1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Where are all the RP guilds?

Discussion in 'Seeking Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Murais, May 6, 2014.

1. Murais

Murais New Cupcake

I know, I know. It's a generally disdained and unpopular approach to playing games. But a damn good RP server and RP guild has (in the past) changed a game from just being a place where I trap myself in a Skinner Box, to a living, breathing world where things, stories, and events are happening with or without me. That's a really good feeling, particularly when it comes to capital cities actually feeling *full* instead of everyone crowding around auction houses and banks.

That said, I've been on the lookout for an Exile RP guild for over a year now, and I've really only seen one. And while they look like a good group of people, who have their act together and will likely be an awesome bunch (and certainly commendable, because they've been there from like, day one as far as I can tell and seem to still be going strong), the stories and philosophies guiding their IC identity are not necessarily ones that I want to play. I have found, however, that my choices seem to be limited and I was wondering if any RP groups were gearing up for WildStar and wanting to recruit.
  2. Niliana

Niliana Cupcake

Hey Murais! :D

If you're not completely stuck on the idea of Exile, and if you're from the EU may I make a suggestion?

I'm the guild leader of Venus Rising. And I've been where you are. Been looking for a casual-all aspects guild that includes roleplaying. The search never brought up anything, well it did but they weren't exactly what I was looking for. So I created my own.

We pvp, we pve (hoping to hit 40 man raids eventually), and we have roleplaying events. We also have forum roleplay ongoing currently. And if you want to make your mark- now is the right time to join as we're just starting to gather more roleplayers and most of the time if you make an early appearance you can impact the guild plot lines and help shape them the way you want.

If you're not from EU though. It's a shame. I'm always looking for more roleplayers :)
    venusrising.shivtr.com
    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Niliana
  3. Zippo11

Zippo11 New Cupcake

4. Murais

Murais New Cupcake

Hi Niliana,

I am unfortunately not from the EU. I am on the PST portion of NA. I am also pretty dead-set on the Exiles (I don't much care for the Dominion's early areas). I do like the sound of your group, though. It is along the lines of what I am looking for in terms of guild mission statement/long-term goals. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me! If EU times weren't terribly inconvenient for me, I would consider joining up with your group.

I hope you get the members you're looking for.

- Murais
    Niliana likes this.
  5. Mike Vance

Mike Vance New Cupcake

You may have decent luck looking on the Wildstar Roleplayers site for an RP guild. We were just discussing this morning about how there seems to be a lack of guilds. People seem more focused on making circles and forming guilds with the exception of the Raiding groups.
  6. Dawnstar

Dawnstar New Cupcake

Alas, Wildstar-RP doesnt really have any EU guilds either. To the point where most ads just seem to assume everyone's American and dont state any timezone at all.

For the Exile side I found a grand total of one dedicated RP guild for EU (so not counting "jack of all trades" guilds who also cater to roleplayers),and that's a Merc guild.

We really do need more RP guilds. We really need them to get advertising, as well. Even including the American guilds, there arnt all that many.
    Last edited: May 13, 2014