1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What race will you be?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Fb62, Mar 31, 2013.

1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

this is about five minutes late but just thought it was cool and funny

lets put all this behind us and be friends what do you say <(^o^)>
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Sure.

But I'll still make fun of your name. XD
  3. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

- reads first part: <(^_^)>

- reads second part: <(-_-)>

lol
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Lyng

Lyng New Cupcake

Cassian of course. Esper - Scientist. With ironfist and superior Intelligence we shall rule the galactic vermin, and those white trash Exile humans. Muahahaha
  5. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Implies we are simply white trash instead of galactic vermin.

I'll take it as a compliment.
  6. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

I am hoping to create a Chua Esper on the Settler path if Chua becomes a playable race.
  7. Bravadorado

We'll find out in about 12 hours.
    McGamer likes this.
  8. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

If the Chua didn't have horrible class choices I'd probably be one... but they're just turning out to be a disappointment.
  9. Bravadorado

By horrible class choices you mean using weapons they can physically carry and not being able to go into stealth because everyone would exploit that combined with their height (Not to mention Chua clearly are not the stealthy types)? I am confused by your statement.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  10. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

The Chua class choices still falls in line with what I had planned, which is Esper so I am content.
  11. Teerack

hahaha! This post is hilarious.

first off they could carry swords/knives.

Second if you really think people can "exploit" a height difference by being a stealth class I really recommend playing an mmo... like seriously any of them.
  12. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Also: This game doesn't rely on tab-targeting. Just hit the area that the Chua is in and you'll deal damage.

-Rachel-
  13. Bravadorado

Really, you think the Chua could carry a warrior greatsword? Not to mention jump/attack with it while also having a chainsaw/cannon strapped to one hand?

Also, I didn't mean exploit in the way you are thinking. I mean that there would be a huge amount of chua stalkers simply because they are small, I don't think Carbine wants to have one of their races exploited like that. They don't want people to see a chua and immediately think it's a stalker (Because that is what happens in any MMO where a small race can be the stealth class, you can't say with a straight face that when you hear gnome, halfling, woodelf, etc you don't immediately think of them being stealthy). Not to mention the Chua are psychos and in no way would sneak around being stealthy. They would prefer to jump in fur-flying and guns blazing/bombs exploding.

There are clear and intelligent reasons that the Chua aren't certain classes.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Exactly. This is because they are the chua, of course!
  15. Teerack

The weapons Granok use scale up, and weapons Aurin use Scale down(as expecting for pretty much every mmo) so the size of the weapons always fit the race so there isn't an argument there they could. Especially considering the riles some of them are holding are larger than most of the swords.

Using that broken logic for your second point Grannock shouldn't be able to be warriors because when people see them they think warrior....
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Houston... we have a problem...

Thou shalt not break the NDA. : /
    ArdentSun likes this.
  17. Teerack

That's not breaking. It's something you can see in the screenshots they released. :p
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Even though you're not supposed to tell others that you're in beta?
  19. Bravadorado

Beta NDA break...

Reasonable scaling is fine, wildstar warriors are meant to have huge weapons, the chua scaled greatswords would be tiny. Carbine has also said that they very much want PvP silhouettes to be easily recognisable, and a chua with a sword you can only barely see from a distance isn't exactly what I call clear. This is also the reason that Chua classes will likely be all ranged, you'll see their spells from a distance so you don't have to get right in their face to discover their class.

Nay sir, tell me another MMO that has giant rock people? None that I can think of off hand. This is a mostly new race (It is in the hulking archetype, though), so anything you think of when you see a Granok should be purely what Carbine has envisioned for them (Since they told you about them and thus formed those thoughts). Carbine WANTS this race to make you think of warriors or at least hulking badasses, and that is my point. Clearly Carbine does not want to fall into that rut with the Chua. They want the Chua to be unique from other tiny scientific races and have nothing to do with stealthy assassination.

Not to mention that for the second point you completely ignored the part where I said "The chua wouldn't do that". Nothing about them is sneaky or stealthy, not even a little bit. They simply wouldn't be Stalkers based on their lore, similar to how Mechari wouldn't be Spellslingers because they are robots and have no magic. OR how Draken/Granok wont be espers; because they aren't too smart.

Anyway, I've got other things to do, try not to break NDA any more.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  20. Teerack

Well yeah like I said that's not an NDA break when I'm talking about the screen shots up on Wildstar-online.com..... You could look into the NDA so you better understand it, but whatever.

Yeah your argument about the weapons is so weak I don't think I need to argue against it honestly :p

There are two rock races in terra, and some other games... but that aside the rock aspect is totally irrelevant because they are the big buff race... which is why people would picture them as warriors... the same way people would think Chuas should be stalkers because they're small...

The Chua are probably the least unique of all the races in the games so making them unique really wasn't the goal, and if it was mission failed. They added the short race and they make them the smart/reckless type.... that's as typical as you can get because they wanted to appeal to the type of people that always play those races...

I ignored the other part because I it was wrong... stalkers sneak up... and then hack and slash the enemy... pretty typical for a psychotic person... not to mention they're racoon like so moving stealthy would just be part of their natural physiology.