1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar devs must be thinking hmmmmm

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mayjinx, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

After seeing what Everquest next has to offer...
    Some friendly competition could go a long way.
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Why would they want to fight with them and Gw2 over the wide audience? It seems safer to supply enough content so those groups that come have enough to keep everyone entertained.
  3. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think they're thinking too heavily on it. We haven't seen anything about EQNs end game plans yet, a part of the game Carbine has explicitly announced to be focusing very heavily on for all types of MMO players. That tied with the fact Wildstar's long term success will be determined pretty much by then because it's likely to see a release a lot sooner than EQN.

EQN looks great, and I'm interested to see more from it. But by then Wildstar may have the huge audience and content we're all hoping for and in that case I wouldn't want to switch anyway.
  4. Livnthedream

Based on the classes panel, they do not have an "endgame" as there is no "leveling" game. Its a fixed Gw2, sorta.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  5. Krythorian

Krythorian New Cupcake

Well the ONLY MMO(that's not out yet) I got hope for right now is wildstar, I really hope they don't <REDACTED> it up because I'm looking forward to be in wildstar from start til end.
  6. Notfuton

Notfuton New Cupcake

with no holy trinity in a game that has had it from the start, not a good idea. The game looked beautiful and had sooooooooo many good things in there but from what ive seen on no holy trinity it just sounds like it will go the way of GW2 and just go zerg that boss and thats it. I was so pumped watching soe live and everything and then they had to ruin it with the panels telling about the combat system.

With the more action based combat, they said it was more like Neverwinter but more indepth you really cant have raids that feel like real raids. Gw2 combat was nice in pvp and so was Neverwinters but for a game that has been PvE at its core i dont think this combat system will work at all and i know a lot of real super EQ fans that have been waiting for this game for years ever since they heard whispers of it are really really put off with this combat system.

But this is all just my opinion.

I would have to get my hands on Everquest next to see how it works, but with no taunt in the game with no real agro table whats the point of picking a class that has a shield. I dont understand why you could change what works in mmos, look at the most successful mmos out there, what do they have, they have the Holy Trinity. It may seem old or overused but it works it keeps ppl coming back, it kept me playing wow for 10 years now, sure i got bored of the game itself but i ALWAYS came back to the game even when i went to other mmos like GW2 and Neverwinter.

I may be biased as i was always a tank in wow so not having a taunt or being able to pull a mob off of a healer or dps so it really just doesn't appeal to me.

Anyway thats my 2 cents and all my own opinions

I dont think wildstar really has much to worry about with EQN. Now every mmo should be shaking in their boots if they decide to put the holy trinity in lol. :p
  7. Texer

Texer New Cupcake

What does EQN has to offer though? Nothing new!

Since Sony annoucements MMOs forums are full of hating topics about EQN. People don't like what they're adding in the game, they call it new and innovative. But its not new nor innovative, all features already exists in games like GW2 and NW and player didn't enjoy it, like no raids or no holy trinity, that sucks.

Wildstar has everything players are asking: higher difficulty and hardcore gameplay, holy trinity, good combat system, etc.. I don't want more casual games to play 200 hours and unninstall the game. If they rethink the game just cause another MMO has promised crappy things then we shall have a crappy game too.

"The devs are listening", I like that sentence from the videos.
  8. Notfuton

Notfuton New Cupcake

9. Livnthedream

You can't really make this sweeping generalization though as forums such as these and mmorpg.com only comprise a couple percent of the total playerbase. And we tend to be the most "hardcore" on each end of the bell curve.
  10. Texer

Texer New Cupcake

You're right, but there are no other ways to know are players are thinking if they don't write in forums. I'm typing what I've read in MMOs forums. Most EQN base players didn't like what they're doing because its not what Everquest really is in its essence.
  11. Livnthedream

They are called metrics, they speak much louder than us forumites ever could.
  12. UNDERZZZZZ

Have they explained much about the group content yet? Raids or groups? I haven't paid a crazy amount of attention because it's so far off
  13. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

I love combat and Everquest next is looking slick..
    I have my hart set on wildstar and hope they don't get
    Dwarfed in the combat field...
    And let's not even talk about the destructible world
    And multi layering they talked about...very sneeky entrance they
    Made with the game.at least for me I had know idea of this game.
  14. Livnthedream

They said flat out that while healers and tanks existed, they were not needed for encounters, ala Gw2. There is a panel detailing pretty much all of it, including how out of touch the devs are with any kind of serious players.
    UNDERZZZZZ likes this.
  15. Notfuton

Notfuton New Cupcake

they said one of the developers let slip they there would be small raids, and then at another panel that they would be putting in larger raids a bit later or working on it, i gotta find the link.
    UNDERZZZZZ likes this.
  16. Zyd

Zyd Cupcake

Both are completely different games, EQN is a sandbox wich we don't know if it's going to have serious content or this "live world" kind of content that GW2 has, not to mention that they have at least 2 or 3 more years of development down the road.

WS focus is completely different, but they could implement some of the physics and "holy grails" that EQN has in the following years.
  17. UNDERZZZZZ

Wow, so end game content is pretty much going to be non existent for people who want hard, challenging and rewarding content? Doesn't that seem a bit off for EQ? I've never played one but you always hear people talk about how insanely hard its raids were and hard hardcore the game was.
  18. Livnthedream

One of the players asked during the Q&A what they were going to do about those players who want to tank, even though other similar games (Neverwinter and Gw2) have issues with tank players finding groups because bringing another dps is better. Their response was that tanks can totally do damage! /facepalm
    UNDERZZZZZ likes this.
  19. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

EQN promise an incredible world based on minecraft ideas, multi layerd world, permanent changes to that world, mostly horizontal progression instead of vertical, incredibly looking characters (with cloth and hair movement) and SOemote which reads your face, customizable very detailed gear and weapons, great approach for crafting (no need to make Nk items to advance) and more.
    All of these are fine but they won't make EQN great hardcore MMO for raiders and pvpers. It may become a problem for them in long term but I believe that it will be the most revolutionary mmo for casual players.
    I really wish they think hard about classes and skills and fight mechanics and make it so good that hardcores get interested in that game as well. But I don't see how they are going to balance multi class design. And they have only like 70-90 people in the team which is not much.
    I hope Blizzard will get the best of W* and EQN and copy cat them together into something special fast.
  20. ThatGrumpyScotsman

ThatGrumpyScotsman New Cupcake

EQN didn't really enthrall me, to be honest. I watched their 'worldwide debut' and the presentation was so lacking in passion and energy. They didn't announce anything I thought; "OMG!" about. I'm not the biggest PVPer or PVEer - I consider myself an RPer, first and foremost, who enjoys all the other aspects of MMO playing as well - so I'm not sure other less hardcore players will be particularly up for EQN either.

Besides that, I reckon they'll focus on the PS4. Gameplay footage certainly made it look at that, at least.