1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Class Do You Think Will Be The Best In PVP!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by AlunaEclipse, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Xiones

Xiones Cupcake

I'd have to guess Spellslinger cause they play like Priests and priest do crazy damage. :3
  2. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

See the thing is you have guys who worked on WOW and remember the OP rogue days. On top of that from what I've seen the Stalker doesn't have many stuns. (Granted that could change) Plus we have the whole break out system which will less the time of stuns.

That's why I just don't see them making the Stalker OP right from the start if anything I believe they will make the Stalker the hardest class to play because of how deadly a stealth class can be.
  3. okccshell

okccshell Cupcake-About-Town

Esper for my main, warrior as an alt. I know those are kind of extremes, but heals and tanks are just amazing. I know spellslinger will have some healing abilities, but the class doesn't have as much appeal to me. :)
  4. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

The 'skilled player' class ;)
  5. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

It is entirely possible that the stalker will be weak from the start and to be honest, a stealth class should be weak if it has such a strength as stealth- but, of course it should be able to overcome these weaknesses given time (for raid bosses) or skill (pvp). If you also remember Warlocks from vanilla wow you remember them being utterly worthless from the start. I don't think we'll run into this scenario as every game maker seems to have a rough idea on how to make a mmo class now- at least it seems like that. Though- if anything I could see most of the classes feeling "weak" but, if all of them are "weak" that just means the game will be a little more challenging and balanced.
  6. Dayno

Dayno New Cupcake

I really hope that one class isn't more powered than another too. Otherwise people would just use the best class for PvP.
  7. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

Your avatar is so cute omg I can't get over it!
  8. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

9. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Spellslinger's can switch positions with other players. Spellslinger will be my main. Spellslinger will get nerfed :(
  10. Vhael

Vhael Cupcake

Following recent MMO trends, everything will be OP. PvP will likely be a team experience, yet people will try and Rambo the battlefield, crying OP when their counter classes are incredibly difficult to defeat. There will be one class that most will consider to be the overall weakest in PvP (generally a class that does not bring enough burst DPS/healing), and even if it's only weaker than the next class by a very small margin, the majority will claim it to be completely worthless and in need of a total revamp in order to be viable.

Warriors will cry that ranged classes that can kite them are OP. These ranged classes performing said kiting will be crying that Stalkers that are able to ambush and burst them down are OP. Every DPS player (which will be the majority of PvPers) that is ever unable to solo another player while they have a healer on them will cry that healers are OP. Stalkers will either have enough damage output to burst down Warriors, thus making Warrior that underpowered class everyone cries about, or Warrior survivability will be able to outlast the Stalker's alpha strikes, leading to Stalkers crying that Warrior is OP. In this case where Warrior can indeed counter Stalker, the healer that is able to provide better burst healing and/or stronger PvP buffs will be considered the better of the healing classes, making the other healer the token weak class that is worthless and needs a revamp, regardless of the classes' viability.

There may be some things I am missing, but I am pretty sure that will be the gist of it.
    eselle8 likes this.
  11. LethalConcept

LethalConcept New Cupcake

As far as i can tell, i dont think a single class will be the most OP in pvp just based of whats known currently. From what i can tell, there is no spike damage combination for any class that is designed to burst from 100-0 in a matter of seconds, even stalkers have to manage their resource, their damage output maybe higher, but its not a massive spike to 100-0 something from what i can tell.

CC will also play a major factor, interrupting certain skills will be favourable, therefore a class having attacks that are at least above average damage with some CC effect will be huge. Tied onto this are CC breakers, displacement spells and ease of usability (which in term determines skill ceiling). Since no class has everything, what im going to guess is the most optimal setup is actually a 2-man squad of something like Esper-Spellslinger could probably take on any other 2man setup, but no one class will outright beat another class
  12. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

Every Class will hopefully be just as valid as any other class. There should not be a class that is the BEST whatever you do.
    Of course balancing is always something that is hard to do but every class should be valid to be played in PvP, be it small or big scale.
    frogbound likes this.
  13. frogbound

frogbound New Cupcake

I hope that a fair level of balance will be achieved and every class has it's proper place so there will be no whining or rerolling to specific class/race/path combos because they are simply better.
  14. faceman

faceman New Cupcake

SS is like mage : frostbolt, arcane barrage , cone of frost :)

Big hope that not gonne be a BEST class, balance plz balance...
  15. Vhael

Vhael Cupcake

Perfect balancing is not only difficult, it is impossible. In an ideal world, every class can be just as valid as the next option. In a less perfect world, AKA the one we live in, it is impossible to make every option just as valid as the next unless every option is exactly the same. The more options there are, the larger discrepancies become regarding balance.

No matter what game, if it has multiple options there will always be some that are better and there will be some that are not as good. This is why any game will always have cookie-cutter builds, optimized team structures, tier lists, flavors of the month, etc.. There has never been a game that has had both varying choices and balance. Balancing can be "good enough", but as long as there are options, there will be a best option and there will be a worst option. One can play the worst option and still be viable, but they will still be disadvantaged compared to the better options.
  16. Xiones

Xiones Cupcake

They said all classes wil be balanced. Maybe not at launch, but they will fix it if it isn't at launch. :p
  17. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

As a healer, as long as I will be able to out heal people attacking me. I've always found more enjoyment out of standing there healing through people trying to kill me, than trying to kill them. The longer I can outlast them, the more frustrated they get. :)
  18. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

With fewer classes, limited action sets, and a high skill cap associated with the combat style, I'd hope they could balance their game better than most others. Some games like wow suffer from action bar bloat, and classes that need revamp competing with those that have had one.
  19. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

Yes of course you are right with that. I kinda rather meant that there will hopefully not be a class that has absolutly no place in PvP, be it Small/Medium/Big Scale. I know of MMO's where some classes are simply not even worth to try in current Metas. There will always be classes/builds that are "better" then others but can still be beaten when simply playing better.
  20. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

You probably won't be doing a lot of standing around. :p It'll be a mix of outhealing and being very slippery I think and hard to pin down. Since this game is more actiony and all.