1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Why can't Chua's be Warriors or Stalkers!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Ha'boo, Jul 19, 2013.

?

Would you like to be a Warrior or a Stalker as a Chua?

1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

I really wanted to be Chua Warrior but, I can settle for Esper and hopefully the 3rd healing class'es 2nd spec is intersting.
  2. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Allowing Chuas to be Stalkers would be TOO evil.

I mean, if you're a knee-high little psychotic bugger with razor-sharp pointy things and you're sneaking up behind somebody, you're not gonna stab them in the leg, you're going to shove that pointy thing right up....*cough*...well, you know.

Well, I know I would...:devilish:
  3. animaCartographer

animaCartographer New Cupcake

We can argue about the logic behind what race be what all day from a lore perspective. But let's be honest, Race/class restriction isn't an amazing idea, even more so in this day and age.

Some people want to be the tiny warrior, some want to be the muscle wizard, and others want to be everything else. It is Carbine's game, and they can do with it as they please, but I personally don't see the point in restricting classes to certain races, and then giving the humans all of them because their humans.

As a MMO player for about...6 years I guess, I want to feel more individualized from my fellow players. Everything from the race and class to the tiny subtle face and body changes are things I long for so much because it helps me feel like I truly am unique, even if I'm not.

TL:DR
    Race/Class restrictions are a kinda outdated idea, and I really appreciate having complete control over the finer details of my characters. BTW this is an opinion.
  4. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

Nonono
  5. Bartender

Bartender New Cupcake

in their lore they're more brains than muscles, and their psychotic nature explores them more as technological/magical wielders , but i don't support class restrictions unless it's within the lore or affect game style
  6. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Chua warriors/stalkers would affect the game style and lore adversely.
  7. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

because Carbine said no :p
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think people will be a little happier once we have the official reveal of the last two classes. I think the current favorites are the "Engineer" with the rifle and gadgets which will be just perfect for a Chua. I'm like 99% sure my Dominion alternate character will be a chua engineer.

The other being the "Alchemist" which we really don't know much about or even caught any glimpses of that slip out in the officially released videos and screen shots. Which makes it really mysterious and could be full of surprises. Though I think we're mostly guessing with "Alchemist" because that word has been used a lot since the Mordesh and Chua race reveal. There's still a chance it could be the staff wielder person.
    Nearo likes this.
  9. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

I think realistically there would be Chua stalkers and warriors, but they would be a lot weaker than the other races. Not allowing them as players is just ensuring you can't make a gimped character XD
    Baeldan and Nearo like this.
  10. Nearo

Nearo Cupcake

The first time guys with really tiny arms can't wield some swords. Even if the swords were scaled down, their arms wouldn't be that great for taking swings.
    'Course, if they have no melee classes it would be really lousy. Probably one of the last two would be, since making a race confined to just ranged or just melee would be pretty lousy. Though dunno, maybe.
    At any rate it makes more sense considering how they look. Plus after they made only one weapon per class so the animations would be purdy and such, going around and making some short armed sword bearers would be pretty... eh. I don't imagine that'd look very good, same with stalker, seemed like some of stalker animations had lots of arm movement.
    Between lore and animations, seems like there's a pretty good reason to not be.
    I'm sure those last two classes will have some cool stuff anyways.
  11. deachem

deachem New Cupcake

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but in addition to animation costs, there's also the issue of racial bonuses and penalties to reaching milestones. Granted, milestones as we know them are being overhauled, as said in the last state of the beta, but if the Chua were only to have penalties for Brutality and Finesse (the primary stats for warriors and stalkers), then they'd be gimped from the get go. The same is probably true for Granok, who probably get penalized in Moxie and Finesse and can't be stalkers, espers, or spellslingers.

So if a race/class combo is already penalized by game mechanics, much fewer players will use them, which makes the work of animating their powers and weapons a much lower priority.
  12. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

I feel like the main reasoning for this complaint is "I want to play Chua, and I want to be a warrior, and I'm not allowed." It feels too much based on personal preference and not much else. A Chua as a warrior is about as menacing as a five year old with a foam sword.
  13. Bargehst1210

Bargehst1210 New Cupcake

Do you know when a two handed sword isint a two handed sword? When its the size of a butcher knife. Im sorry as a lore nutt I like that Wildstar is grounding these races in a kind of uniformity. The Choa are small, physically infereior race that have a grandious technical mind to compensate, why betray that aesthetic and just for the <REDACTED>s/giggles of watching armored hamsters waid into the fray
  14. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I feel your pain, I had hoped to be able to play as a race/class combination that will almost certainly NOT be available at launch, I remain hopeful for an expansion though.
  15. Crazyblade

Crazyblade Cupcake

I'm gutted that I can't be a Chua Warrior tbh, I enjoy being the "small" races (Gnome and Asura ftw :p) in MMOs and I would have loved to tank a boss's little toe with my ickle warrior. Dammit!

Oh well, Mechari Warrior and Chua Spellslinger it is then :)
  16. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

just.... just .... just doesn't feel threatening at all!!! I just want to pick him up, wrapping him in a blanket and carry him in a basket....
  17. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

When I did my speculation on what races get what classes, I also didn't add warrior and stalker to the back then unannounced Chua. The simple reason was balance. If Chua could also be Warrior and/or Stalker, they'd have too much classes at their disposal and other races would have too little.
  18. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i had a gnome warrior in vanilla wow. i enjoyed it tremendously but in practice all i saw was the bosses toes.
    good thing the toes of the bosses were all different so i could tell which boss i was fighting at the time and act accordingly .

sure it is funny but the novelty wears off pretty quick when your camera is all screwed and you cant see everything you need to see.

anyways just think about it.
  19. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

hopefully one of the 2 unrevealed classes is a tank, and Chuaable TM.
  20. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Hope so as well! Would be pretty cool to have hamster tanks :p