1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Why can't Chua's be Warriors or Stalkers!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Ha'boo, Jul 19, 2013.

?

Would you like to be a Warrior or a Stalker as a Chua?

1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. Ha'boo

Ha'boo New Cupcake

I understand Chua's are scientists and create advanced weapons and technology, but why can't they be Warriors or Stalkers. I can understand them being Spellslingers and Espers because they are inventors and have the intelligence to do so, but why can't they be intelligent and kick some ass up front in the battlefield.
  2. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

For warrior I would say they're too short to wield a huge two-handed sword. For stalker I would say their ADD won't allow them the focus to assassinate a target.
  3. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

They should be spellsinger and stalker, not warrior or esper. I think so! :d
    Gronky likes this.
  4. RedSam777

RedSam777 New Cupcake

Except, you have the Asura in Guild Wars 2, tiny little people and they can wield huge two-handed swords, and shields, bows, etc.

I believe the reason why they decided not to let chuas be warriors or stalkers, has to do with adapting armor and weapons/animations for them, which I believe, one of the devs mentioned in an interview that it is time consuming and very expensive to do, maybe they decided to allocate their resources somewhere else. Anywho, as much as I would like to play a Chua warrior, I'm okay with playing an esper or a spellslinger.
  5. Ha'boo

Ha'boo New Cupcake

That Two-handed sword can be scaled down to the Chua's size. I wouldn't say ADD, there just a little crazy.
  6. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

Warriors require a lot of physical strength to perform as, with Stalkers requiring more finesse than any other class. physical strength and finesse are two things the Chua does not have.
    Verilyn, GloryHogXL, Kataryna and 3 others like this.
  7. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Chuas will also probably be one or both of the new classes yet to come and I bet those new classes exclude some of the current races.
    Aldamar and Kataryna like this.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well for the warrior it's simple, they are too small and not masculant enough to be warriors.

Stalkers.....well it's probably something really ''obvious'' lorewise, but I don't mind. I never imagined them as stalkers, i rather have the crazy scientists.
    They get both, not like the Mordesh. It's confirmed in the article that got released at the same time as the video ;)
    ruff_ethereal, ArdentSun and Chim like this.
  9. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

This is the first time I think in MMO history where the short race couldn't be the warrior and rogue and it was a really big mistake. It makes me lose a lot of interest in the game honestly.
    Tribe and Trigger like this.
  10. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

I think what Wildstar wants with warrior is UUMPH. Strength, power, that sort of thing, so a Chua doesn't feel that way even if they scaled it down. It might work for other games with tiny creatures, but maybe Carbine doesn't want to go that route.

Yeah, ADD was probably a bit much, but crazy is right on. Instead of killing their target, they might kill the entire family, with a bomb.
    ArdentSun likes this.
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Honestly the chua look too pudgy and chubby to be good at physical combat based classes. They might be able to be a sneaky race but I can't see them lodge a dagger very deeply into someone's back unless it was launched from some machine they built.

Plus, it would make even less sense if chua could be warriors before the aurin could.
  12. Artefact

Artefact Cupcake

Too bad, I was thinking of a full-armor Chua tanking an entire group of enemies with his little body ;)
    Mellkor likes this.
  13. Ha'boo

Ha'boo New Cupcake

Honestly if they can dodge an attack, they can swing a sword or stab someone in the back.

As well another point, if the Exiles cutesy race can be a Stalker, why can't Chua's.
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

We still got another tanking class incomming!!! So you'll still be able to do that :D
  15. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Warriors and stalkers are very aggressive classes that physically dominate their prey.

Chua are tiny scientist types.

Yes, other games may have embraced a sloppy free-for-all where anyone can be anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. Like Extatica pointed out, you'll still be able to play a Chua tank if you absolutely must do that.
    teh_ninjaneer, Evgen88 and ArdentSun like this.
  16. Saleex

Saleex New Cupcake

They are too small for a warrior; They won't have enough strenght to weild a sword :D
    And for stalker, i have no idea.
  17. Ha'boo

Ha'boo New Cupcake

I get what your saying. I guess i'll wait to see the next class to make my final decision.
  18. Littleman

Littleman New Cupcake

First and foremost, class distribution is done for balance reasons.

Second, distributing somewhat based on race is so that it all makes sense.

I personally prefer an "any race, any class" system, but this is Carbine's game. As I understand it, there will be four classes to a race, optimally. Though hell hath no fury like a fan base that will lash out if say, Exiles get one more esper option than Dominion, and Dominion gets one more spellslinger option, just as an example (people are fickle and stupid.)
    Tribe likes this.
  19. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Remember Cataclysm and how some class combination just felt really silly and awkward like gnome priest or tauren paladin. Yeah im kinda glad there is some class restrictions for each race.

Atleast there isn't the whole Shamans for horde and paladins for wildstar.
    Kataryna and ArdentSun like this.
  20. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

But a warrior has enough strength to parry a giant bosses advance?

When we start talking physics, Things get messy....
    Tribe and Aldamar like this.