1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What mouse are you using?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by John, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

I've been using a Naga Hex for a few months and have nothing but praise for it. The six buttons on the side are very easy to reach but also really hard to push by accident, and it isn't stupidly over-sized like most gaming mice are. I can set up any given game so all I need is the six mouse buttons plus ctrl and shift as modifiers. It's been pretty handy for shooters and TERA, since I need to keep my attention firmly on my digital environment and can't afford to get lost in keyboard buttons.

I took one look at that when I was shopping for a gaming mouse and had nightmares of robot uprisings for a week. Try not to get assimilated. Also, isn't it kind of unwieldy?
  2. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, assimilation occurs! :(

Unwieldy, does that mean not suited to hold? Seeing as it's fully customizable it's the only mouse that suits me. I've got fairly huge hands. :up:
  3. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I got the logitech g600 to replace my naga and I love it.
    Rogosh likes this.
  4. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty much mean if it's difficult to move around? Those things look heavy. I remember when WoW's Cata expac was coming out, they released a special Cata-edition mouse that was, no joke, as big as my entire mousepad. My hand set flat on top of it and couldn't reach the side buttons, and it's not like I have tiny hands. With my hex, I can wrap it with my fingers and let my palm set on my mousepad, which is comfortable to me.
  5. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

Logitech G700 now, thanks to a birthday present a couple years ago. I can't do the gaming mice with the dozens of buttons - far too big for my hands.
  6. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Nope, very easy to move around, even palmed on mousepad. It's actually pretty small If you don't use the pinky-rest and adjust it to the smallest setting. Most noticeably, its very light if you take all the weights out. I know about the 'old' WoW mouse, and yes. it was pretty horrible. Steelseries' new one should be a lot better tho.
  7. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Razer Naga 2013 currently, before that I had the original Naga and that lasted me two years. It took me about 2 hours to get used to the thumb control and since then any mouse that doesn't have a 12 button keypad on the side is lacking for me.

It's not just a great MMO mouse but for any game at all, it's precision and DPI make it completely viable for FPS's especially. I can run round in CS and use my thumb to switch weapons without ever having to move a "critical" finger.

The criticism I would give it though is that the plastic contact that connects the physical mouse button to the click sensor inside wears away and then starts physically double clicking as the contacts slide over each other. It took about a year and a half for my original one to get to that point, however, you can just unscrew them, put a bit of solid plastic glue on the connector (some people say wax but I find due to how malleable it is it you have to replace it after a few weeks), level the glue off and let it dry. If you level it off properly it can last for about 2-3 months before fixing it again :p.
  8. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Cleaned out my Razer Lachesis today.. OMG SO SMOOTH SCROLL WHEEL.
  9. Purple Rose

Purple Rose Cupcake-About-Town

A 10 euros ones!
    Saw Koreans wining everyone with 10 euros mouse and broken keyboards and tried to be like them.
    Failed hard !
  10. John

John "That" Cupcake

I tried out the Razer Deathadder to replace the G400 and liked it much better. Recommend to anyone with larger hands looking for a comfortable mouse. The buttons on the G400 were just too small.
  11. Britney

Britney Cupcake

I'm using QPAD 5K Laser, it's the best mouse I've ever been using. The only disadvantage is that it doesn't have that many buttons. But its comfy as hell so I go with it anyway!
    [​IMG]
    It's from the unknown Swedish company QPAD. I really recommend them since they have great products and a really good warranty (up to 5 years).
    Lumzk likes this.
  12. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

13. Jech

Jech New Cupcake

Logitech g500. Also use a logitech g13 for left hand
  14. Methios

Methios Cupcake

Naga Razor
  15. The Duck

The Duck New Cupcake

Razer Naga Hex here, I had the 12 button ultimate for a while but with my thumb size I ended up keybinding groups of buttons with it. With simple alt and ctrl modifiers I can still easily get 18 side binds on the Hex, more than enough for most games. It also has two buttons directly behind the mouse wheel, that's actually my favorite part about the mouse. It seemed pretty lightweight when I first got it but 500 hours of D3 and a year of WoW raiding later it is performing like new. Better than I expected and well worth the money.
  16. HighlordDak425

HighlordDak425 New Cupcake

I've got a Razor DeathAdder that I bounce back between my desktop and laptop. My desktop itself just has a dinky stock mouse :(
  17. Auxiliary

Auxiliary Cupcake

Razer Naga here, but I definitely don't make optimal use of the side-buttons.
  18. Neepz

Neepz New Cupcake

Rzer Abyssus for the moment, waiting for my G600 to get here.
  19. Seth Alsteria Rhode

Seth Alsteria Rhode New Cupcake

I'm currently using themaltake lvl 10 mouse and loving it! :up: so many colors!!
  20. Praiz

Praiz Cupcake-About-Town

My naga died too. As did my Deathadder. Repping that MX518 hard, it's such a great quality mouse. I really need to stockpile more for future, when no longer made.