1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What path will you play? [Poll]

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kaizan, May 21, 2013.

?

Which path will you play?

1. Soldier

11.6%
  2. Scientist

32.0%
  3. Settler

19.2%
  4. Explorer

26.5%
  5. Undecided

10.7%
  1. Trickai

Trickai New Cupcake

I haven't been in the beta yet...only watching the great videos. I voted for undecided. I just can't choose which I would like the most. The only thing I am sure of is that it won't be soldier.

I think my biggest problem in deciding is that I am still confusing class with path. I imagine once I actually am playing that will clear up for me.

Explorer is a good option for me as it all sounds like fun. I am one of those people who want to explore everything. I can't stand leaving even a little bit unexplored on a map. There are a couple of things in the videos that I am not crazy about though...all the "platform jumping" is the main thing...I totally suck at that kind of thing.

Scientist sort of plays into the way I like to play too. It's not just the physical aspects...the map aspects...I want to explore. I need to know everything about everything. Plus I like the little bots.

Settlers also play to my love of crafting. I am not sure how long buildings and stuff last, like bars and quest givers and stuff...but it sounds very fun.

So yeah....not a clue what path I will take. I imagine myself trying them all out...even soldier...for several weeks each before finally settling on a main character race/class/path.

I am so looking forward to this game...I am actually now having dreams about it...which is either kinda sad for me, or sort of amazing for the creators of Wildstar that they can make me dream about their game.
  2. Acrowe

Acrowe New Cupcake

Explorer, more jumping puzzles. Plus, it just fits with my goofy, albeit cute looking Aurin in planning.
  3. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

I've gotten completely ahead of myself, and become quite enamored with the idea of Scanbot customization... I only hope it's as deep in practice as it is in my head. :p
  4. Trickai

Trickai New Cupcake

You can just tell from the videos they are pouring everything they can into this...so I would think that if the customization is not as deep as you hope...that eventually it will be. They really seem to be making this game from the point of a gamer, you know, putting stuff in that an actual player would want. Not like some games that throw stuff together to make generic stuff and then throw a cash shop on it.

Again, without ever actually playing the game, I am convinced that this is a game that will continue to get better and actually listen to their customer base when adding new stuff or changing existing stuff. There will always be some disappointments along the way...just not possible to make everyone happy, but I can easily see myself playing this game for a long long time.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  5. Edymnion

Edymnion New Cupcake

Settler. I spent well over half a decade playing a WoW main with Engineering. I love building things, and the Settler is looking really awesome for that.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  6. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

I personally am leaning heavily towards a solider but, I could honestly see myself as an explorer or (and this is a very slight chance) a settler.... only reason why it isn't too likely that I would be a settler is the fact that I tend to not socialize well with others unless the people know me well and if I need to rely upon others outside of raids (especially pugs/randoms) I'm gonna eventually stab myself in the foot. Explorer is a chance because I do enjoy running all over the place and memorizing everything from a little nock to that giant castle (sometimes even claiming a little place as my home/hide out after a raid or to camp and pvp). Solider is the highest chance though because when it comes down to it I'm gonna kill you. I will kill you, then kill your body, then kill your ghost, then I'll kill your ghost's ghost!... The only reason why I may not be a solider is if I do end up being a tank- a tank normally doesn't do much damage and if this is the case spending my time fighting for a hour and a half to kill a mob because I can't die but I take forever to do any damage wouldn't be too much fun.
  7. Luciamund

Luciamund Cupcake

I am leaning toward settler in wow I cut people with my warrior in rift i stabbed people with my rogue in swtor I healed people with my mercenary. In wildstar I just want to build a bar and get cronked... while getting xp for it because drinking+levels=AWESOME
  8. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Scientist, man!

#LoreForTheScore

I think that Scientists are so popular because the forum-going type of folks are just naturally drawn towards that sort of thing :p. I reckon that most people in the 'general public' might roll Soldier. :p
  9. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

Settler no doubt. I love the idea of the social yet practical services it will have. Lots of potential here, and a very unique feature compared to pretty much any MMO out there right now.
  10. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

Wow, I see leading scientists in the survey. And I thought that it will be Settlers often hear about them on the forums, etc. as soo popular Path.
    I enjoy adventures, I love to travel. So my first character will be Explorer :)
  11. ValleyD

ValleyD New Cupcake

i am going Soldier. i like that i can play the role of an assassin. Exiles will knot know what hit them :)
  12. Rarlian

Rarlian New Cupcake

It's hard to decide, but I like Scientist, Settler, and Explorer much more than Soldier.
  13. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Settler for me I guess, I like the social side as long as it does not include loser RP'ing I have a life don't need a pretend to make me feel better :D
  14. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

It's really good to see the spread of paths so far. I'm enjoying the Settler path so far - thinking about Soldier as well.
  15. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

Old school gamer.. I'm so set in my gaming ways that I can't see myself being anything else other than a Warrior/Soldier..
  16. Dayno

Dayno New Cupcake

I am picking Soldier. I am just more of a fighting person and the combat in this game looks very fun to play. If I find it boring I will probably go to Settler or Scientist. There's just so many good paths to choose from! :p
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Crackin' skulls is how it's done!

However science can be fun too. You can blow things up with it so I approve of it.
  18. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

All! :D But at the beginning of the game, I will focus its greatest attention to Explorer :whistling:
  19. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Scientist. I was already interested in it, but the randomized puzzles convinced me. I love puzzles.

I'm sure I'll make a Settler as an alt, though.
  20. Coolio

Coolio New Cupcake

Hmm this is tough.
    On one hand I love lore of all games. However, I'm a nut over big explosions.
    Sigh, O the choices...