1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Class Do You Think Will Be The Best In PVP!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by AlunaEclipse, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

The GM class! Unless they go the SWG route, once saw a GM take a PvP flagged Rebel into the main Imperial PvP city and get chained killed for about 15 mins - that GM was not a happy (or smart) bunny.
  2. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

TRUTH BROTHER!!!! TRUTH
  3. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

Well since there is no auto lock playing a range class is going to be very challenging for a lot of people. That being said that leaves the warrior and stalker. Since you can not be stun locked very easily as they say I think the warrior will be a very touch class to deal with. DPS or Tank
  4. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Rogue/stalker, however you call it. History of MMOs has proven that no company in existence ever managed to create a stealth class that would be balanced for pvp purposes. Its very mechanics/idea cannot balanced and it always turns out really weak or really strong and, since having a really weak class isn't a sound marketing move, they always allow them to be overpowered eventually.

You can never go wrong with choosing a stealth class if PVP is your goal.
    Psistorm likes this.
  5. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Bladestorm? Check
    Deathgrip? Check.
    Megaman armcannon? Check.
    Charge-jump which stuns? Check.

Yup. Warrior. Since CC won't be that strong I guess the Stealthclass (Stalker) will have a hard time with them. I guess they'll easily get rid of casters and ranged chars as they probably can keep up easily (or not).

Stalker vs Warrior will probably be THE fight. Either that or...

...Or we'll have the re-arise of the fr(OP)ost mage. Don't. Please.
    Chomag likes this.
  6. Chomag

Ugh. In single player games I always play the heavily armored guy with a big 2hander but in MMOs...not really. Just like the stealth class always being OP, the 2handed warrior archetype ends up UP. Just look at all MMOs:
    - WoW: balanced in vanilla, slightly OP in TBC, then each expansion being OP at the beginning and then gradually being nerfed to <REDACTED>
    - Rift: always UP unless having healing support. The good spec was actually the sword&board riftblade/paladin spec for quite a bit until I quit, which was actually more like an enhancement shaman in plate. I dunno how it goes nowadays.
    - TERA: the berserker (2handed plate wearer) was actually bad since day 1.
    - Neverwinter. The 2handed warrior is bad not only for pvp but seems to have issue questing too.

I'm sorry but even though I too like warriors, MMO devs seem to have a hardon on keeping these guys down or maybe, just like stealthers, they just can't be balanced.
    Malorak likes this.
  7. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I guess...I just hope every class will be slightly balanced...Games can't be balanced if there's more than 1 option for doing stuff which you need to choose.

But as said before: w/o tab targetting ranged classes will have a hard time...Or not, depends.
  8. Danny Nielsen

Danny Nielsen Cupcake

Made me laugh, good fun there :) but my 250 AB$ will be on the spellslinger :)
  9. Praiz

Praiz Cupcake-About-Town

Confirmed!
  10. Talksin

Talksin Cupcake

stalker.
  11. Chomag

Stealth classes. Best defenses (stealth and stuns) which are usually complemented by high burst damage.

Even if you fail at killing something at 1st attempt, you can usually run away, hide and attack him when he has mobs on him or is weakened.
  12. Woody

Woody New Cupcake

Me. playing any class. Skill > class
  13. Riamu

Riamu Cupcake

Warrior 'nuff said.
  14. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

Mages of course like in any other mmo. :p
  15. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

I think if you manage to tune down the initial burst damage a little, it becomes easier to balance, as an agile class with less downtime, but also more sustained damage over pure burst. Maybe the stalker's resource system can be used to avoid chaining burst abilities, so while they can pack a nice punch opening up, they will be more of a dexterous warrior afterward, who relies on movement a bit more than other melee.
    A rogue can work out, it doesn't necessarily have to be a 1hko stealth monster
  16. Jonathan Fortin

Jonathan Fortin New Cupcake

Generally a class who has access to heals is pretty strong in PvP, especially if they also have CC and range. I would expect the Spellslinger and Esper to be pretty good.

Of course in a duel a high burst class would probably be better, but the OP didn't specify 1v1 or group play.
  17. Lekore

Lekore New Cupcake

Just going by what is getting hit with the nerf bat in the patch notes i'd say spellslingers are pwning on an epic level atm
  18. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

In a perfect world each class will have its strengths and weaknesses that can be capitalized on by the skilled players. In a nightmare like Wrath of the Lich King when first released- Death Knights will exist and you'll see PvP dominated by this type. At the moment with limited knowledge at our disposal this really is a hard question. My first guess would be the stalker as 'rogue' ...lets think back to vanilla wow days when stunlock full to dead was a task easy to carry out and a naked rogue could solo a full raid gear lvl60 without taking damage. (look it up I'm not lying)
  19. Xander de Rooy

Xander de Rooy New Cupcake

The most OP class will be a fluffy small dog able to go over 9000 deeps and calls himself the destroyer of worlds!
  20. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

If I had to guess now, in order.
    Stalker
    Esper
    Warrior
    Spellslinger