1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race do you least prefer?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by mysticjbyrd, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Which race do you least prefer?

1. Human

36 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Cassian

13 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. Granok

43 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Draken

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. Aurin

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  6. Mechari

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  7. Coming Soon

26 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. mysticjbyrd

mysticjbyrd Cupcake-About-Town

People love to make alts, and at the same time people enjoy variey. So in most cases people will play a character of each race within a game. However, there is always one race that people tend to shun. It seems everyone has a specific race they can't stand for whatever reason, whether it be graphics or lore. This race will be chosen last, or not at all.

For me that race is the Draken. I just can't get past those goofy goat horns. They look like some kind of cartoon satyr (Which I also don't like).

My favorite race is a bit more tough to narrow down. I like Human Aurin and Cassian. My class will likely be spellslinger, regardless of what the other two are. Gun magic is an awesome concept you don't really see outside of a few anime.
  2. CaptainYoul

CaptainYoul Cupcake-About-Town

I voted for aurin, because it seems everyone loves them...

let me feed off your tears!!
    SammyPo likes this.
  3. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

Aurin, simply because they're a creepy fetish race little better than the pedo girls in Tera.
  4. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I voted for the coming soon, and maybe for a different reason!
    I hate not knowing what all the classes are?
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Aurin for being comunistic bunny hoppers :D
  6. Dende

Dende Cupcake

Human/cassian/chua

i guess gnome/human too much in wow. i definatly dont want to play such models again !
  7. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Draken, been there done that didn't like it the first time.
  8. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

The Chua :sneaky:
  9. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

To be fair, Human should just be Cassian, seeing as how exile 'humans' are just exiled cassians.. but I digress.

I only hate human's because they are the end-all be all do-it-all race.

And i'm sick of that. We may be good at alot of things, but we shouldn't be allowed to do everything in an MMO.
    Cowboy and Witless like this.
  10. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Granok.

Too big + Normalized movement speed = Gahh!

Gahh! + Stocky short legs = GAHHHHH!
    Zadok likes this.
  11. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Probably the Aurin. I've held out hope for more variance, but it looks like they're all doomed to be a combination of cutesy and sexy that just doesn't work for me. Mechari don't interest me that much, but I don't dislike them, and I like most of the other races.
    Apostate likes this.
  12. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Aurin. They're designed well, they're just designed for a kind of taste that holds no appeal to me whatsoever. I can imagine myself at least trying every other race in the game once.
  13. Vulgork

Vulgork Cupcake

Aurin because they just look like humans with ears and aliens are unlikely to look like that.
  14. Ulfur

Ulfur Cupcake

While I hate none of the races the one I like the least is the Draken for no particular reason just made a list and they wound up on the bottom. I'll also make use of this to like the Chua. I hated Gnomes in WoW but the Chua remind me of the 4 hamsters and 1 Guinea Pig I had as pets throughout my life so I can't hate them.
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

Exactly my thoughts, I have never understood animal fetishes. Other than that Aurin aren't too bad.

OT, Mechari only because they are too big to big a stalker imo. However I do like Mechari a lot but I wont be playing one as my main because I like smaller races for stealth classes (not too small).
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Granok. Very bland looking, dull, and uninteresting race. Close second could very well be the chua or the unrevealed Exiles race.

On another note, it seems like the aurin are both an incredibly popular race and the most despised race as well. They must be the Justin Biebers of Wildstar! Draken are up in 3rd too. : /

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE MY PEOPLE!?!?!?
    What do most people mean when saying aurin are a fetish race? I hear that a lot and it makes me think there is this massive population of people sexually aroused by animals or characters that specifically have animalistic physical traits, implying that it is the animal characteristics in particular that are causing the arousal in these people. However, I'm not sure if I understand what most people mean by that sentiment.
    Ashardalon likes this.
  17. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

That's pretty much what people mean. There's a fairly prevalent internet subculture devoted to that fetish. I don't think the Aurin are actually intended to cater to it so much as people that go in for all the "kawaii neko" stuff (whatever overlap there may be between the two groups, they're separate entities), but that's how most people view it.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I can understand that. Although it'll probably get annoying being called something that I'm not simply because I enjoy playing aurin, knowing how people have a tendency to generalize.

Playing draken alts probably won't help my cause either. >_>
  19. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

Granok, I don't see me playing on of those. I know I will play an Alter on the dominion and I'm sure it will be a Human or a maybe the secret 4th race if cool enough
  20. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

I can understand why people came to that conclusion, though I don't think it's entirely a fair one. Even though I don't like the character model myself, I think it has a fairly broad appeal, and the people I know who are planning on playing the race are the sort of people who generally like cute, colorful things. Unlike some other races with a fetish stereotype, I think we'll end up seeing a decent number of women playing Aurin - and that includes both male and female characters.