1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Which Side Will You Choose?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Milky Way, May 11, 2014.

?

Which Side Will You Choose?

1. Exiles - PvE

7.1%
  2. Exiles - PvP

7.1%
  3. Exiles - PvE and PvP

21.4%
  4. Dominion - PvE

28.6%
  5. Dominion - PvP

17.9%
  6. Dominion - PvE and PvP

17.9%
  1. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Just here to throw out a quest where a Dominion guy helps an Exile and gets stabbed in the back for helping him...

Just throwing this out there....:cautious:

Also they are zapping those who infiltrated their ranks and who are about to destroy the Cryo-pods possibly killing hundreds of Dominion guys.

So.....tell me again what your point was, because I don't see it :p
  2. Spuddicus

Spuddicus New Cupcake

Oh I'm certain if you look into it there are those and far more reasons to question the morality of at least some Exiles if not the whole faction. Heck, there's a mission where you "test" a bunch of moodies by torching them, freezing them, and zapping them. And certainly you can make justifications for the Dominion's methods conversely. I think Carbine's pretty smart and they did make it ambiguous, but I do believe that the surface value, thematically good side would be the Exiles. The Dominion has a very empire-from-Star-Wars feel, which is cool, but yeah, you kinda instantly think of them as the bad guys if you just kinda take a brief look at both. I did put "good guys" in quotation marks. :p
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well sorry, but as a Dominion player I just aint so shallow to instantly judge people on looks :cool:

(jk)
  4. Dollgirl

Dollgirl New Cupcake

Well, if you look at more than the just the quests and actually watched the cinematics at the start, you'd know that the Dominion took the exiles homes and forced them out of their homes because they wouldn't join with them. Hence the name exiles; they are living in exile while the dominion dominates.

So, if you want to be technical, dominion are the bad guys in a sense, while the exiles are the good guys. The Dominion wants to force submission, and exiles just want to find a new home free from the reach of the dominion.

This is coming from a dominion player.
  5. Shyhalu

Shyhalu New Cupcake

Dominion for me I think. I pretty much always play the 'good' side in games when I have a choice. Now.. I don't really know whether Dominion is bad or not.. but I will beeee playing them either way. I really like mechari females, I just wish I could make them a bit shorter. I feel really tall and kind of awkward on them as they are by default - no offense to tall-ish people IRL :p
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If I want to be technical then we take EVERYTHING into account and you'll see just the opposite of what you are trying to say.

Also please tell me what the Exiles did to be considered ''good''.....both factions are (as you guys put it) ''evil''.
  7. Spuddicus

Spuddicus New Cupcake

Honestly I think your perception of who the "good guys" are is going to be heavily influenced by joining just one side. You're gonna see and hear about all the bad stuff the other guys are doing. It's war, after all. There are going to be some morally questionable things on both sides. I'm pretty sure it's intended to be that way. Makes bandwagoning on one side easier, seeing most of the good while trying to ignore the occasional messed-up thing. In a game like this that's all in good fun, and does add a layer of depth. Either way I'm loving the Borderlands-style aesthetic of Exile zones and like them from a thematic standpoint, and the whole "obvious good guys" thing is only one of several reason I picked them.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It's gonna sound harsh but if people are that easily influenced and really think that way they are in my catagory of ''people who don't use their brains/don't read/are plain ignorant''. But indeed there will be people like that.....unfortunately.....:cry:

When roleplaying as my Chua, I'll say the Dominion are the good guys ofcourse, but in a real debate I'll be the first to say it's just a ''gray area'' and neither faction is good.
  9. Dollgirl

Dollgirl New Cupcake

Lol? What's your deal? I was just explaining the storyline we were introduced into as players. The storyline that says the exiles were victimized by the dominion. That's all. Are you arguing that the exiles victimized the dominion? I don't really understand what your point is, or where your hostility comes from. Your only argument was about the opening quest line, so I doubt you did much research or paying attention beyond the first 5 quests.

Also, the dominion have more of a horde type feel to it, which a lot of people associate with the 'bad guys'. It's perception mostly of what we are presented with. Even though in wow the orcs were enslaved by the alliance. Also, someone said earlier how the dominion reminded them of the empire in Star Wars. Which is also another perceived bad guy side, even though both factions commit atrocities. It's just perception of the stories we are given.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

First off please don't confuse zealotry/passionate with ''hostile'' ;) this is just a subject i'm very, very passionate about as people who have been on this site for some time already know. Also I have a certain way of typing when it comes to lore related stuff, which may be perceived as a bit ''pushing/aggresive'', sorry if I made it feel like I was hating on everyone (I just hate Exiles...just kidding :p)
    Again I'm sorry if I gave off a hostile vibe, it wasn't intended :oops:
  11. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I'm sure the Exile was just trying to give him a hug.

That's silly. I'm sure the chua-constructed pods would have just exploded anyway.