1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What race will you choose and why?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Jabberwocky, Sep 13, 2013.

1. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Phew.. good job this threads only about races ;)

Haha sorry think you got a little confused they're just asking what race you'll pick for your main i think, not class :p
  2. Mersea

Mersea New Cupcake

I'm going to be a Draken because I like to kill everything in sight.
  3. PandaRabies

PandaRabies New Cupcake

I'm most interested in the Draken and Mordesh :D. The Chua are one of my favorites too..
  4. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

Draken, because tails. And brutality. Unless I like a class they can't be more than the classes they can.

Rastafragging race/class restrictions...

Which means quite possibly Cassian, actually.
  5. Vespene

Vespene New Cupcake

I'll probably end up being a human at release. Might give Aurin a shot too, especially if I manage to get into the beta. I really like how much expression and life they've put into the Aurins, but I figure the humans aren't exactly dull either.
  6. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

Y'all should consider filling out the census here . Has some pretty great data segmenting and getting to have a decent sample size.
  7. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

Dominion side I will be playing exclusively Mechari. I have been a fan of robots in general since I first saw Short Circuit as a wee fleshling and I have been waiting so long for an MMO in which I could not only play a robotic race, but I could play ALL The classes I want to play on it.

Exile side...if this ever happens I'll more than likely play Granok (so I can be BigMcLargeHuge) or Mordesh.
  8. Rensiferum

Rensiferum New Cupcake

Most likely going Dominion. My race will really depend on which class I go with.
    Though I'm kind of taking a liking to the Chua oddly enough (I'm usually an Anti Small race guy).

Hard to really choose I actually like ALL the races on both factions for once in a MMORPG. Though it's mainly between Chua or Draken atm.
  9. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

Okay, I've gotta ask, what is with all the Chua love? I'm not trying to start a flame but I just don't see the appeal. Can anyone explain it to me?
  10. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

Human medic as my main, because I always want that one "normal" character.

Aurin esper, because I need an aurin in there somewhere.

Granok warrior + Granok engineer because the granok are badass.

Mordesh Stalker + Mordesh spellslinger, see granok reasoning.

All male, preferably with beards.
  11. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

Cute fuzzy things are their own explanation. See Mogwai or Tribbles or Kittens. That they're bloodthirsty psychopaths who blow people up is just a bonus. Like kittens with laser beam eyes and grenades.
  12. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

Hrm, I guess it makes sense. I've never been one for cutsy-wootsy things myself, preferring either heavy machinery or the "armed to the teeth with bone-shattering blowey-uppy things" motif. I will admit that I enjoy the fact that I get to team up with the crazy gnome-muppet hybrids, GO DOMINION!

To all those that enjoy the Chua good on ya, I'll happily take the heat off of ya with my bulky metal self.
  13. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

im leaning toward drakken just because stalker tank sounds interesting. chua look great in the concept art, but im worried, most of the in game chua don't look very havocky. they seem to have pretty bland expressions sofar, unlike the concept art. hopefully thats just because we havent seen all that many of them yet.
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

They are just like me :D Little psychopaths :up:

First time a race ever came so close to being me....I just have to be one! :sneaky:
  15. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

Well the moment i show Chuas in the class trailer i was sold... My money is already waiting to be given to this game.

All my characters will be CHUAS!! who needs the rest of the classes if they cant be Chua
    Small cute furry and when you think it cant get better they are crazy psychopathic pvp killers :D

This is BEYOND perfect!
  16. Iryne

Iryne New Cupcake

Draken because they look absolutely fantastic. Most likely stalker... or warrior. Depends how good stalker is in pve. You know, stealthy classes tend to be pvp focused. And stalker will be only medium armored tank, that combined to evade thing may make them hard to heal and melee dps may hate moving boss (happened in Tera, warrior was evade tank with medium armor. Everyone hated their tanking since boss was moving with them -> harder for dps to focus just into dps. Now Tera warriors have taunt and that makes class boring)

Also Mechari engineer... it is robot with big gun, what else do I need to say. If I want to go for healing I think it will be Cassian spellslinger/esper. For some reason I haven't seen myself playing medic... if it goes like it usually goes medic will be my main after couple of moths from game release. :D

Anyway, I will have army of alts.
  17. Dragonix

Dragonix New Cupcake

I will definitely be a human, Exiles. If they would have let Granok access to Spellslinger then I would have pick that race.
  18. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

Not too crazy about the races. Probably human or space zombie. But I guess I'll know for sure when I see the racials, if any, or the character creation process.
  19. Martini

Martini Cupcake

I am really torn. It depends a little on what class I end up going but either Aurin and Draken, if not those then Human or Cassian (for Medic).
  20. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

you should go aurin;)..........:D