1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race facinates you the most?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Caedos, Feb 13, 2013.

?

What race will you be playing?

1. Human

9.5%
  2. Granok

8.3%
  3. Aurin

30.8%
  4. Cassian

11.1%
  5. Draken

16.6%
  6. Mechari

23.7%
  1. Riuuki

Riuuki Cupcake

Aurins have tails. We like tails.

Drakens also have tails but they have horns, not bunny ears.

Aurins have tails AND bunny ears.
  2. Shimitsu

Shimitsu New Cupcake

The "Coming Soon" race looks intriguing. That fat, black silhouette with skinny legs... oh yeah!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

LOL

That's a silhouette of Phineas T. Protostar in case you didn't know. Still funny though.

The draken are starting to interest me more and more. If the Dominion continues to be the less populated faction, I might jump. The draken are the one race (except maybe chua too but nothing's out on them) that has no great bond or interest in the Dominion's goals; they just happen to be affiliated with them. Kind of like the blood elves and Forsaken to the Horde. I hate the Dominion's philosophy with a passion, but I could tolerate it if I play a draken that's only in it for the sport and couldn't give a damn about either faction or the bureaucracies and laws of either.

It's kind of how I roleplayed my draenei in WoW. No super strong ties to the Alliance but following a self-determined or higher moral agenda instead.
  4. EchoRings

EchoRings New Cupcake

The Mechari interest me the most. Sentient robots have always interest me. Partly because of this notion that they feel. They understand pain and can comprehend emotions like fear and sadness, yet they seem to just be a mangle of wires and circuits. The other part is the cool looking design.
    Are they built with it or did they develop this consciousness over time? Are they built with a purpose in mind or are they created on the whims of another Mechari? How are they created? Are they built by Cassins or do they handle their own creation in order to keep their inner workings a secret? Also how do their communities work? Do they truly have communities with families units or do they operate differently? Do they mingle Cassins often? Or are they a rare sights?
    Then there is their position in society. Where they act as the intelligence gatherers and maintain secrets. I view them as like a hidden class. They aren't as high up their as the Luminai, who would view them as tools. Yet are they higher than regular Cassins or is their position held only within the ICI? How they treated like really smart furniture or do they get respect?
    Cottonspore likes this.
  5. Alekander

Alekander Steam-Powered

Cassian for now, though that's likely to change.

The Dominion in general amuses me.
  6. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

I love the Aurin and the Draken the most. They're like two sides of the same coin, too, since they both serve as the "mystical" race for each faction, which is pretty cool. I love their animations, colors, and character customization. And they're both the most fun to draw!

But in spite of all that, I'm maining a Cassian. So weird....
  7. Nezk

Nezk Cupcake

8. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

Mechari because they remind me of General Grievous from Star Wars.

But I will say im amazed at how interested I have become in the human race thanks to Carbine. They have made Cassians very appealing to me even though I rarely play humans.
  9. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

The Granok! They're like the exiles of the exiles. They fought the dominion, they won, and then their own people cast them out. What a <REDACTED>ty situation to be given and thats just the kind of people I want to play as.
  10. Melon

Melon New Cupcake

For me it's Aurin for the exiles and Cassian for the other. I didn't read the lore yet but I always liked races that can have tails/ears. I should read the lore now since I have some free time :D
  11. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

I'm looking forward to seeing the Draken. The videos make them appear to be very primal, I'd love to see if there's some culture and intelligence in there somewhere.