1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What MMOs are you playing in the meantime?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Nonsensicles, Aug 21, 2011.

1. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Oh yeah... I feel ya, there. After three years and money thrown at a Collectors Edition (recently canceled, by the by) I just do not want the game. It's sad, and I worry it will be like this for WildStar. Though, WildStar is its own IP, something completely new... whereas TOR is just.... Star Wars.
    Anyways, WildStar has all of my attention for now. I'll play Guild Wars 2 while I wait. But I am hoping WildStar does what Warhammer did for me- and that's keep me always wanting more. (Though, I do hope the release does not go like WAR's did. Hahaha.)
  2. SnowHeart

SnowHeart New Cupcake

Rift?? for a little longer at least. Like most I'm looking forward to the PC/Consul games that are being released in the next few months. If you are looking for something to pass the time I would recommend CoX if you haven't played it.
  3. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Nothing, atm. I wish I *could* find one that holds me more than a day , or two. Now that I've glimpsed WildStar, every other game out there is being judged under a harsher light of expectations.
    Brotoi likes this.
  4. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

Found out that Star Trek Online is going to be going F2P. I'm going to have to give that MMO a shot now.
  5. Belios

Belios New Cupcake

hmm me I've gotten back into W0W just so i can play with friends.

Was interested in SWToR, but it's hard to stay excited for the game when all the "exciting" updates were released 1 1/2 years ago. Wildstar has released more info about their game than ToR has in 2 years and it's just boring and tireing now.

DCUO just untill my sub runs out, it's a nice game to just get in and wail on people, i've never had any problems with the controlls on a mouse and keyboard.
    ImmortalExile likes this.
  6. ImmortalExile

I'm with you on the whole Star Wars MMO. I watched it since 2008, and I can honestly say that my interest has finally dissipated. I doubt I'll even purchase the title. After seeing WildStar, and knowing how far from release it possibly is... well, I just hope it isn't the next TOR for me. FOR ME, mind you.

Anyways... I picked up Guild Wars again. I played for about 12 hours over the last few days. It'll tide me over.
  7. Khalm

Khalm New Cupcake

SWTOR is the opposite of what I have seen of Wildstar so far. Seems Wildstar wants us to play we want to play, while SWTOR has a story to tell, meaning you play the game they want you to play.

The reason I loved star wars to begin with was it was this incredible world with magic and science in a chaotic lawless universe, like the wild west in space. Firefly fits the bill too. And now, Wildstar has my attention.

Currently game sad, nothing to play. Just stalking forums.
  8. Belios

Belios New Cupcake

Been stalking the FIREFALL forums while i wait for that beta to end/get invited to that beta. It looks like a very interesting and F2P game, so when that hits in december I'll probably be playing that alot.
  9. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, oddly enough , I started at FireFall, but FF slipped to second , as WildStar emerged. It certainly looks good, and their studio has some interesting parallels to Carbine.
  10. Belios

Belios New Cupcake

Well i'm not saying that Firefall will be my main game, but, it's deffinitly going to fill in the time between when it releases and Wildstar releases. That and it's a shooter and i could easily play both a shooter and Wildstar at the same time.
  11. alienfirst

alienfirst Deck the Granok Winner 2011

I messed with WoW after they went free to play until level 20. I dunno, it didn't grab me.

Right now though I've been playing Guild Wars with my boyfriend. Been having lots of fun, just can't play it very much.
    ImmortalExile likes this.
  12. ImmortalExile

Yay for Guild Wars!
    It's been damn near five years for me since I've played. So going back to the title after so long was very... well, nostalgic and seemingly new, as well. My wife even plays, though she's not a huge fan. She's so used to the whole "WoW" thing...
    Guild Wars is a fun game to play just to waste time, I think. So, good choice.
  13. aspira

aspira Founding Member

Not sure if you can class Minecraft as an MMO despite it being listed as one, but I am spending a lot of time playing that at the moment.

I made this recently.....

Other than that, I am playing a few betas and some single player stuff. Space Marine is epic if any of you guys were ever into 40K lore.
  14. gentlestar

gentlestar Admin's Wifey - Do Not Aggro!

City of Heroes and Villians is great.. i've been playing that for years now , it never gets old for me altho it was my first MMO so I might be biased ..

I hate hate hate first person shooter games , i just cant get into them .. so in the meantime till wildstar comes out I will stick with my old fav of COV ..
  15. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

Seems like it might not be a bad idea to set up a "waiting for WildStar" whatever-they-call-a-guild in City of Super-powered Individuals of a Varied Moral and Ethical Range. It seems to be the most positively regarded game in this thread, it's going free-to-play (enough) soon, and with the diverse character creation system we could conceivably make proto-versions of our WildStar characters. Oh, and same publisher, which doesn't really mean anything but it's nice?

Nothing serious, I'm just thinking an outlet for the community here to get to know each other in a light, gaming sense. Maybe?
  16. gentlestar

actually that sounds like a fun idea , and any excuse to come up with a new character would be fun .. I'm a huge fan of character creators .. i've been known to spend an hour or more just getting the look right lol I cant play a character i'm not happy with or that doesnt feel right. .. but i think making a group for us would be fun! However i'm a villian girl , i hate playing a goody goody lol
  17. souper

souper Founding Member

Eww, I think the highest Villain I've ever gotten was 41. Hate redside. But Freedom lets you play Villain ATs on blueside so yay.

As far as a CoH WildStar SG, I might join. It is a NCSoft game too, so its all family!
  18. gentlestar

warhammer was the only good side i've played but yes i can be happy by taking a villian onto the hero side lol or just playing a kheldian .. they are alot of fun!
  19. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

I'm in! Just let me know which server and I'll make a brand new character. Blueside, redside, or Praetoria?
  20. Robeardo

Robeardo Former Carbine Alumni

A happy world with vinyl figures and insane people
    Hmmmm... Y'all will have to let me know which side and server you land on for CoH/V. Who knows? Maybe Robeardo will show up to save the day! Well, or spoil, I suppose. :)
    Celsus and Autumnal like this.