1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Lipgloss

Lipgloss New Cupcake

Substantial in game bonuses sell "special editions", but I would prefer that the giveaways only be aesthetic or out of game "loot" (figurines, posters, etc). Giving out in game gear, leveling bonuses, and the like is a deterrent to those who do not play the game at launch or pre-launch, and creates (however slight) an uneven playing field at the start.

I will be pre-ordering either way, but the over the top in-game bonuses are just annoying.
  2. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

Usually if I end up preordering something it's because there are cute clothes involved. >.>
  3. Byona

Byona New Cupcake

For me it would be early access.

Also, Pre-Ordering should have been available, and given priority for Closed Beta invites in my opinion.
  4. Rhythmix

Rhythmix New Cupcake

For me it's stuff that makes me stick out at the start of gives me a slight advantage in terms of movement! I can't tell you how much better it is to say get a small mount that I could use at level 10 without having to faf around buying one etc.
  5. Kluzu

Kluzu Cupcake

Name reservation, head start, cool in-game effect on /dance or a mini-pet type thing to show off, and possibly an art book or something physical.
  6. cirk

cirk Cupcake

Feedback of players who already own the product is biased and therefore less useful for testing.
    I would like a complete soundtrack please.
  7. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Thats exactly it ...but then some people struggle with English I think
  8. Byona

Byona New Cupcake

I don't understand how would that be biased? they bought the product therefore care more about its success. Many of those that do not buy the product are only interested in testing for personal gain, aka for viewing the game and deciding whether they should buy it or not, which frankly should be done in Open Beta not Closed Beta. They do not care about the game success as much as those that already bought it and would like to make it a better place.

Have a look at how many beta keys are being sold, there are plenty of keys given to people that don't even care about testing, and are simply making a profit from it by selling it to genuine players. While on the other hand some of the biggest fans and best testers are sitting out waiting for an invite. Pre-Order priority would have solved that problem and gave better quality testing.
  9. cirk

cirk Cupcake

Humans have a hard time being objective about their own actions. Most people will defend themselves instead of admitting they spend money on a bad product. By preordering wildstar you are already committed and more likely to oversee flaws. Because buying a flawed game would be stupid right?

Don't get me wrong. I want into beta as much as anyone here but I think I understand why preorder usually only grants access for the late open beta.
  10. Nemeses

:eek: That's why
  11. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

12. Prophyrian

Prophyrian Cupcake

i would hope that if they gave a special mount, that you would only be able to use it once you reached a certain level and the "special" aspect was purely superficial. Bought mounts ruined Neverwinters PvP as it was pay-to-win.

Personally, I love the authenticator and swag idea. You know you want a Draken hoody with horns!!!
  13. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

I want a exclusive big flying dragon, with which after 3 years, I can show off and feel special for some odd reason.
  14. Airhammer

Airhammer Cupcake

Early access, special pet. I also a big sucker for cool statues. Name reservations is always nice. The main thing I want is the ability to buy it now though :inlove:
  15. timaeusTestified

timaeusTestified New Cupcake

Like others are saying, early access and a pet is enough honestly. Nothing that set people with the CE to far away for the others.

Although a special vanity plug for the houses would be kind of fun.
  16. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Cupcake

Well, for collector's editions of MMOs, I like a CD soundtrack of the game and free in game items such free mounts, free mount training, and gear that levels with the characters.

Never underestimate the money saved when people don't have to buy a mount and training for each character.
  17. Nemeses

Although I do not buy CE versions anymore, just don't think they worth it IMO, I have no problems with them getting quite a few extra even if it gives them a boost in leveling etc, they paying the extra so they get the extra, it good business for both sides.

It should set them quite far from the normal versions and about 20% to 30% better than people who buy the DD version.
  18. Darxeid

Darxeid New Cupcake

for me, i love the art books that come with them. i don't need much of anything in terms of stuff. a few digital things (like mounts/pets/weapon skins) would be nice. but not too much <REDACTED> that it would cause the price to skyrocket.
  19. Darxeid

Darxeid New Cupcake

i think i'll take the coffe mug..lol
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  20. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Big high detail map of the known nexus usable as a poster
    Art book
    "Making of" DVD/Bluray with alot of bloopers and fan meetings etc.
    In game item, let it be tabard, cloak or a mount.
    In game vanity pet
    Wildstar mouse pad.
    etc