1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What MMOs are you playing in the meantime?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Nonsensicles, Aug 21, 2011.

1. gentlestar

gentlestar Admin's Wifey - Do Not Aggro!

now i'm all excited about this lol I think we should do it!
    Brotoi likes this.
  2. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Sigh, it figures. I have a capped character on Champions Online. "Back to the drawing board".

I would like to cast my vote for "count me in" when it's decided where we'll play.
  3. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm... Tomorrow starts the VIP Preview of Freedom and Issue 21, so I'll definitely be playing tomorrow. Does anyone a particular server preference? Pinnacle, maybe? I often start experimental characters on Pinnacle because it is usually not crowded.
  4. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I've never played it before and won't be playing until the general release of Freedom, so I'll have to leave it up to the rest of you to figure out the details. *cough* However, I'll be joining up as soon as I possibly can. :)
  5. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Never played before, but count my ass in. I need something to play, and if fellow WildStar fans are heading into a congregation in CoH/V then I'm all in.
  6. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

Some times Spoiling is Saving, and vice versa is suppose.
  7. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I am running around on EQ2 Extended, the Sony free-to-play server version of EQ2 Live. Half a decade of content, zones, shiney collections, achievements, crafting with deepth to it, vibrant grapics and a pretty big community that compares to the most active EQ2 Live server.

Access to all expansions except the newest as a freebie, with limits on gear quality, char slots, bag slots, bank slots and chat rooms. A one time fee of $10 upgrades to silver account with less limitations and more bagspace (I am a packhorse, so that is pretty much the main deal there for me). Or the month gold sub with even more access, or the yearly deluxe sub type platinum that automatically adds access to all content including the current. Check their pay plan on www.everquest2.com.
    Their cash shop is a Marketplace, where you can buy vanity items, housing, mounts etc. non game-breaking items, including unlocking stuff that is limited by your account type.

Also there is ingame access to their card game Legends of Norrath, which carries rare loot cards for the game - still vanity and housing stuff mostly. If you have an old Sony account, you can sign up with that and possibly get some extra items to claim from promotional rewards over the years.

It looks like a lifetime commitment for me, since I talked my mother into trying a free-to-play account a year ago. She is now a monthly subscriber and would likely disenherit me, if I considered leaving for good. I will likely turn my own account into platinum before New Year, so I get access to 3 more char slots and the newest expansion, whenever a new one comes out.

During the year I have played EQ2 Extended, I also took a half year playing Rift.

Sony is changing their release methods. New expansion will in the future add features, while their game updates (GU 61 came out last week) adds dungeons and such.

If you come by, look me up. I run the guild "Charmed", and would love to tattle about news about Wildstar in the guild chat to sucker some of my EQ2 friends into it too / Machiavellian laugh

I am not a FPS gamer, so if that is your main squeeze, my game recommendations is not likely to hit your flavor or even your funny bone.
  8. WarpCode

WarpCode New Cupcake

Playing Rift and loving it.
    Also playing APB and enjoying it more then I did with the previous developer.
    Also in beta for a couple of other MMO's currently in production.
  9. Nonsensicles

So, uh, would anyone like to send me a friend invite to City of Heroes when it's available?
  10. SnowHeart

SnowHeart New Cupcake

For those playing CoH i made a global channel called WildStar; but it only looks like VIP can join..I'm not sure.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I'm playing through some of the older story arcs to pass the time.

Cheers,
    Nonsensicles likes this.
  11. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Started playing Glitch today, loving it so far. This is probably something I'll come back to... a lot.
  12. Robeardo

Robeardo Former Carbine Alumni

A happy world with vinyl figures and insane people
    I'm playing Glitch, too. I love it. And I love that I can research my skills in real-time so I don't have to do it in-game. What server are people gathering on for CoH?
  13. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

HEy all, first post here. At the moment I'm mostly kicking around in aion. This is mostly as we still have an active playerbase in game as a legion so it'll keep me ticking over until the big Christmas releases/betas . Been trying the beta of wrath of heroes also for a bit of weekend pvp related nonsensery. yup mmmm pvp
  14. Mytob

Mytob New Cupcake

Playing WoW. Still waiting for 4.3..........
  15. Oabe

Oabe Cupcake-About-Town

still stuck on EvE,
  16. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I am still playing KOTOR and The Witcher and I have SWTOR preordered. That should keep me busy for a while.
  17. Wobbley

Wobbley Cupcake

I went back to WoW...for a whole 2 days. Then I got a beta invite to Tribes: Ascend, been playing that since :)
  18. Nonsensicles

Been really getting into CoH (helps that there's a kickarse RP community on Union). Played TOR on three beta weekends, it's alright. My partner likes it a lot more, so we're getting it to have something to play together.
  19. Sivri

Sivri New Cupcake

Played Rift since launch, but am suffering from "low-rp-population" grumpyness these days. I intend to keep on playing it, but it's less and less as the months go by. Recently decided to try AoC and I was positively surprised over how good a to-be four year old mmorpg can be, and I also wonder why the fudge I didn't play if sooner when there were actually people there xD
    On the horizon I'll be trying SW:TOR, but based on my beta-testing experiences I have my severe doubts that I'll be in for more than a month. I have also been waiting around for GW2, since Guild wars was my first mmo ever and I'm curious. And of course, now also waiting for Wildstar :)
  20. Ixath

Ixath New Cupcake

Last real MMO I played was Rift. Spent too much time power-gaming in it and burnt myself out very hard on MMOs. Tried SWTOR during Beta1 up through the close of beta and didn't really like it that much. It was amazing for the first 30 levels or so and I hated it after that. It was the same grind and same repetitive <REDACTED> seen in every game.

I've been playing Path of Exile lately. It's in closed beta right now and is an ARPG like Diablo or Torchlight.. am taking a break with that too.

Reinstalled CoH and am trying to get my GuildWars account reactivated (no idea what my serial is, so having to deal with NCSoft support).. so, I'll be playing CoH this weekend and hopefully for a little while longer.