1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race facinates you the most?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Caedos, Feb 13, 2013.

?

What race will you be playing?

1. Human

9.5%
  2. Granok

8.3%
  3. Aurin

30.8%
  4. Cassian

11.1%
  5. Draken

16.6%
  6. Mechari

23.7%
  1. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

hhm I think i'll make a mechari or a male aurin...its kinda 50/50
    how cool would a male aurin be as a stalker though?

and is it me or does wildstar have some devs from insomniac on their team? this game design and humor reminds me of spyro the dragon alot
  2. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

I've wondered the same thing, the players housing trailer reminds me of ratchet and clank. The faction trailers remind me of the jak and daxter series though. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people from Naughty Dog and Insomniac.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It's tough! While the Aurin and Draken are completely different culturally, I like the more bestial/animalistic nature that they both have about them. Draken appeal to my "let's destroy everything like a baws" side while the Aurin appeal to my "nature is the shiznapple" side.

However I have a much stronger connection to the Exiles than I do the Dominion so the Aurin therefore are my top choice for the time being.
  4. Chaozkekx

Chaozkekx New Cupcake

At some point I will probably have an alt for every race. But my main will definately be a mechari , 9ft badass robot spy build by a godlike race is just too tempting to not take it.
    Also it really seems like robots vs furries , I hope the litte furballs on the dominion side and the exile space zombies can balance that a bit. Even though robots vs furries sounds like a fun scenario in battlegrounds.
  5. FlameStick

FlameStick New Cupcake

Chua! :D

Mad Scientist Critters? Damn badass..
    Huffle Puff likes this.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I bet they taste good on the grill caked in barbecue sauce...
  7. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

I don't like this poll. There is no "ALL OF THEM" option. :sneaky:

Well... I guess if I must choose one, I'd choose the Aurin. :)
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  8. quivers

quivers Cupcake

the 4th exile one since its unreleased so i know nothing about them other then community speculation
  9. Roa

Roa Cupcake

Mechari

I wanna know what makes them tick

Their sentient beings now, uh well just following orders my the Eldan I suppose..
  10. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

Chua would be my first choice if they are indeed the 4th Dominion race. Otherwise Mechari (even though they currently they don't have a healing class :( )
  11. Laine

Laine New Cupcake

Female Draken, I liked the race as soon as I saw them. I like Mechari as well, the one Carbine has pictured next to their race description reminds me of Samus, even though it's a male.
  12. murkin

murkin New Cupcake

I'm torn slightly between Draken and Cassian. At the moment I'm leaning toward the Draken. Will be playing a Stalker. I could see myself playing the Warrior though.
  13. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Really tough call between furries and robots but the faction options obligate me to play Aurin and put those dominion scum to their place in the shame corner!

And with the power of my almighty purple ears and the Great Tail of Fluffiness, I'll reprogram a mechari to work as my double agent to fight the dominion from the inside! (on a different server ofc because of the pvp server limitations...)
  14. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

It's close between the Mechari and the Draken but I will say the Mechari because I am not sure if the Mechari are truly loyal to the Dominion or the Eldan. I think that their individual story will be more interesting then the other races of the game because of that. Since the Mechari would were by the eldan themselves those Mechari may be as old as the Dominion itself.

The Draken are also interesting because of their own person culture and hierarchy. Knowing what the different clans are, who the clan leaders are, which clans are the most powerful, how many clans there are, which clans server which clan, what are the traits of each clan, how the clans interact with each other, and the different clans attitudes towards other races.

All that said I still pick the Mechari because of their relation to the eldan and the emperor.
  15. cirk

cirk Cupcake

Mechari obviously. What is the motivation of an advanced immortal machine race? And who knows what devious plans the elden taught them they are not telling anyone. Every other race so far are lame biologicals food, sleep, sex and megalomania how boring..
  16. Talosmight

Talosmight New Cupcake

Definitely going to try all of them at some point, they are all just so cool and unique. However my main will be a human spellslinger healer. Then my first alt will be an aurin esper dps. After that I'ma play whatever I feel like playing most.
  17. Vargas

Vargas New Cupcake

18. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

I really like the fact the Granok are incredibly Tribal and fairly Low-Tech, run into a VERY high Tech civilization [The Dominion], steal their technology (launching their civilization into the 'space age'), and for it, get themselves exiled due to a cultural/religious technophobia (or stalwartness depending on your opinion!)

Its a very cool dynamic I haven't really seen in other game/mmo's, and it has certainly peaked my interest!
  19. Startasia

Startasia New Cupcake

Aurin and Draken are my favs... but cuz i cant pick both I went with the cuter of the two. But I will have one of each :p
  20. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

Ok... I am having a conflict of interest. The title says 'Which Race Fascinates You The Most?', but the poll is on which race I will play. Well, I voted Cassian, as my main is pretty much already planned out, but it isn't the Cassians that fascinate me the most, but rather the Mechari. :p