1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What sweetens a pre-order/CE for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Malisent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

An art book or lore book would be awesome. Maybe different aurin ears, or as said above rowsdower plushie. And then throw in some wildstar shot glasses. All included in the Wildstar Eldan Edition(not a real game edition lol):up:
  2. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Lets at least hope that they are not going to have something like a soft launch so they will make everyone happy..
    As for head start 12 hours can really good considering that this can help with the traffic and both people(Those who pre-ordered and those who didnt)have a smooth gaming launch:)

As i said before i really really looking forward to buy a CE edition for this game!
    And the think i am looking more is a beta invite instantly when i pre-order.
    This can help with NDA-removal so the gameis well known to the public!

I just hope that the beta will not give OP items like EXP boosts,reputation boosts and staff like that!
  3. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed. Virtual stuff for CEs is really lame. A real thing, even if small and fairly inexpensive, makes it worthwhile.
  4. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Liara bishoujo figurine! (She's the Aurin in the W* cinematic trailer)
    Some unique cosmetic gear
    Unique hairstyles or colors! Bubblegum pink for Aurin!
    Soundtrack, I just love them
    Pretty box
    NO METAL DVD CASE! The hinges on those break too easy :(
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  5. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Some things I would be interested in.
    • A metal WildStar themed case.
    • A high quality 12 inch statue
    • Lore/art book
    • Behind the scenes DVD
    • WildStar soundtrack
    • WildStar themed keychain
    I would like for some exclusive in-game pet, housing decoration, or player cosmetic item, but unless there is an option for people to buy some cool stuff like that in a cash shop, I don't want them. Collector's Editions are not always available to people so they might miss out and a lot of people might not be able to afford it at the time of availability.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

NECROBOMBER!!!
  7. Bakajinsama

Bakajinsama New Cupcake

I'm a bit new around here (joined a few days ago, I'll try to post an intro in the intro thread in due time), but I've been following W* for a couple months now and I've loved what I've seen in both the game and the community here. The way the developers seem to be paying close attention to what the community wants is inspiring, and seems like it helps create this supportive community vibe I've been seeing. Looking forward to the game!

On topic, I thought I'd chip in my own vote for some of the basics I've seen suggested in the thread, namely CE and/or pre-order basics like titles, pets, vanity items. A unique-looking authenticator would be awesome, though I don't mind having an iPhone/Android app either. Things in line with the humor of the game would be amazing as well, maybe unique emotes or something snarky for characters to wear. Bagspace would be nice, and mounts are fun - having a little bit of convenience would be nice, though I'll agree it can turn sour quickly if overdone. I also love the player housing, and packing in plenty of unique adds I can stick in my home or on my property would be awesome.

I thought I'd offer two suggestions I hadn't seen posted (and I might've skipped over a few, apologies if I'm repeating any ideas already mentions):

--First, that I think anyone who pre-orders - and to a lesser degree people who buy CEs - show the most enthusiasm for the games they're buying. They're investing in them, and tend to be actively trying to create a fun game for everyone to play. With that in mind, I'd like to see some way to help make those people better leaders of the in-game community. I don't have a ton of ideas, but for example, something like a unique home 'plug' (gained instantly or through a short quest) that allows them to construct a 'radio station' and lets them broadcast messages every X number of minutes/every hour. Maybe make the color of the character names in the in-game chat a different color. Maybe even something like a cosmetic or very slightly convenient bonus if those characters create guilds, or become the heads of guilds.

--Second, that I think having options for what you like most is fun, and so with any digital-only CE or pre-order, maybe have a special shop with a number of options including titles, a couple different pets, mounts, etc that can be bought with special 'CE tokens.' Everything could all cost one token, or some things could cost more than others, but either way it would provide a way for people who purchased the pre-order or CE to get just what they want. This also ties in well with multiple-tier CE models: say the base game is $60, and you could get a basic CE for $80, a better for $100, and best for $120 or $150 (though I've always balked at the idea of spending over $100 for a game). This would allow for simply more tokens to be included with each edition, along with anything else that isn't digital. Could tie in well to a unique CE vendor, either one that exists automatically or one you can build as a Settler.

Just my 2 CREDD.
  8. Crunch

Crunch New Cupcake

I hope that NCSoft has three editions: Collectors (around $90) Deluxe Digital (around $75) and Standard ($60). The CE could include out-of-game stuff like figures, posters, etc. I only want in-game stuff and an authenticator, so I prefer a something like a Deluxe Digital Edition.

I also think that non-standard editions should not include anything that provides a player with any sort of non-cosmetic advantage. So no free mounts, no XP boosts, no speed boosts, no larger bags, no headstarts; nothing that gives a player willing to spend more cash any sort of advantage over less flush players. If NCSoft wants to continue to avoid the pay2win charge regarding Wildstar, they need to keep that stuff out of any editions of the game.

My ideal Deluxe Digital Edition of Wildstar includes the following, in order of my preference:

(1) Costs $75 or $80
    (2) The ability to download the game (at least 24 hours) before launch, create your characters before launch, and as a result, the ability to enter the game immediately when servers go live.
    (3) Authenticator (must have this)
    (4) Soundtrack
    (5) Name reservation
    (6) Option to purchase, using in-game currency, at the normal point in the game when everyone gets mounts, a unique Robotic Stemdragon Mount that can burrow like a real stemdragon and sounds like what a robotic version of a Stemdragon should sound like :)
    (7) Unique title

(8) A bed for the in-game house made from Loftite (loftbed hover-sleeping ftw) or an extra cosmetic-only plug for your house with a few free cosmetic items to plug into it (insert funny/fun/whacky plugs here)

I'd happily shell out the extra $15-$20 for a DE that included (1)-(3).
  9. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

that would be 8 CDs