I hope-hope I'll like it.
    But I'm sure that community is nice :)
  9. FerretParade

FerretParade New Cupcake

I really do believe the community will be spot on. This forum has been showcasing a lot of amazing folks and the dev attitudes that pop up on here really give us a glimpse into a very fun and confident atmosphere!
    Autumnal likes this.
  10. Sharking

Sharking New Cupcake

Used to play LotRO and GW... but now I'm taking a break and waiting for GW2.
  11. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

I reactivated my DAoC account last night. I am 2 expansions behind in content so I should have a lot to keep my busy.
  12. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

im in a drifting phase. im playing some Black Prophecy, some wow, some Perpetuum Online, some age of conan, even champions online. Having a really hard time focusig on just one probably because i cant dedicate myself to an mmo until i take my compTIA network exam in a couple weeks
  13. Mads Bodin

Mads Bodin New Cupcake

Played World of warcraft for a long time then i change to Guild Wars and now Minecraft keep me going till Wildstar comes out. Minecraft is awesome and i can play it for hours so no problem in the waiting time but hope for beta so i can test Wildstar.
  14. Gangrel

Gangrel New Cupcake

Currently skill training up 2 eve online accounts, playing City of Heroes as well. Kinda have to play the 2nd one as my GF has arranged an EU player meet for the 1st weekend of September (so just a few days away)... and i got roped in to help out on it :D
  15. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I am playing none at the moment. Last was WoW but that was only fun because of friends. I did like the open world PvP in the original, I would go to SouthShore a lot and have battles between that town and Tauren Mill. It just seemed to go downhill fairly quickly for me. I barely lasted a year from launch until my daughters got me to join again when WotLK came out. Didn't last a year with that session. My favorite MMOs were original EQ and DAoC, played both 2 years straight. The original RvR PvP in DAoC was really fun. For EQ, I liked the difficulty and the fact that dark really was dark. You had to be careful in a lot of places at night. It's a shame they changed it so much.

Anyway, just waiting around now hoping to find something I can stay with for a while.
  16. ImmortalExile

I definitely need something to play soon. Maybe I'll just download WoW's never-ending trial...
  17. bamf

bamf New Cupcake

Not playing any atm.
  18. Foxentist

Foxentist New Cupcake

^ This for me. Siiigh. I feel like I learned more about Wildstar in a week than I have about TOR after 4 years and throwing 170$ at them on faith on their special pre-order. They burnt out my hype for TOR with all their extreme secret keeping.

Currently Playing:
    -City of Heroes
    -Minecraft
    -Terraria

Like others above, MMOs ruined offline games for me. More people pl0x!
  19. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

The more I think about it, the more inclined I am to try CoX once Freedom goes live. I've never played it, but it's always been something on my periphery to try out one day. I've played Champions (ugggghhhh) and DCUO (wonderful, save the content running out before I could find a place for myself in what little there is of the community), but I gave the original Superhero MMO a miss because I felt like I'd long missed the boat. Freedom changes that.
  20. Foxentist

Foxentist New Cupcake

I recently joined up CoH as a newbie with my friends resigning up as veterans. It's a pretty good game, the customization is really nice. It has all the good CO did but way more. I played CO too and really CO is pretty much a knock off with less than a quarter of the content... and I loved CO personally. I'd say give it a try when it goes F2P, and if you dislike, no spilled milk since it was F2P.

Like any online game though, having a friend helps the experience. Or grouping. I noticed in CoH I get whispers to group really often, and the game seems to reward you exp wise for getting into large groups.
    Nonsensicles likes this.