1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art WildStar Art by Fate

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Fate Flyer, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Belyal

Belyal New Cupcake

saw you lil teaser earlier = ) looking fwd to seeing some of the artwork
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  2. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Thanks again, both characters are looking great! :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Yesterday, I finished the lineart for Kurik's drawing, so here's a little progress update for you guys and to prove that yes, I am working and that I just work slower! ;D

[​IMG]
    Rai, Jynetik, Kurik and 5 others like this.
  4. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Hrrrrk! So. Good!! They look like quite the badass duo!

I watched some of your livestreamed videos - you're completely insane! The process you go through is sooooooo meticulous, but it results in this really neat, clean lineart that I'm way too impatient to replicate, haha. XD

I look forward to seeing it in your colours! :inlove:
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Awesome and take as much time as you need to! :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  6. Fate Flyer

Thanks, Kurik. ^_^ Appreciate it.

So here's this, in case it may interest anyone: http://www.twitch.tv/fateflyer/b/400456045
    I made a video this morning about how I do my art, and it was about 7 minutes long. Then, I realized when it was done that I had my mic muted. :oops: Sooo, I tried to remake it, and while this isn't as great as my first one would have been, it at least is a little something about my art. Mostly, I just wanted to show my tablet, since so many people don't get it lol (at least people I talk to in real life).
    Zilvoran and Kurik like this.
  7. Fate Flyer

Got all the solid colors all laid down. :) Lastly is shading/highlighting! (Kurik, let me know if there are any color changes you'd like.)

[​IMG]
    Rai, Jynetik, Dysp and 6 others like this.
  8. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I really did sleep in way too late this morning, looks great to me! :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  9. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Bahahaha! Can I just say how thrilled I am that the little chin dots I added are translating to other pictures? They were just included on a whim, but it tickles me to see them continued as canon for his coloration. :D

Also, LOVE the work on his nose, the armor detailing, and the overall structure of both of them! Looking forward to the finished piece! :D
    Kurik and Fate Flyer like this.
  10. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

When you have awesome lineart like your's, even just while having flats, the image looks amazing. :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  11. Fate Flyer

Screenager, Firmament, Dysp and 8 others like this.
  12. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Kurik and Fate Flyer like this.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I love them so much, thanks again! :)
    Haha, it does! We just need someone to play the role of big brother now. :p
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  14. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I know I do! :p

Sooo gorgeous, Fate! I think that it's really neat that you didn't use black, but orange/red lines for Kurik - the results are stunning! :eek:

Khione's also looking darn snazzy! I really admire yourcreativity at creating fancy Cassian clothing when we've seen so little of them! :inlove:
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  15. Fate Flyer

Aww, hehe thanks, Innocent!! Your comments are always so sweet and meaningful, and I just want to say that as an artist, it really means a whole lot that your keen eyes notice these little details! :) Thank you very much again!
  16. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Your Draken characters continue to blow my mind, and this stream hardly put me to sleep... on the contrary, it provided no shortage of amusement this evening.

I had the video running full screen on my laptop, and my wife walked by and did a double-take, "OH MY GAWD ARE YOU DRAWING THAT?" I just barely had the heart to tell her that I was not... after 5 minutes of trying to pull her leg. Thanks for that. :D
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  17. Fate Flyer

Haha! :'D Aw, thank you! I'm glad that stream didn't manage to induce sleeping. :] And ohmygosh, that made me LOL! XD Cute! That's probably the most amusing/flattering story related to my art that I've ever heard! So thank you for that. :D
    Azhdaha likes this.
  18. Fate Flyer

Just a little update: I've started working on my 2nd commission, Sylvan's, but I've also had some very big real life things occur. My boyfriend (whom I live with) was offered a job doing web design/development in Austin, so we're going to be moving from Iowa to Texas next month! We have a lot of work to do, such as finding a place to live before he starts his job. I've been really busy helping to look for a place to rent, and we're going to start packing this weekend. I'm quitting my job in exactly 2 weeks from today, so I've been busy at work training my replacement.

It's going to get a little hectic soon, and so this will interfere with my free time/drawing time. I do apologize for this, but hopefully everyone who I have reserved a commission slot for can understand! If, for whatever reason, that isn't going to work for you, you're always welcome to back out ahead of time, so I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thank you guys though for your patience and all your awesome support! :D
    Kurik, Jynetik and Yakzan like this.
  19. Gruuski

Gruuski New Cupcake

Your artwork is amazing, and I look forward to seeing more of it once things quiet back down for you!
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  20. Fate Flyer

Thanks so much! :)

Hey, so, um. Kind of another update for you guys waiting on commissions...

This is kind of personal, but I just want to be really open with you all and let you understand my situation.

My boyfriend of around 6 years and I just split up yesterday. Some of you may know him as Axiom Awaits. It ended up being a mutual thing, and we both kind of came to terms with a lot in our relationship, and I think we'll be able to remain friends. I was obviously (from my previous update) planning on moving to Austin with him next month. Since I won't be doing that now and I no longer have anything here in this place that I grew up where I am currently living, I will be moving to New Mexico to live with my parents (who moved there a couple years ago) until I can figure out my life and what direction I want to take it.

My last day of work is next Friday, 6/7, and some point after that I will be moving. I still have no idea when, but it will be very soon thereafter. I just need to take care of a ton on my own, not least of which is packing everything before I can go to be with my family. I am going to be very busy, and I'll need to find some form of work in Albuquerque, where I'll be living too, so I'll need to start looking and applying to places. In short, what I'm trying to say is, I have a lot that's going on right now, and I would like to always keep my commissions a possibility for some extra enjoyment/income in my free time, but for the time being, they need to take a back seat until I'm all settled.

Please do let me know if you don't feel like waiting around for me to work on your drawing if you are one of the people I have in my commission slots! There will absolutely be no hard feelings. But if you are okay with the wait, I certainly won't be charging anyone anything until I start working on your sketch and it gets OKed by you.

Thanks, everyone. That is all. :]