1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

who hates always having to type..........

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Anthony, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Anthony

Anthony New Cupcake

i was wondering if they could have an option where you can invite someone to party chat like xbox make it easy and simple to just communicate better with your team. typing is kinda time consuming and what if you needed a heal asap but you couldnt type it in time. i think it would be cool if they had party options and there be like 12 party slots available so you could have a small group it would make the PC much better at that point i dont see what would be stopping PC from beating xbox and playstation if you think this is possible or a good idea post some of the reasons you hate always having to type.
  2. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

The problem though, is that I have yet to play an MMO that had GOOD in game voice support. WoW tried it and within a month they said "Ok, we give, 3rd party will always be better." Something to that effect at least.

That's one of the big differences between PC and console, you can just get a free voice chat program and use that for your raids and guild.
    Sonntam and Isarii like this.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

that's when you look on the ground for your healer's telegraph and go "oh, i need a heal i should jump into that spot there to grab a heal!"
    It's a big reason that they have the telegraphs in game in the first place - easier communication in a hectic environment where it's harder to type at people - just show it!
    Sonntam, Vyver and Extatica like this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Cupcake

Mudfin, ruff_ethereal, Outlaw and 5 others like this.
  5. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

As others have said, it's easy enough to use a third party chat program. Though I think you'll find that some gamers aren't necessarily going to be willing to use it for various reasons.

The lack of internal voice chat isn't what's behind the differences in PC versus console gaming, which have far more to do with things like price points and game genres and controls.
  6. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Kinda lost me at "chat like xbox", I have no idea what that is. :cautious:

I do like having the option to right click on names in chat and having an option from a menu to invite to group or raid or something. Ignore was one of them, was in WoW this way right? so long ago, sorry have the flu and suffering trying to remember 2 years ago how chat was.

DCUO chat was great, I never used it.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

he means like WoW's voice chat, or Neverwinter's voice chat (that noone knows about or uses 'cause they suck and there are much better programs to use, so MMO devs don't really need to waste resources on doing that kind of stuff)
  8. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

9. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    I've often thought that as well, then realized that it would put undue stress on the Devs, as well as additional servers/cost to implement. It's easier to let users pick from the various v-chat options and focus on the game itself
  10. Sanja Melody

Sanja Melody Cupcake

You should just make some macros. So you just make a macro going
    /say Heal!
    Every time you press a button. Personally i HATED when people did that but if it's that important it is an option.
  11. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

Well I'm glad we haven't seen the mountains of QQ from casuals asking why they should be expected to use 3rd party programs to play optimally yet. I guess that's being saved for launch.
  12. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah i also use Ts3/Skype with my guild/friends.

those are non issues really.

as for party invite, in most games you can always click the guy/right click his frame(or right click his name in the chat window)
    and you will have a small tab with a small set of options InviteParty/InviteGuild/Remove From Party/Whisper/Trade/Inspect/Etc
  13. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    There will always be <REDACTED>ing. I doubt casuals really care about whether or not their game play is optimal. Unless they are trying to get into a raid they won't even bother with v-chat programs. I've used them all, and keep them on my system just in case. There is no way of getting everyone to use the same program, lots of complaining about that as well
  14. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

I know it may come off cheesy since I just did a sponsorship deal with RaidCall but it is truly amazing software.

It's basically Skype and Vent combined where you can have a 500+ server completely free (no trail period or anything)

I'm not sure how they plan on monetizing it in the future but I'm pretty sure the servers will always be free. I know I'll be using it a lot when Wildstar comes out
    Vox_Populi likes this.
  15. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

Oh, as a healer that pissed me off. I would be trying to keep the tank alive and stupid dps that got to 90 percent would start yelling to heal them. I can't tell you how tempting it was to let them die.
  16. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

I dislike Raidcall very much. There are a few reasons but the biggest one is that you can't turn individual people up or down as you like. I prefer Vent or TS3.
    Sonntam likes this.
  17. Dasphunk

Dasphunk Cupcake

I would let them complain and start to heal them at 50%, couple times letting them die. I just never gave a <REDACTED>. Also, dps telling me to heal the tank while I'm healing him, really pissed me off.
    Miatog and Nayukhuut`Chet like this.
  18. Zero713

Zero713 Cupcake

Another option I didn't really think of until a couple of months ago is Skype. My friends and I use it when we game. Its free, easy, supports multiple people, and sounds good. Give skype a try.

I've used Mumble, and really like the voice quality of that program. Vent was the standard for a long time, and has some nice options. The nice thing is there are so many to choose from, a guild needs to decide on a program and go for it. The only downside is someone might have to buy a vent server to have a constant channel. That is relatively cheap though.
  19. Anthony

Anthony New Cupcake

20. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

i cant help to like how you think.

However i was not as strong as you and could not resist the urge of not healing those people
    Nayukhuut`Chet likes this.