1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Class Has These Aspects?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Milky Way, May 8, 2014.

1. Milky Way

Milky Way New Cupcake

If anyone has a lot of knowledge with class abilities...
    I am wanting to become a healer with as many of these as possible in order of importance:
    1. Area Control
    2. Mobility
    3. Shields
    4. Heal Over Time
    From what I've been hearing and reading Area damage and Area control is given to all classes because of their little area indicators on the ground. I believe there won't be any single-target aspects, but I could be wrong. Heal Over Time abilities might be given to the Medic but I could be wrong. Shields and Mobility are for Spellslinger. Esper seems to be the power-house of heals.

I am wondering which class of Esper, Spellsinger, and Medic has Area Control and Mobility with Shields and Heal Over Time second?

If anyone is wanting to group up I'll be online hopefully around 9 PM PST tonight (May 8th). Might be a little earlier, but I have tomorrow off!
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

1. Area control

Crowd controls are kind of something everyone has in forms of snares, roots. Then there are stuns and interrupts. I guess the class with the most would be the engineer? One of their main attacks snares, but so do a lot of other classes.

2. Mobility

The most mobile class with the least amount of rooting abilities is the Medic. Espers are the least mobile.

3. Shields

Everyone can wear a 'shield'. Keep in mind the difference between 'shield' and 'absorption shield'. Absorb shields completely block damage until they are gone. Spellslingers and Espers have an ability that will grant absorb shield. Medics are the best class for restoring shields. They are very, very good at keeping them up. Regular shields will block a percent of damage, but some damage will get through to health.

4. Heal over Time

Every class has a heal over time ability of some kind (medics, spellslingers, espers). However, Espers probably have the most.

Keep in mind that there are some targeted abilities. Mostly they are healing abilities and the Esper has the most targeted heals.

I think you will enjoy the Medic the most. They have the mobility you are looking for. Their telegraphs consist mostly of wide cones, but shorter range than a spellslinger or esper. Their probes provide them a heal over time. They also have the unique ability to restore shields.

The downside to the medic is the shorter range of their telegraphs. It's easy for you to heal the tank, but DPS have to be responsible enough not to run away from you when they need healing.
  3. Milky Way

Milky Way New Cupcake

Everyone has area control. Got it. What about mobility? I've been told that Spellslinger has the most mobility but you say it's Medic. I looked it up and Medics have a 20m front jump with swiftness and a 5m back jump snaring. I'm probably making a Chua Medic Explorer. Settler was a bit of a hassle and boring since all they do is creating little stations are designated city-spots. Settler abilities also are pretty boring and only for convenience. Explorer has a pause-falling ability, and a teleport back to original spot ability.
  4. Domi Dayglow

"Jumpback" and "Gate" abilities have a cooldown. A number of the spellslinger attacks (Like charged shot or Rapid fire or arcane missiles) are stationary. However there's a caveat. Like charged shot has three 'charge stages'. You can tap it to fire off a shot, but it does a lot more damage if you want still and charge it up to full. Which is why people use gate to stun their target, then charge up their attack for large damage.

Anyway. Of the spellslingers 10 attack abilities, three are stationary I believe. Pretty much all of the medic abilities are mobile without a root. With that in mind the medic is more mobile. Though the spellslinger as a much greater range. The spellslinger does have more 'utility abilities' that change your position. Like gate, phase shift, and spatial shift. The tier 4 of the spellslinger's builder also grants them swiftness. But, that swiftness is kind of moot if you decide to stand still to fully charge up a high damage charged shot ability.

I tried Settler, but kind of did not like all of the constant collecting of resources. So far scientist and explorer have been my most favorite. Scientist (and soldier) have a kind of summon group ability. And scientists can open a portal back to home city.
  5. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Don't forget that tier 4 charged shot makes the ability able to be cast while moving.

So between the slinger and medic, slinger has longer range but tighter telegraphs and light armor while medics have shorter but wider telegraphs with medium armor. Slingers have some pretty good utility and damage with some survivability froms heals while medics have a bit more survivability but need to be much closer to their targets.

I've been playing both in pvp over the beta weekends. Medics are pretty boss at those lower levels (even without heals, well, besides the on crit damage and heal ability) with great burst and can take a beating. Slingers can pump out a lot of damage but have to played a little bit more kitey. Both are great fun.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Oh I forgot that!

I need to stop playing with my esper and go back to my spellslinger before beta ends.