1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What role will you play?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Lekore, May 23, 2013.

?

What role will you play?

1. Healer

33.8%
  2. Tank

24.9%
  3. MDPS

18.0%
  4. RDPS

23.4%
  1. Lekore

Lekore New Cupcake

Since we know there are going to be 6 dps, 3 tank, and 3 healers lets see who plans on doing what!!
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I love playing melee DPS and I hope I can keep doing that but Wildstar might not be so kind as to allow me to do so. :( I'm betting on the final two classes to service my needs.

I want to be an aurin, and while I can both tank and melee DPS as one (my favorite role combo), I also hate the rogue/assassin archetype the most, even more so than physical ranged and pure caster types. It's a huge dilemma for me. I may just have to be a draken warrior to get my fill of melee and tanking goodness.
  3. Mextli

Mextli New Cupcake

Big bad Granok tank
    Gargantua and Thordran like this.
  4. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I am undecided if I want to go tank / dps or healer / dps.
  5. Ephemeros

Ephemeros New Cupcake

I love healing, though a healer/tank class would be awesome because my friend also likes to heal so I end up tanking so we can group together :p
  6. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Unfortunately , you can only be healer/dps or tank /dps.

I have to add that if they add a pet class , I will most likely go that - otherwise its currently a toss up between esper/spellslinger or stalker. ( I fluctuate a lot so itll come down to decision time closer to launch ).
  7. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

I'm almost always DPS. Although I have spent some time Tanking. It was fun with friends, irritating with Pugs.

I'm going Spellslinger almost certainly (Unless the next class announced implodes my brain with a joygasm) and for the first time ever I'm actually considering playing a healer. Of course if there isn't a dual spec of sorts then that would likely make solo leveling very difficult. That said I would really like to be able to switch between Healer/DPS as needed.
  8. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems New Cupcake

I love tanking. In WoW, I have the history of being the off-tank as a druid tank. So, I will be continuing my story throughout Wildstar as (probably) a Aurin Stalker Tank (BUNNY EARS :3). I cannot wait for the game to launch for me to go ahead and slay bosses! :)
  9. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

If the game started right now I would be Warrior DPS full Brutality but I still want to see the tank in PvP and see how it looks. Also I might be a tank because it is easier to find groups when your a tank in PvE.

And I hate range classes so yea
  10. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

I enjoy playing tanks and taking off nights as a DPS if I'm not feeling it. I like to control the action as a general rule.

I'm hopeful that the rumored rifle-wielding class can be a tank. I enjoyed playing as a Vanguard in TOR, and if there's a class that has a varied toolset like that in Wildstar I'll be happy. If not, I will probably play as a Warrior. I have a ton of experience playing as a melee DPS and tank from many games, and enjoy that role as well.
  11. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

I picked tank but may switch to rdps depending on how SS or ESP turns out. For my tank it would be either the unannounced tank class or stalker.
  12. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

I dunno yet, I'm torn at first I was considering being a tank, but I'm not so sure any more. I want to have a female Cassian though and I'm thinking of going with the scientist path, so now I'm leaning towards a spellslinger. In the end it will probably come down to game play.
  13. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    I'll be DPS/Tank.

I tried healing once, but my wife says my healing skills are about as good as my dancing skills.
    Homeslice and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

LOL
  15. Homeslice

Homeslice Cupcake

At the moment I am planning tank. Warrior Granok Settler but I enjoy healing as well. So if I stay warrior that will definitely be my first Alt. I am still waiting to see the last race and classes before my final answer.
  16. Lekore

Lekore New Cupcake

Surprised to see the lack of love for the ranged dps i thought everyone liked to glass cannon nuke town 2025 from a distance. Thats what im gonna do when im not healing
  17. Xlugon Pyro

RDPS has always been hard to find in my experience in MMOs. Even harder than finding tanks and healers, at least in a raid setting. The big guilds were always recruiting ranged DPS and the occasional healer.
  18. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

Really? I'm curious what games have you played in the past. Just asking because I've had a very different experience in my mmo days. I'll admit most of my raiding experience hails from WoW. If anything, if a guild was recruiting a RDPS it's because raid comps typically were comprised of more RDPS than anything else. My experience has been that good healers are often the hardest to find.

That said I'll be playing a healer. Not sure which one though as it was mentioned one of the unannounced classes will be able to heal.
  19. Xlugon Pyro

Healers are up there too. My raid experience is exclusively from WoW but I always saw guilds needing a few key RDPS players and healers too, but I remember seeing RDPS wanted more often.
  20. Honour

Honour Cupcake

I'll be healing, though I mayyyyy be tempted over to tanking by the time release comes if new information comes out that compels me to try it.