1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar DevSpeak - Aiming

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Ico, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Nivthulan

Nivthulan New Cupcake

Always love getting DevSpeaks. :D Hmmmm. I'm not sure how I'd do 'til I have a go. :p I'm used to tab targeting and movement, or auto-select target on attack if it's the closest one in range. I click targets on occasion. Lining up/aiming heals would be learning experience for me, as I tend to use F-keys for a lot of my mmorpg heals. :s But as I said before..... guess I'd have to have a try to see if how I adjust. :)
  2. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

A 2:06, the tank that is Scorpion pulling a mob. Does anyone know or can get a better view of it, what class that is? Warrior, Stalker, or one of the unannounced?
  3. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Would love to see some random rowsdower mass exodus in the Nexus.. You're playing and just minding your own business, then one moment a huge pack of slowly moving rowsdowers just appear out of nowhere, moving towards something, for no particular reason to be found..

That, would be scary..

Haunting images.. :(
    Ianpact likes this.
  4. Warslyfe

Warslyfe Cupcake

Looks like a warrior to me, but they're so small who knows. I did notice the dude with the rifle on his back chillin next to him though.
    Ianpact and plic70 like this.
  5. Ungeheuer

Ungeheuer New Cupcake

He has an 2H sword(or more likely an Chainsaw^^) ...so i would say Warrior ;)
    Ianpact, Sonntam and plic70 like this.
  6. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a.

Honestly, I think this needs to happen. Sounds hilarious to me.
    Ianpact likes this.
  7. Fudge

Fudge Cupcake

Looks really interesting. Can't wait to test it out.

A glass cannon play style looks to be the most ideal (assuming everyone can be pro at dodging and aiming); but if you can master that, based on the dps class in game, you could be going around being a boss everywhere. Once again, the assumption is that there is no telegraphs by mobs that are impossible to dodge.

Of course, in PvP, there are many people fighting at once and there will definitely be times where it is impossible to dodge due to multiple telegraphs in your direction. That could also be another strategy; with a group of people aim in way that you cover maximum area making sure the opponent gets hit.

Personally I love the thrill of chasing the opponent and fighting in a way to limit the opponent's movement and finish him off. You gotta hold your breath in this type of close combat, whether it's against a ranged or another close combat opponent. This type of game with its style of aiming and movement sounds really promising to this type of play style.

Only personal experience will tell to what extent this can be done.
    Sonntam likes this.
  8. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

Hey nice avatar xD.
  9. Paterk

Paterk Cupcake-About-Town

So they displayed Holding down your spell to bring up targeting, Rotating your Camera AND Player to Aim (3rd Person Shooter Style), and Releasing the button to launch your skill. Seems pretty easy. But A few clips showed the Camera facing forward, and the player facing left aiming a skill. How do you break out of the 3rd Person Shooter style aiming?

My only guess is something akin to playing a twitch action game (Bayoneta, Ninja Gaiden). The camera is independent to the Character. Left Stick = Player Movement in 360 Degrees. Right Stick = Camera Control.
    But this is a game being developed for keyboard and mouse. The Bayoneeta/DMC controller scheme doesn't quite work on this peripheral. (WASD does not replace an analog joystick).

I'm sure this is all just something that will make sense as soon as you put your hands on the game.
  10. Ka1to

Ka1to New Cupcake

On top of the aiming it was a very nice showcase of armor too. The Aurin Esper in the red robe looked so fun.
  11. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

It won't quite work that way. There are some 'white damage' style attacks in the game, so you can't infinitely avoid taking damage forever.
    Sonntam likes this.
  12. Fudge

Fudge Cupcake

Yea, I get what your saying. I was just trying to say that a glass cannon in this, won't necessarily be a glass cannon, maybe a wood cannon (stupid, but more resilient than glass lol) due to the freedom of movement and anticipation of attacks.
  13. Stonehenge

Stonehenge New Cupcake

So much cruelty...
  14. Artefact

Artefact Cupcake

It's not cruel, it's just... kinda fun... to be bad ^^
  15. AimLock

AimLock Cupcake

Loved the end :) the humor in this game is so good , hope it doesn't end with the marketing !

The ideas in this excite me and should be a great new challenge.

So keen to tank like this and dps should be good too, heals is a little scary :)
  16. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Sadly, two part names seem to be off the table for now, as do characters, such as that hyphen.
  17. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Last I heard, the dodge doesn't work like GW2, where it provides a temporary immunity but rather as a sort of dash, that just moves you quickly in a direction. Which is more realistic if you're into that kind of thing. :up: So, if you aren't out of the telegraph when the ability hits, you will be hit. :sneaky:

I believe it has been said that telegraphs will not show up in PvP. Though, I think it was still up for debate. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided some will show and others don't.
  18. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

You may never want to go to Romania then ...

Ianpact likes this.
  19. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Oh holy maria mother of JESUS CHRIST! :p

I truly think Rowsdowers have a plan..
  20. Fudge

Fudge Cupcake

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for the info. Did they give reason as to why not?