1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

What was the 'it' game in your life?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Corblock, Oct 14, 2013.

1. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Hard to pick one but if i have to say sports game category it has to be this one.

2. Giruvegan

Giruvegan New Cupcake

Sonic the hedgehog

man i miss those days
  3. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Unreal Tournament 1999. Greatest game ever made.

4. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

Oh God yes. What a wonderful game. I loved everything about Sonic.

Baldur's Gate was the first RPG I ever seriously played. I don't think there will ever be another Baldur's Gate.
  5. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

lineage 2, new server, grind like crazy to be at the top, then guild becomes a major power in the server with only 1 other major guild as a rival. Huge pvp fights and stealthy raid boss killings while being paranoid and hoping we dont get discovered.

ah those were the fun days
  6. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Good times indeed. Nothing can replace the old Lineage 2 to me.
  7. Blackfurball

Blackfurball Cupcake

1st Place - Ultima Online
    2nd Place - Counter Strike
    3rd Place - WoW

Those were the games that completely changed my life.
  8. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

1 - Everquest; didn't even level past 15 in the many years I played it as a little kid. Spent every day trying to explore the world and rolling new characters. Discovered so many secret places it was unreal.
    2 - Wild Arms for PSX
    3 - Tomba! for PSX
    4 - Kings Quest VI
    5 - Baldur's Gate

All pretty much tied. Man. I wish I could go back and relive the first times I got to play those before getting all jaded about video games. Haha.

Honorable mention: Maniac Mansion
  9. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
    There was/is (idk if it's still around) a game called "Nexus TK" I played this game back in like 98-1999 really really hardcore ( this was made in like 2008 so i guess it's still around), there weren't any raids yet in that time, this was basically a game controlled by the players. It was a fairly RP heavy game and players ran RP Subpaths and each of the 4 classes (I was a Rogue) had 3 subpaths but they had to be accepted into the subpath by other players.

Man I RP'd my butt off just to get into "The Kugoryo Spy Guild" KSG for short, there was maybe 15 people in the subpath and really only about 2 were active. Oh yeah, there were only about 100-200 people that played this game.

It still remains one of the highlights of my gaming career, even if nobody really has heard of this game and man I had a lot of fun with this game when I was a kid. I've still searched for games that had a similar style with how Players controlled things like being judges and elected and stuff and I never have found anything close. RP isn't the same in comparison so I don't even bother trying to rp anymore.

When I played that game, it was 8-BIT! It upgraded to 16bit shortly after lol