1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art WildStar Art by Fate

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Fate Flyer, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Thanks, Kurik! Yeah, I was wondering just how Rhulok would turn out myself. I'm glad Eris looks Eldan! :D

Thanks! Yeah, that different overlap of shadows is something I've been doing lately. I'm not sure if I really want to stick with it or not, but it's that cell-shading feel that I am most comfortable doing, haha. I'm glad you noticed that blue light! It wasn't coming out quite as noticeable in some places as I would have like, or when it did, it was taking away from my other colors, so I didn't want to make it too powerful. XD hehe Well thank you so much!

Awesome, thanks!

Yes, so many little details took forever. :roflamo: Thanks for noticing that!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I definitely agree with you there, and that's kind of actually something I was considering. This actually was going to be just a drawing of Eris/the redhead, but then I decided to add in the Aurin, since I saw the Aurin with bat ears in InnocentCivilian's thread and fell in love. :inlove: And theeeen, I decided to add two more characters. So it really was not planned out at all. And that was probably my biggest downfall, since this originally was just going to be a standard image of Eirs and what she looks like (since she'll be my main). So yep, I definitely see what you mean! Thanks for the consecutive criticism!

Just FYI about this in general to everyone: I really feel like the Draken is the worst with his dangley arms, but I wanted to draw him almost in the nude, haha, since I just absolutely loved all the details on their skin, and it felt really weird to me when I drew in a gun in his hands, since he looked funny not wearing any armor and looking like a brute, yet having this modern weapon, lol. I wanted him, as a character, to feel like this monstrous creature that can take you out without needing any weapons or armor, if need be. That's also why I didn't give him hair, like some Draken have. I thought it made him look too human, and I really just wanted him to be like a beast! :mad: Grr! :D

Thank you! Yeah, you definitely should! C:

Thank you, Mr. Wolf. :]

Innocent! ^___^ < 333 You are so sweet. Thank you! I'm so thrilled you like the drawing, and I'm really glad that you like Eris too! Being that she is my main, I may have unknowingly put more into her, hehe. ;) However! I did shade/highlight Eris first (so that I could use her as my avatar right away, lol), sooo, I ended up learning through experience the more I worked on this drawing, and by the end of it, I realized I probably could have done Eris even differently than when I first started. But I still am overall pleased with it, so that's all I can really ask for when I'm done with a drawing (and is definitely not something I always feel!).

Thanks for the comments/feedback/compliments, guys! Just sain', I got to watch and listen to quite a lot as I worked on this drawing! :roflamo: I have two monitors, so I would be working on the drawing in one and then watching something in the other. So, here's what I did while doing this drawing...
    • Re-watched the whole first and second season of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and part of the third (I remember the 3rd season best, so I didn't feel the need to rewatch it all)
    • Re-watched the entire season of Avatar: The Legend of Korra
    • Re-watched the entire season of Steven Spielberg's mini-series Taken, which I highly recommend!
    • Re-watched the movie The Air I Breathe
    • Listened to the amazing WildStar music by Jeff Kurtenacker
    • Listened to the entire Chicago (the movie) soundtrack
    • Listened to a lot of different music from video game soundtracks (Final Fantasy 8, 9, and 10, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Kingdom Hearts)
    • Watched all the PAX East footage
    :D I think that's the majority of it! Wow. So, I ended up doing a lot of multi-tasking, haha.
    InnocentCivilian and Tom Servo like this.
  2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I like how the art turned out. good job :D
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  3. Rawhide

Rawhide Cupcake

I like the way you re-envisioned the Auren's ears as more mouse like than bunny like. Makes me wonder if there will be other ear options or strictly Trix Rabbit.
  4. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I think he looks pretty spot-on, really :p. Male Draken DO tend to stand around with dangley arms. XD

Oo! Oo! I can answer this one! *waves hand excitedly in the air* After you've feasted your eyeballs on Fate's lovely art, may I point you to this thread which has several Aurin ear variations? :) http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/image-of-all-known-aurin-ear-variations.1587/
    Fate Flyer and Kataryna like this.
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

InnocentCivilian likes this.
  6. Rawhide

Rawhide Cupcake

Fate Flyer likes this.
  7. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Wow! Really like your style! You're very talented. Makes me jelly, and if jelly didn't taste so good on toast, I'd be upset, too! ;)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  8. Fate Flyer

I updated the OP to include the image for gentlestar's amazing cute and fun Ask An Aurin thread. :3

This is the updated version, 10 toes and all. XD I feel like a complete idiot having somehow missed that originally. :oops: In my defense, all I can say is that I was running on 4 hours of sleep and work has been so indescribably mentally exhausting lately, so I've been (extremely) extra prone to mistakes these past few days... :cry:
  9. Fate Flyer

Hey, all!

I wanted to make a post here to give everyone enough of a heads up and advanced notice that I'm probably going to be opening up my commissions soon!

I've had many people ask, and as much as I love all you guys (seriously, best online community anywhere), I simply don't have enough time to commit to doing lots of drawings at a time (and I don't want to overwhelm myself). Therefore, commission slots will be limited. I originally was thinking only 3, but now I'm considering up to 5. However! I should state that 1 spot is already reserved for Kurik, as he is my friend and guild leader (^_^), and one spot is reserved for Sylvan, since he asked me for a drawing a long while ago and I kind of promised him I would do one for him in the future (so long as he's still interested). That would mean I'd have 2 reserved slots and 3 open ones for anyone else.

I might as well also take this opportunity to let everyone know that, if you decide to commission me for a drawing, you understand my limited availability in regards to free time and time I get to spend at home drawing. (Many times I can be online on my cell phone throughout the day, but I can't always be at home able to draw and with my tablet.) So please take that into consideration and realize that your drawing may take time to get to, depending on where you are in line, and of course the actual time spent on each piece.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about pricing (to myself, on Twitter, with my coworkers) and I think I've come up with a very simple pricing guide (I really didn't want it to be overly complicated and varied, but rather one flat fee). I'll still think it over some more though and seek opinions on it before I decide to open up commissions publicly, but I believe it should be affordable to the average person while still being somewhat profitable for me to be investing so much of my time into. :)

Thanks, guys, for all your support and love, and keep your eyes peeled! Once commissions open up, it will be first come, first serve (since that is the only way I can be fair). So don't miss out!
  10. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

\o/ *flails excitedly* Yaaaaaay Fate commissions! :D I don't know how my funds will be when you do open up (or if I'll even be able to snag a spot), but either way I eagerly look forward to more lovely arts from you!
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  11. Fate Flyer

Commissions are now open!

Please see the original post here for all information on commissioning me for art.

The first three people to e-mail me what they would like will get the remaining open slots. Please note: I won’t accept quickly-written e-mails that are just asking that I hold a spot for you and then you’ll e-mail me what you want later. That’s not fair, so please take the time to tell me what you’d like. I will update this thread as quick as I can as soon as I am full so that no one has to waste time e-mailing me when I become unavailable.

Thanks a lot, and I look forward to working on your characters! :)
    Kurik likes this.
  12. Feliun

Feliun Cupcake

I am in no way surprised you're filling the slots this quick. Hopefully it will encourage more people to come forward with their art and take some commissions.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  13. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Only problem for these art commissions, which I wouldn't mind paying for yours and other users here, is that the 4th possibly coolest Exile race is Redacted. Don't really care about other reveals until then, and I'm sure people who have chosen their favorites are happy for an art piece :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  14. Fate Flyer

Yes, most definitely! :) It's obvious we have a lot of talented artists that are members here, so hopefully some more of them will be open to the idea of accepting commissions themselves. :up:

I can totally understand you there. I want to have my own 4th Dominion race character, but I don't feel I have right right amount of information and references to create them at this time, and it's even harder with the 4th Exile race from what little we can guess about them. So, that's understandable. :)

Heads Up:
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be closing commissions again for another extended period of time after this weekend is over. As of right now, there's still one commission slot open! So today is your last day to e-mail me if you'd like some art done for you. Thanks, guys! I'm really looking forward to working on these awesome characters so far!

EDIT:

Commissions are now closed! Thank you, guys!
  15. Fate Flyer

Progress Update: I have finished with Kurik's commission sketch, and it was approved by him, so I just this morning started the lineart/"inking." :)
    Kurik likes this.
  16. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Awww.. I just now saw this. I totally would have had you make a Konoko Aurin full body piece. :/
  17. Fate Flyer

Really short notice, but I didn't think about posting this here until just now!

Starting in exactly an hour and a half (4:30 PST / 6:30 CST / 7:30 PST), I will be streaming live myself working on Kurik's commission! :)

http://www.twitch.tv/

This'll be my first time ever streaming live, and I'm kind of learning how to do this still, so be gentle! ^^ I also am pretty shy, so I probably won't be talking...
    Dysp likes this.
  18. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah! Another art stream! :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  19. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Caught the very end, logged into my account to join chat and offline! Basic sketch looked nice though.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  20. Fate Flyer

Aw, sorry you missed it! But thank you! ^^

Here's the link to my little teaser video from this morning after I first discovered how to stream! :D
    http://www.twitch.tv/fateflyer/b/398878784

Here is the full stream of me working on Kurik's commission if you missed out. (Warning: This may put you to sleep! XD)
    http://www.twitch.tv/fateflyer/b/399114248
    Kurik likes this.