1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What type of guild are you?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Azer, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Azer

Azer Cupcake

Organic

We leveled together. Decided to start a guild. Invited our friends. Now it's grown to 30 members. You be leader. No you be leader. I don't want to be leader. Running a guild is hard work.

Ambitious Upstart

I want to lead a guild. I want to have power. It will be the best guild ever. It will last 1000 years. I'm 13 and have no idea how to lead a guild, no clue how to motivate people, I have no experience, but through force of will I will succeed!!!

Cult of Personality

Our GM is amazing. He's a natural leader, he's been leading for years. It's a VP at Coca Cola. Well, until he quit the game and the entire guild disintegrated.

Spam Invite

You're level 4, haven't even finished the tutorial yet and you've gotten 73 guild invites. You finally accept one to see what's up. 4 of 112 players online. You look at the offline players. Half are named something like "MyServerIsDownLOL" the rest haven't been online in over 30 days. Nearly all are under level 15 except the guild master who is level 37. No one knows why guilds like this exist. Maybe they are trying to become a mass recruit guild one day.

Mass Recruit

Not to be confused with the Spam Invite Guild. Here you have to fill out an application. 100% of the applications are accepted, but you still have to do it. This guild is a tight knit unit of you and 684 of your closest friends. Your guild chat is more busy than the world channel and the average IQ is at least 30 points lower. For the most part grouping with guildies is worse than pugging, but there is that core group that knows what they're doing, they are mostly officers.

Splinter

What happens when the competent players of a mass recruit guild get sick of carrying the rest? They split off and form a new guild without all the dead weight.

Friends 'til the End

This guild has 4 members. They don't have voice comms because they are all in the same room. They are all either related or childhood friends. They want to merge with a mid size guild so they can raid. The merger almost always fails.

Built for purpose

Much like a splinter guild this guild is the hardest of the hard core from 2 or 3 large guilds. We have 40 members and we do 40 man raids. To get an invite you have to prove you don't need sleep. World firsts here we come!

Game Jumpers

We started in some game you never played, years before you were born. All the officers have jobs, most have kids. They are jealous of the new recruits who can play 16 hours a day.

Forum Warriors

I cant wait for this new game. I read the forums every day. My forum friends and I started a guild. Where is my beta key? Join us it's going to be awwwwesome! Well that's what we thought 'till launch day. Then after a month the highest level in the guild was 27. Turns out we like the idea of playing the game more than actually playing the game. I heard about a new game last week. I cant wait for it. I read the forums every day. Where is my beta key?

Role Play

Shall we headeth into a private channel so thou can remove they leggings my lady?

Seaguls

Yeah, that game sucked. We leveled to max in 3 days. We are the best at PVP. We owned all those noobs. I cant believe it took them a week to hit max level. After 4 days of total domination we got bored and quit that garbage game. No, dont be stupid, we won because of our skills so what if we were higher level and had better gear, that's not our fault.

Hardcore raiders

Yeah, I know it sucks being an alternate sitting in town for 8 hours hoping someone drops out of the raid and you can take their spot. At least you're earning DKP. When you finally get to raid you're guaranteed to get gear. No no no, the main tank doesn't have to worry about DKP, he's the most important person, if he dies we all wipe, so he gets all the best gear. Sooo... bad news: The main tank quit the game. After geting a full set of t8 gear he said he was bored and there was nothing to do. The healer and dps group leaders are bored and quit along with him. The guild is disbanding. Yes, that means your DKP is worthless.

Doge Roll

Wow ...such guild...very game...wow. The guild's name is a play on the name of a skill in game and a popular meme. I lol'd. That's enough reason to join. We're all between the ages of 13 and 15. Well except for the GM he's 47 and a registered something offender, whatever that means.

Standards are Everything

Our guild keeps standards high, we only recruit the best of the best. We have 19 members and we're in talks to merge with "Standards are almost everything" who has 23 members. Then we'll be able to do 40 man raids. The negotiations aren't going well because all the officers need to be officers in the new guild, but some people say 25 officers and 17 members is too many officers. We'll also have 2 co-GMs. Sooooo... the merger didn't work. 6 of our best members joined Splinter guild saying they want to raid.
  2. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Lone Wolf

Guilds? Ha, for chumps, I am the king of this server and I could 1v40 all of you. I made a guild charter and paid for signatures then kicked everyone else out. I'm so pro, even my guild name says so <im numbah 1> Don't even think you can get into my guild, unless you asked really politely..or at all..why is it so lonely out here..

Besides that xD, I dunno, I'm le floater, go to a guild that seems friendly.. then watch it melt into a pool of drama and internet-stds. Leave sometime before the guild leader implodes and play solo for awhile till I find more friendly people.
    Azer likes this.
  3. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

RE: RE: RE: RE: FWD: FWD: FWD: YOU LIKE EVERQUEST RIGHT???
  4. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I'm confused as to the point of this. Like all of those guild Archetypes sound bad and you haven't said which one you belong to :p
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If only you could put people and guilds in boxes so easily!
  6. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

This is hilarious and awesome lol lol
  7. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

8. Azer

Azer Cupcake

Well, since the game is unreleased, unless you're in beta it's going to be game jumpers or forum warriors for everyone here.

No point. I was just bored. I've just seen all of these things many, many times. Thought it would be funny.
  9. Ippo

Ippo New Cupcake

10. Xaine

Xaine Cupcake

I'm the confused looking one at the top right.
    Ceodoc likes this.
  11. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Please more :)
    Ceodoc likes this.