1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar devs must be thinking hmmmmm

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mayjinx, Aug 4, 2013.

1. laex

laex New Cupcake

My hype for EQN lasted about a day. Then they announced that it will be released on "ProSieben Games" in Germany. That killed all of my hopes instantly. So I don't care it it's a serious competitor to WildStar. That platform sucks donkey balls. :D
  2. Krythorian

Krythorian New Cupcake

Seriously? League of Legends isn't even a MMORPG it's a MOBA and now if we should look at wildstars arenas then no the trinity wouldn't be needed in arenas.
  3. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

I hadn't thought of that, but looking back, you may be right. The Kerra in particular looked rather....awful.
  4. M3stro0

M3stro0 Cupcake

EQ-Next could very well flip the market on it's head immediately but I seriously doubt that happens. I think it will ultimately be a building block for other MMOs of it's kind like the original Everquest. I think it can be revolutionary, but at the same time moving away from the Big 3 is extremely risky when the Big 3 still has potential in MMOs. LBH it's all been cookie cutter trying to copy WoW with the Big 3, I'm very intrigued to see how the Big 3, healing especially works in W*. I think the movement and telegraph system could bring something new and exciting to the Big 3. No more stand in the corner and move out of the fire for healers. Maybe more active movement and healing.
  5. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly I'd think the devs would be rather happy with the display the two put up

TESO's performance was lackluster, seemed like they just slapped a few thing together at the last minute to give a presentation.

As for EQN, while it seemed like they at least had their <REDACTED> together, seem to be marketing a lot of features that are just fluff or wont work out well.

So yeah, it's never a bad thing if the competition fumbles the ball
  6. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I think EQN COULD work out great.

It just seems that a lot of vocal people enjoy hands being held and no change. EQN looks as if it will be the first true Sandbox since EVE (AAA version that is). I hope they pull it off as I will be playing regardless.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  7. ThatGrumpyScotsman

ThatGrumpyScotsman New Cupcake

I'm happy to admit that I'm not looking at a great change. I'm looking for a game which is reminiscent of what I loved about WoW, but newer. Some new gameplay features such as Player Housing and a bit of innovation like the Path system will make me a happy panda.

I also prefer 2d Films.
    Mukesh likes this.
  8. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Well, MMORPG was not minecraft and now look, EQN has minecraft in it and become 3MORPG. So maybe we can have LOLMMORPG someday.
  9. lacrimstein

lacrimstein Cupcake

I really hope we don't. MMOs should cater to PvE and wPvP first, not to groups of 10 people kicking each other's butts in their own private rooms, imho. That's what GW2 tried to do, and look at the state of their PvE now. The most important part of the game (to me) was sacrificed to appease the esports crowd. That's sad.
  10. Gronky

LOL was just an example. I just hope somebody will relax the reliance of holy trinity in a way which will make us happy and I refuse to think that it will never happen.
  11. Gronky

Okay, after a few days of excitement caused by EQN I can now say that it's over. They are going to mess up MMO world somewhat with their minecraft/voxel things and horizontal progression but I don't see them as a serious competitor for W*'s fun. Maybe Blizzard will deliver some good compromise between EQN and W*, but for now my hype is moving back to W* :up:

Peace V
  12. Reeve

Reeve Cupcake-About-Town

Nothing about EQN looked particularly exciting to me. I'm not sure why I'd want to have a destructible world in an MMO, especially one with such crappy destruction physics. In a single player campaign type game? Maybe.

The stuff I care about is more to do with combat gameplay and environment, and by environment, I don't mean what the physical world looks like (though that's important too and I prefer a cartoony look). I mean the whole setting. A rich world with rich and interesting stories, characters, and cultures. I got no sense of any of that from anything I've seen about EQN thus far. It seems like so far, they're showing a bunch of gimmicks to see if players bite.
    ArdentSun likes this.
  13. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

Lets all look at a carton of eggs and argue over which chickens will be the cutest! :rolleyes:
    Witless likes this.
  14. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

EQN = 3 or 4 years from now. W* = soon. Nuf said.
  15. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

I think the biggest disappointment is that they're turning EverQuest, traditionally a themepark MMO, into a sandbox game.
  16. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Id wage EQN will come out by the end of next year, their Landscape feature will launch winter this year, beta should start early next year.

So their game should be ready by X-Mas 2014

i really loved their animations and graphic style.

Also i have always enjoyed horizontal progression, and it seems like it might be the kind of game that really thrives on OwPvP

Also they seem to be taking AQ40 and Gw2 questing to the next level with their dynamic events.

Really looking foward to EQNext now, i had 0 expectations for it.

Now iam waiting to be blown away by Titan, i wont be surprised if Blizzard takes the best from WS and EQNext and jam it into a single game.
  17. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

Considering they've restarted Titan from scratch like two or three times now, I doubt it will be anything exciting at all. They've probably scrapped everything cool by now and are just making a cashcow for lost time.
  18. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I'm game :D
  19. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I'm all for mmo competition - the more solid titles, the better, as the quality bar will be raised and at the end - it's us players that win. However, Everquest Next, atm has absolutely nothing to offer but words. It's in diapers. It may very well turn out to be the next coming of teh rawsdower, but for now, well, it's really not a rival. WS, even if not released this year, will be full on ''in play'' before it needs to start worrying about it :p
  20. Gronky