1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race do you least prefer?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by mysticjbyrd, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Which race do you least prefer?

1. Human

36 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Cassian

13 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. Granok

43 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Draken

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. Aurin

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  6. Mechari

20 vote(s)
    9.9%
  7. Coming Soon

26 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. jackashflash

jackashflash Cupcake-About-Town

What is with all the self loathing? You people are human!

I don't understand that. You can't open the door and kick social rules out the door one minute, and then defend them the next. If watching nude little girls is socially acceptable, then why not being aroused by it? Heck, one is actually a natural response you might not even have control over. But the one that we do have control over is deemed acceptable, whilst the other is not? If anything that should be reversed.
  2. Ulfur

Ulfur Cupcake

Being Human sucks and not just the syfy show. All the other revealed races are better.
    Witless likes this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Well if that's your interpretation of what I said, I can understand your confusion. However, if you're actually interested in following around to observe nude pre-adolescent girls, that hints at a bigger problem. The point is how you react to what's being seen.

For me it just makes no sense that it's only okay for older people to be naked if that is fact okay. If it's because people are perverts, then I should warn you that there's plenty of perverts that are plenty aroused by adult nude bodies as others are to nude kids. The problem is the perverts for having self-control issues, not the people being nude. Age should be irrelevant.
  4. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Blah, blah, blah.

You have a rock prejudice, admit it!

On a more serious note, I am always amazed how well Humans do in these types of polls. Umm, aren't we all humans (well most, not sure about Blindsear)? Isn't it boring to play one in a game? Hell I'd rather be an Elf and I hate Elves.

Go Granok!!
  5. Xlugon Pyro

I like rocks, but your standard rock isn't that interesting. Bunnies, lizards, robots, rats, and zombies are all more interesting than rocks.

Humans don't appeal to the special snowflake inside all of us. Maybe it's because we're all already human and playing as your own species isn't anything new. Playing as a horny lizardman, however? Nobody is that IRL! It makes you cool! You're special! You're a snowflake! Avoid the sun and hot areas such as ovens.
  6. jackashflash

I am pretty shocked there is so much hate for the aurin.
  7. Ulfur

Ulfur Cupcake

Aurin are the closest thing to elves we have to hate on.
    Ribak likes this.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Aurin are supposedly a draw for furries/pedos/bad RPers so everyone likes to hate on and avoid "whatever the baddies are". Nobody wants to be associated with said groups and unfortunately the aurin are both widely loved and widely hated. They're Wildstar's Justin Bieber.
  9. jackashflash

Justin Bieber, now I hate them...
  10. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

If I could vote for both HUman AND Cassian I would. I never, NOT EVER, make a human character when given other options.
    Trigger likes this.
  11. Krakuun

Krakuun Cupcake

I used to think it was Mechari for me, but the more I learn about each of the races, the more I like all of them, so it's tough to realistically pick a "prefer least" for me now! Picking one to play is also getting harder..
  12. Iamaom

Iamaom New Cupcake

Aren't human and cassian the same thing? Anyways, My vote goes to the Granok, they seem the most boring and lack any real personality.
  13. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Probably will depend on the situation. I mean, I don't care for the Chua, but they're most likely great for rolling up into a ball and punting them :).
  14. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

Humans/Cassians. Truth be told, all the races look very close to human, not just Aurin. But I usually try to be the least human like race in the games I play. I, too, don't like being the same thing that I am in real life.
  15. Lucker McNoob

Lucker McNoob Cupcake

My hippie answer is that I like all the races and will truly enjoy to enter a world filled with lots of different races for different kinds of people! I tend to dislike mmo's where you can only play one or two races.

That said I voted human because they (and cassian) are a race I will not play myself. Same reason as everyone else - I am one in real life (sort of).

Also I dislike huge characters so Granok, Mechari and Draken are close second choices.
  16. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

Mechari - Least Desirable in my Opinion, Agent Voxine helped a little. never been a big robot fan, but that's just me.
  17. Ergilion

Ergilion Cupcake

Humans.

Mainly for the reason because EVERY other game has them so why not play an alien for a change? ;)
  18. skellyfreed

skellyfreed New Cupcake

Granok! Idk why but I find the idea of a rock people so random.
  19. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Any kind of human. Too cliché.

I mean, it's a fantasy game, why try to be normal?
  20. The Big Q

The Big Q Cupcake

I mean exile humans are boring. They have too much of the space-America theme going on. But I'm all about Cassians, they have that 1% swag going on. It's too good.

As for the Aurin some people hate on them because they are a plug for the furries. (People love to hate furries). Personally, I just see them as bunny-elves. And I can't deal with that. I've never really liked elves. Except for like 4e style eladrin (think more fey less wood elf). They were kinda cool I guess.
    Xalon likes this.