1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Who will have the highest DPS?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by DemonBox, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

It makes sense that the glass cannons would have more dps. After all if they can't kill something quickly they'd be dead. :3
  2. Brox

Brox New Cupcake

This was only one simple example, and yes other changes would be in place to offset all of this. You asked for me to bring more than just my opinion, but I am not going to outline every single change I would like to see in a forum post. We have to simply wait and see how the mechanics and interactions between classes will work in a raiding/group environment. I honestly believe the damage potential variance is going to be slight if anything, and overall skill of the player will be the major determining factor of damage output.
  3. Kayhos

Kayhos New Cupcake

I'm sure it'll consistently change but the lighter the armor the more damage they'll most likely inflict.
    This being Esper and Spellslinger so far, we'll see if the two other classes reveals another light armor wearing class.

If I had to bet which class would do the most damage on launch though I'd say Spellslinger.
  4. Yvenlas

Yvenlas New Cupcake

In one of the streams they did they mentioned one of the unrevealed classes having medium armor. This would lead you to believe that they both most likely will. I would guess esper and spellslinger will have the highest dps potential. That said just as you can modify the epser's survivablity through amps so too I am sure you can modify other class's dps potential in the same way.
  5. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly i was thinking the same thing but for different reasons, i just kind of guessed at this beacause of the 4 classes out it seems 2 can wear heavy armor and 2 can wear light so iwas thinking the 2 new ones will have medium armor.. hmm
  6. Yvenlas

Yvenlas New Cupcake

Well 1 has been confirmed for sure other I would assume is most likely. Your reasoning makes sense as well.
  7. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

and
    IMO the Esper will have the highest DPS. Light armor, long range, restricted mobility due to abilities that lock them in place while casting, and high burst are the reasons I believe this.

Spellslinger will be more mobile than Espers and have sustained damage. In PvE encounters necessitating mobility Spellslingers will have an easy time reaching and maintaining a high level of DPS compared to Espers. But once players begin learning fights in depth, namely where to stand and when they will have time to cast vs. when they will have to remain mobile, I think the best Espers will come out on top.

Are you a masochist? If so, then the Esper is the class for you.

Welcome to WildStar Central. Here is a link to the Personal Introductions Forum. You are not required to post there but doing so is a good way to meet some of our friendliest members. Tell Kat I said hi.

J-Tal offered a little more info concerning the interaction between armor and stats.
    source

Please clarify your statement above. The less armor a class has the more CC they should have? What type of utility do you think would even the playing field for classes that do not have access to heavy armor?
    I believe Carbine confirmed, some time ago, that one of the unreleased classes would wear medium armor, the other heavy. This would result in there being two classes of each armor type.
  8. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Actually, they said Slinger can focus on either heals or nukes, if you watched the video.
  9. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

My goal is to make the assassin(stalker) have the highest:)