1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

Personally I would love a really cool Mechari collectible made by Sideshow Collectibles.

Like this [​IMG]

or this..
    [​IMG]

Yeah I know it would be too expensive, but I can dream. :inlove: Maybe NCsoft could get some kind of a bulk deal to drive down the price, ..no not buying it ok. :cry:

How much would you pay for a Mechari collectible of this quality?
  2. Symphus

Symphus New Cupcake

Here are some of the things I would like

* Headstart
    * Beta Access
    * Name Reservation
    * Awesome looking Wildstar statue or figure
    * Artbook
    * A mount or pet
  3. Littleman

Littleman New Cupcake

The relevant crud, because the crossed out comes as a result of panning out a massive influx of players into multiple, smaller influxes. AKA, smart move to lessen the strain on the log in servers for release. And generally speaking, the only reason One would want a headstart really is to get ahead of the pack, which is vain and stupid, and name reservation only goes so far as to weed out the non-preorders... One is still racing for their name at the same time as everyone else that pre-ordered, and in this day and age, that's still a metric crud-ton of people.

This is assuming a boxed copy of course. Chances are if it's F2P, open beta will just flow into release as if there was never an open beta to begin with, and everyone will just have to race for their names then. Even the closed beta testers.
  4. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

I want a game that will keep me playing for many years. So that when I put on my "day 1" title it actually means something.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  5. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

Pre-Order
    Open Beta access first of all, and wouldn't it be great if they open up pre-order sales along with start of open beta? Pretty Please?! I would also love up to 3 name reservations but maybe that could be for some upgrade like a deluxe type package along with a really cool in game motorcycle mount or something.
  6. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

I'm really really really hoping the predicted Engineer class will take that Heavy armor slot and being sci-fi could potentially be a ranged tank power armor class similar to Iron Man. Wouldn't that be something?
    Maddog Charlie and Afrotech like this.
  7. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

Sounds good to me.
  8. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

Honestly, there isn't anything virtual or real that would entice me to pay extra anymore.

In-game, pets, mounts, etc. end up never being used for the same reason I despise in-game stores. It's not a trophy, it's not cool, and it's not a show of skill. All it shows is that I had too much money for my own good and wasted it on something countless others also spent their money on. How lame.

In real life, statues, art books, clothing, etc. just ends up staying in the box or out right trashed.

So aside from name reservations -- which is really only fair if they use a universal naming system rather than a per-server method, the latter of which I prefer -- there isn't a thing that I'd be interested in. And even then I'd probably pass on it, especially since I know I wouldn't be even in the first wave of people to do it, thus eliminating the whole point of a name reservation.

At the heart, I just see "collector's editions" and all that rubbish as a feeble cash grab. I don't like the feeling that evokes. At all.
  9. Atreyah

Atreyah New Cupcake

I'm also more for digital stuff but I am hopeful for that Rowsdower plushie :) But things I usually like are:

-Early access
    -Name reservation
    -Some in game items like a piece of starter gear or maybe a cool spell.
    etc.
  10. lochness

lochness New Cupcake

As pre-order hope u can get digital too and not only box.
    But here is what i think had been cool:

* Headstart
    * Beta Access
    * Name Reservation
    * A house that looks diffrence then u can buy

Not big fan of bether gear or mounts... A pet yes but sense houseing is a "big" deal in WS i think it been more cool to get a house that looks diffrence then all others (it will not benefit any players just some thing that looks cooler :) )
  11. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

beta access and maybe other digital merchandise... anything more is a waste for me .... i won't be useing the books or the physical maps, i wont be displaying the figures or any of the other stuff .... pretty often i find it hard to keep the boxes of the CE ... like i had the starcraft ce box .... not sure where it is now :(

digital merchandise: audio files, screenshots, digital maps, Cut scenes (to later cut into a movie :D ) ingame emotes (like what aion did with /wings in gw1) ... but i dont want special skins ... tera promised ce skins and mounts .... never saw them and its been a year and a half now
  12. lee sinclair

lee sinclair Cupcake

preordering and lifetime subs bought before folks have even played the game only feed the trend in games made where folk quit after a month cos theres no real substance to the game.

We as gamers would get better quality games if we stopped spending cash on hype and kickstarters.
  13. jackashflash

jackashflash Cupcake-About-Town

I never buy CE! Why would I pay $40 for an art book I can look at online for free? Assuming of course I ever take the urge to, which I never do. So to me that is pissing away $40.
  14. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Star Citizen questions your conclusions :p
  15. jackashflash

jackashflash Cupcake-About-Town

I hold no expectations of a company that has to bum money from consumers to produce their game.
  16. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

As opposed to getting the same money from publishers? Whom got that mega amount of money by not fully paying the devs and taking a lot of the profits from previous game sales, paid for by consumers? Kickstarter and crowdfunding are just skipping the middle-man.

Either way I like to avoid hype trains, but when a studio with a pedigree of Cloud Imperium games starts showing off functional and rendered content at such an early stage as well as releasing fully though out tech documents. It's hard not to get your hopes up if you're a fan of the space sim genre.

The same applies to Carbine with their MMO talent pool, you can't help but pay attention to their product!
  17. lee sinclair

lee sinclair Cupcake

Star cit is all vapour so far, some rendered images an a few trailers doesnt mean anything.. for all we know it might crash an burn next week and all the invested cash gets pocketed. ill eat my words a month after release..just like any other game that is actually worth some time .
    btw im making a game that will be ace..no i promice it will..im a bit short tho so can u send me 100 £/$ ?, you get purple underpants on your avatar instead of the slightly less purple underpants everyone else gets if you do.
  18. Sikarus

Sikarus New Cupcake

Im a sucker for in game cosmetics. But I also tend to enjoy the artbooks ce's ussually come with too.
  19. Hellspawnx

Hellspawnx Cupcake

A large wildstar beer stein
    Warslyfe likes this.
  20. Warslyfe

Warslyfe Cupcake

Now that's something I can get behind. Something functional that I might use while playing or for completely unrelated events. Nothing fashion based (shirts, hats.. its all lame to me), but something like a stein or a headset, or even some goofy looking desk lamp. Give it a purpose that I can utilize other than its something that looks cool and is Wildstar related. Give me that!

Oh, and some lore books, but that's because I just like to read stuff.