1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Class Do You Think Will Be The Best In PVP!

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by AlunaEclipse, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

Well ya, I'll have to move around with how Wildstar mechanics are. But still, just healing through an attempted beat down, some of the funnest moments I've had in PvP.
    Leiloni likes this.
  2. Dracor

Dracor New Cupcake

Hopefully we don't get another out of stealth burst fiasco like WoW and TOR had at release. The PvP lead that was in a recent PvP skype chat with some DAoC guys that I can't quit remember the names of said the PvP was meant to be quite a lot slower, and therefore actively skill based compared to most combat you see in other games these days.

That alone makes me hopeful of some good general balance across the classes.
    Edouard Seryozhenkov likes this.
  3. Lipgloss

Lipgloss New Cupcake

Without being in BETA there is no way to know for certain. BUT with a system that does not allow for much CC (stun lock), and where killing someone takes 20-30sec with them just standing there (Dev stated 30sec in an interview), I would assume Hybrid healers will dominate 1v1 and 2v2 scenarios with equally skilled users.

This is assuming both parties are top tier, great at movement and landing their skill shots. With the lack of lock-down CC, and a relatively long kill time, unless mana/resource pools are very hard to maintain (easily OOMED healers) I can't see how a Hybrid healer would lose to a non healing class. (3v3 and larger is all up in the air)

At the end of the day, nothing will ever be perfectly balanced, and "the OP" will change on a monthly basis (they plan to patch new content every month), so play the class that lends to your play-style and rise above adversity. Personally, I love DOMing with the gimp class :D.
  4. Dracor

Dracor New Cupcake

In that same interview they did say that at the current levels pocket heals are incredibly powerful, but you have to remember unlike WoW their no spell damage and healing stat. At higher levels it's going to get harder and harder to balance support and assault power while still doing a meaningful amount of each.