1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which race facinates you the most?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Caedos, Feb 13, 2013.

?

What race will you be playing?

1. Human

9.5%
  2. Granok

8.3%
  3. Aurin

30.8%
  4. Cassian

11.1%
  5. Draken

16.6%
  6. Mechari

23.7%
  1. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

The "Protectors of Nature" aspect of Aurin intrigues me, considering that this isn't the typical high fantasy setting like in other games. I look forward to seeing how they play this out in a Sci-Fi setting.
  2. Epic

Epic New Cupcake

Well I really want to try tanking in this game. I'm normally a DPS with a little bit of healing in SWTOR, so I'd like to try a different role. If Exile I'll probably be a Granok, and Dominion a Mechari. Althought Mechari seem like they are super popular and might be slightly overpopulated so we'll see. I'm just going to wait until Beta to play around and decide which race/faction.
  3. Squids

Squids New Cupcake

I'm torn between Granok and draken, I'm still unsure about class also. I want to wait untill the last two classes are released. OH and look what I came across while looking at baby names (my wife is pregnant!) I thought this was interesting. http://www.justmommies.com/baby-names/origin/celtic/1 it's number 49 on the list.

Name: Cassian
    Meaning: warrior for the king
    Origin: Celtic
    Laine, Malorak and Lumzk like this.
  4. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Watching lots of Star Trek and playing games like Mass Effect have really won me over towards humans. I used to stay away from them because, well I'm a human. Now I want to be human in games for the same reason I used to avoid them. :D
  5. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Well, most of the races seem very interesting but I'm very interested in the Mechari.

They seem like they've got the closest relation to the Eldan - Well, they do. They've been BUILT by them.

Could make for some interesting lore :)
  6. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Its funny the race I am most interested in is the one I'm least likely to play namely the Mechari. Its like a child being abandoned with only a small hint as to who the parent is. Though there more pressing issues as why they abandon us :(
  7. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

The race I'm most interested in isn't the one I'm playing. As a lore fan, I'm most interested in the Mechari. They're just too much of a mystery for them not to be. Mostly because of their ties to the Eldan- why did the Eldan make and then abandon them? What are their plans for them? I'm very curious about the Eldan, and the Mechari's ties to them make them very interesting, even if I won't be playing them (apart from my Dominion alt).

I plan to play an Aurin. I always choose the race with close ties to nature- played a Night Elf Druid in WoW for far longer than any other game character.
  8. Auxiliary

Auxiliary Cupcake

I am leaning towards Aurin or Draken, but I am fairly certain female Granok are going to be the female dwarves of this game :p
  9. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I'm liking Aurin. I also like Humans- their role-playability is through the roof- but I'm kind of leaning towards Granok. After watching more vids, reading through lore and articles, and just everything I see of them just spells badass. And the fact that this supposed melee healer crook wielding class will be available to the Granok. Done deal.
  10. Isli

Isli New Cupcake

i find it very disturbing that everyones banners, have a Combine logo on it. The symbol of our benefactors from Half-life 2 should not be used in Wildstar Banners.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I agree, Half-Life won't ever get on the same level as WildStar so it's just not right such an awesome game as WildStar carries such a logo :p WildStar deserves better! ;)
  12. Isli

Isli New Cupcake

im just gonna ignore you just said that... Dominion scum
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Aye, that's me! While normally i don't mind beeing talked to by a hillbilly, my kid thinks otherwise......so i got asked to relay a message to you:
    [​IMG]

Edit: Check my signature now, you just deserved a place on my wall in my house :up: You'll be a fine trophy.
  14. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

I'm most interested in finding out about the Mechari, but as many have stated previously, I think they may be over populated. But it remains to be seen, I may just switch to the Mogwai race if they look awesome enough...and if I can nail down Gizmo or MiniSnorlaxx...

Only beta will tell...
  15. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

I'm assuming that, since both sides have humans, the majority of players will be Dominion, sort of like how most people rolled Empire in SWTOR to be the cool badguys (or for whatever other reason, /shrug). I like my PvP queues short, so if my assumption is correct, I'll primarily be Exile, and of Exile, I'll be a rock. Although, I do find nearly all of the races equally as interesting.
  16. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

Mechari then Cassian or Exile.

I will probably end up playing one type of human depending on what faction my friends play. I'm not liking how popular the Aurin are turning out to be. I hope the game doesn't end up as Robots vs Furries and there is an even balance of races.

That being said, I will try out all the character options before I finally decide. I think I would rather play the Dominion though, but some people I know want to play Aurin..
  17. plic70

But, come on. It hits the total niche of furry/robot lovers out there, and the rest of us get to see a total deathmatch between the 2 to determine the ultimate weird love crush....in fact that sounds like an idea that MTV would have....forget I said anything.
  18. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

I could see it ;).

I don't mind the Aurin, I'm just hoping that 90% of people aren't playing them. It will be like bloodelves in wow all over again.

They remind me a lot of Daxter from the Jak and Daxter series. If they are playable they would definitely be one of my top choices.
    plic70 likes this.
  19. plic70

Yup, but I'm holding out on the Eldan pulling the Ottsel/Precursor switcheroo on us. Would be super hilarious.
    Nesphito likes this.
  20. baflgraf

baflgraf New Cupcake

I'm most interested in the Draken. Their society has hierarchical similarities to Charr society (which I really enjoyed while playing GW2).

I'm hoping that the developers decide to focus on the fact that the Draken are the "minions" of the Dominion. It would be neat to see how being considered "disposable" impacts a Draken character's worldview. Hopefully they're able to stick up for themselves and gain equal footing with the other races. :geek: