1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Why can't Chua's be Warriors or Stalkers!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Ha'boo, Jul 19, 2013.

?

Would you like to be a Warrior or a Stalker as a Chua?

1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. Aldamar

Aldamar New Cupcake

Dev choose this way, we can just wait for the new classes, hoping will be great.
    Anyway i'm for the every class - every race party .
    Tribe likes this.
  2. Jaypee

Jaypee New Cupcake

How sure is this, a tanking class? I love tanking for people, using defensive abilities and big bulky armor and shields!!!!
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Go read up on the class speculation threads and you'll see/know :D

Although don't get your hope up for big-ass shields...the warrior uses holo-shield but only with some abilities, not permanent.
  4. Jaypee

Jaypee New Cupcake

That's the thing. I don't really like those 'holo-shields'. I'll read up on the thread you mentioned.
  5. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

Little off-topic, and sorry if it's already been corrected, but Mordesh will only get one of the new classes.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

There will be no ''permanent'' shields (as we know of now)....so be prepared :p

Yup it was a small mistake, but my main point was still good: Chua's get both ;)
  7. Jaypee

Jaypee New Cupcake

That will definatly dissapoint me in this game. But then again, last two classes have not been released. So like you said 'as we know now'... my hopes are set on the last two classes :)
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

This is me shattering your hope:
    [​IMG]
    Get used to it :D (I get paid to do that ;))

But please when (not if) you get dissapointed please try to think of all the GREAT things WS has to offer you aswell :up:
    Kataryna likes this.
  9. Jaypee

Jaypee New Cupcake

Don't worry, I am still looking forward to this game for sure! If there is going to be a tanking class (with shield) or not, I will be playing WS for sure ! :)
    Extatica likes this.
  10. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

Booo! Let the mighty Chua be Warriors!!! Booo!

:p
    Tribe likes this.
  11. Polecat

Polecat New Cupcake

I really dont think they fit those two classes as well as they fit esper and spell slinger. From what lore I've gathered they are more the blow you up instead of the sneaky sneak kinda person...and they probably would rather see you blown to bits with their vast array of tech instead of a bludgeon or sharp pointy thing. Lastly they are the only race that gets both of the new classes so im totally own for the compromise..because according to the devs the last two classes are the funnest. (that could be hype though)
  12. The Big Q

The Big Q Cupcake

Despite what they devs have said, the hype machine is up and running. So I wouldn't hold my breath on the last two classes being the most enjoyable. Plus that sort of thing is a matter of opinion anyways.

And I'm not betting on the new tank class using actual shields (I mean traditional hand held plates, not full body energy shields). It just doesn't fit with W*'s feel.

I don't even really think that Chua should be tanks. It's some what out of character for them. I understand that they most likely will have the option to do so, just so that it's possible to play any role as any race.

Also do we know that the Chua are the only race with access to both new classes? It would think that the Granok will also have access to them both. If not they will only be able to play as two classes, which seems extremely limited.
  13. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

It's been confirmed that Granok can be both of the final classes. Both sides of Human can be both those classes as well. I don't believe any other race can be both of the classes, just either or.
  14. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

The thing is making powers work differently in different situations would be a ton of work and the game would never be finished. Saying that s small pudgy technological inclined race with short arms and legs can't be a melee class is easy and makes sense.
    Saleex likes this.
  15. Lipgloss

Lipgloss New Cupcake

I prefer to melee, I want to roll Chua...why am I limited???

Physics? Size? This is a fantasy land with fantasy creatures, don't place human limitations on my Chua race!
    Trigger likes this.
  16. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Because they wanted to keep a balance of class-options to race between the sides and decided to give Granok only 3 classes, total, and so needed a race Dominion side to have only 3 class options, Chua just drew the... *snicker* short straw.

-Rachel-
  17. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

this post ended the thread
  18. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

The Granok will be getting additional classes, we just haven't seen the last two unrevealed classes yet. So likewise Chua will also get the remaining two unknown classes.
  19. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

You bet your sweet ass one of the remaining classes will be able to tank. Six classes total. Of the four confirmed classes two can dps/heal and two can dps/tank. Half are melee and half are ranged.

What conclusions can we draw about the remaining two classes? One will be dps/tank the other will be dps/heal. One will be melee and the other will be ranged.

And after browsing the official site's race page, I think it is safe to assume that each race will have access to four classes. The Human/Cassian races may be an exception to this rule and be able to play as any class.

Edit: the Granok will apparently only have access to three classes, which makes me believe that the Mechari will only have access to three classes as well. And that makes me a very sad cupcake. :(
  20. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

I think it's not ADD that stops a Chua from being an stalker, I'm sure they are fine assassinating with bombs and rifles, it's just impossible to creep up on someone when you can't stop your maniacal laughter