1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What MMOs are you playing in the meantime?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Nonsensicles, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Quit Swtor a couple of months ago, I've never had such high hopes for a game lead to such disappointment. Playing Tera for now, but it's just a time killer. I do enjoy the combat system though.
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I already tried 2 other mmorpg's this year besides WoW. Both didn't last 2 months. The upcoming titles or expansions don't interest me at all. Can't be excited for GW2 as well. Next month I'm going back to school, have to spend time on that instead, so I'm keeping away from mmorpg's for at least for the rest of this year. In the meantime I'm dreaming about Wildstar.
  3. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Trying Vanguard on the side, while waiting for MoP.

The Isle of Dawn - starter area -- seem to be a little worn under the pressure, but it is the best place to start, better rewards, and the lvl 10 adventuring/craft/diplomacy reward on Isle of Dawn is good for 40 levels or so, nothing comparable in racial starter areas :p

The game has suffered from longtime neglect, only recent months has been giving some game updates to patch out some issues, while they have prepped it for f2p.
  4. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I wasn't playing anything lately until I went back to EQ1 again, the free version. Started a gnome rogue. Just playing around until this comes along.
  5. Rock

Rock New Cupcake

I'm playing the upcoming Guild Wars 2 and while I wait I bought The Walking Dead and Darksiders 2.
  6. SiegaPlays

And SOE just sold the European gamers on EQ1 and Vanguard to ProSieben too, so now I am back to only WoW and Second Life (yes, I have a sub, I own my own land and enjoy making furniture, buildings and other stuff there :p)
  7. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Are ProSieben bad? I am worried slightly because I want to play Planetside 2 and I know nothing about them.

ProSieben have been trying to reassure the community, but I guess I have to wait and see.
  8. SiegaPlays

Their reputation is not the best, and some of the things they have as standard is not something SOE users are used to.

From the first game transitioned, we already know ProSieben want more in subscription and gives a worse support for it. Add to that they apparently has the option to delete accounts that are inactive for a while, something SOE never did, hence the reason people can return years later. Their technical support require access to the player machine (pretty much clinched it for me) and their game portfolio is targetted more 14-25 year olds rather than the older audience of SOE. Their other games has pay to win items on the cash store, so who are going to trust that to be kept off the SOE games, and if Europeans got acces to pay to win, SOE would have an excuse to add it to their side too.

Everquest 2 thread - the third thread since the announcement back around New Year, the 2 prior ones were just as full of optimistic and happy posts about it, not to mention back then they were talking IP blocks and total segregation. Now it is at least so people can play together on the servers they are used to.

Everquest 1 thread - first thread, since they got into the know of their future this week.

Vanguard thread - first thread too.

If it was their portfolio only, maybe DCUO would have fit in, I think it is younger than the rest. But the rest of it, no thanks.
  9. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Really? Never heard any game company did go that far. I would never allow that as well.
  10. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Thanks for the feedback Siega :)

I wish SOE hosted the games in Europe. Oh well Planetside 2 is too good to pass up I guess I will have to put up with ProSieben.
  11. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

In the meantime? I went back to TOR after a few months and I'm tinkering around in it mostly. Have already prepurchased GW2 and plan to be playing it but I'm not really wound up over it or anything. Tried TSW but it faded fast. Not planning to get MoP and have no desire to go back to WoW again. Other than that I'm doing a little Crusader Kings here and there with some Skyrim and Shogun 2 Total War.
  12. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I'm playing a huge amount of Borderlands and will be playing a lot of Borderlands 2. Since I am also games reviewer, I play an awful lot of games.... usually not of the MMO variety.
  13. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

I ended up loading up Champions Online again for the last couple months. I thought I would give it another shot. Thankfully Guild Wars 2 starts on Saturday for me because I am about burnt out on CO again. If GW2 ends up being as fun as it was in the beta weekends it may just take me all the way up to Wildstar.

/crosses fingers