1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Whats the beef between Granok and Draken?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by SkubaStew, Jul 21, 2013.

1. SkubaStew

SkubaStew New Cupcake

Looking at each race it seems that there is "beef" between them and their counterpart.

Humans vs. Cassian : Seemed to be a civil wars of sorts and are kind of the leaders of each faction.

Aurin vs. Chua : Aurin love animals and the planets while Chua destroyed theirs and have a industrial mindset.

Mordesh vs. Mechari : They each have that CIA, spy wars going on. And the mordesh were almost recruited by the mechari but they declined so there is bad blood there.

So what is the beef between the granok and draken? (Btw I know my lore isn't completely accurate so please keep the discussion if you can about the draken and granok and not where I messed up :) )
  2. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

This has come up a lot. I think the rivalries are a touch different.

Human/Cassian: Both see in each other the worst in themselves.
    Aurin/Mechari: Nature-Lovers and a manufacture race of synthetic beings that exist outside of Nature.
    Mordesh/Chua: Insane Scientists experimenting and an Experiment that makes one insane.

For the Draken/Granok, though, I think it's far more simple. To the Draken, combat is honorable and filled with rules, even rules on how to "Cheat" and handle cheaters. For the Draken combat is a way of life. Violence is a sacrament. And any fight must honor your ancestors and appease the local spirits with the bravery and savagery of the combat. A race of people who's culture teaches that combat is a religious experience. And then there are the Granok, who fight for money and for pleasure. The very thought is anathema to the Draken. The idea of perverting the most sacred act into a financial transaction is a debacle and offense they cannot abide!

Or at least that is how I hope it goes down.

-Rachel-
    pondshaman, Chim and Yinello like this.
  3. Warslyfe

Warslyfe Cupcake

I don't know if there's beef so much as Draken like to hunt and Granok seem like they'd make good prey.

Like Predator vs Arnold.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Seriously, how hard do you want to make it for me.....aarrgghh the urges :cry: want to correct...lorewise....aarrgghhh

Well and here comes another option:

Human/Cassian: Both see in each other the worst in themselves.
    Draken/Granok: Warriors who wish to face off in battle, no talk! But fight!!! (or beer/blood)
    Aurin/Mechari: Nature-Lovers and a manufacture race of synthetic beings that exist outside of Nature.
    Mordesh/Chua: Insane Scientists experimenting and an Experiment that makes one insane.
    Aurin/Chua: Connected trough science, Aurin lead the university (not the correct name) for the Exiles.
    Mordresh/Mechari: Black Hoods vs ICI

Why should they only face-off vs 1 race? race vs race?

The Mechari/Chua/Aurin/Mordesh are all viable to face-off 2 of their counters parts from the other faction.

Mayby it's not so black and white that it will be 1 race vs 1 race.....;)
    [​IMG]

It's a 4-way relationship!!! (or hardship in this case :p)
  5. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

they like to both KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!<(>_<)>

i think thats the only reason

oh pardon my french
  6. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

I would have to agree with Extatica on this one, does not have to be so black and white. But on the flip side, we do know that the draken make up much of the dominion military might, and after the battle on Gnox, I'm sure many Granoks have fought their fair share of draken compared to the other Dominion races. A draken and granok probably then find themselves face to face more so than any other race, since granoks are mercenaries and draken lead the dominino military.
  7. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Maybe that's why at least one Granok fetishizes Draken...

-Rachel-
  8. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

wowowowowowowwwwwwwwwwww
  9. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty simple according to lore - both races were to be recruited for their soldiers. One race joined, one race didn't. Both factions now have a "soldier" race. They'll be fighting each other a lot :D I have tendency to provide lengthier responses.
  10. SkubaStew

SkubaStew New Cupcake

Yeah I guess them both being the brute force of each faction makes sense. I just really love the subplots of each race, I don't RP in ever but with this game the lore seems so fun I just might.

With the whole black and white thing I guess its more of I want a rival race if say my main is Granok :p
  11. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

The way I view it is that Draken vs Granok is the brutes that submitted vs the brutes that didn't