1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar: Great! But in the meantime...

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Swedicus, May 29, 2013.

1. Swedicus

Swedicus New Cupcake

Any recommendations on MMO's to play while waiting.

Tried out Neverwinter, felt fine and everything but just didn't do it for me. Can't think of any glaring things I disliked about the game but felt kinda over it by the time I reached lvl 36 with a cleric. Maybe it'll get even a little better and more engaging when the game is out of open beta, but the f2p - 'zen' store model they had just didn't appeal to me.

Computer is good enough to run all current and new games, only limitation I have is that I have integrated graphics card. However, hasn't really been an issue unless looking into some FPS's (Such as WWIIOL)

I was thinking about GW2, as far as I can tell there is pretty much only praise for it across the board. Is there still a fairly active community coming in as a low-lvl player with the game having been released almost a year ago? Or is pretty much everyone just running around post-cap now-a-days? What are the negatives/complaints about GW2? If any?

Thanks in advance,
    Your local Swede
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Rift is/is going F2P. It's worth checking out at the very least.
  3. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

I don't like GW2 at all, but mostly because it's not a very good match for my preferences. It's admittedly a well-made and attractive game, and if you're fond of exploration or just wandering around the world, it can be a fun diversion.

I'm currently playing RIFT on a starter account and waiting for it to go F2P and have enjoyed it. The starting areas aren't too crowded now, but I suspect there will be the usual rush of new people after the conversion.
  4. Catdurid

Catdurid Cupcake

Don't even try playing another mmo. It wont give you that mmo fix when you really want to play Wildstar.

These are the games installed on my machine.
    Neverwinter
    GW2
    Tera
    Firefall
    Planetside2
    GW1

Yeah I went on an mmo binge recently trying out all these games, and I'm not even playing any of them now. It just didn't do it for me.

Get a multiplayer or single player game on a steam sale or something. Its sorta working for me.
  5. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

I'm just waiting. I don't see the need to waste my time playing a game I'm not really interested in. I'd rather play nothing than play <REDACTED>.
  6. Phyllo

Phyllo Cupcake

Went through the same thing, nothing sticks. Watching whatever I can find on netflix and such. I tried fps' but i'm burned out on them too.

Buying Dust: an elysian tail on steam this weekend. Played the demo and the game is pretty badass.

GL to anyone stuck in the same rut.
  7. Derkkull

Derkkull New Cupcake

You could go outside and ball on some Yung Bloodz. There are also quite a lot of books that have been published by this year of 2013. I'm sure not all of them are bad. You could also learn how to play an instrument or bake something or go see family or play with your kids or take your significant other on a date... There are plenty of things to do while waiting for Wildstar. I think, if I recall correctly, it has been nicknamed "life". Until Wildstar comes out, why don't we enjoy this "life" creature and see what it has to offer.
    Lumzk likes this.
  8. Awesomnius

Awesomnius New Cupcake

I spent last night trying out Star Trek Online and asking people when I get my first lightsaber or X-Wing. :p

Trying to get back into Borderlands 2, I forgot how much fun it is. If there are any BL2 players out there that may want to team up, my Steam name is Awesomnius.
  9. Swedicus

Swedicus New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    9bit and Phyllo like this.
  10. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

I would tune down the attitude.

Edit: Anyways, about GW2, totaly recommend it, if you plan to play until level 80 and then never to touch it again, because that's what pretty much everyone did, don't get me wrong the experience getting to 80 was awesome, even at that level you still had a week or so of content that is actually fun to do, but after that, you pretty much quit. Though for 400 hours of pure fun, I don't regret spending my money on it.
  11. Thrice

Thrice Cupcake

Really? I quit when I was like 47ish, I really got bored quickly...
  12. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Well in the end it's still all about opinion and taste.
    Thrice likes this.
  13. Thrice

Thrice Cupcake

I am definitely a leveling hater so my bias is based upon that. I really liked the combat and the LAS but I just can't get into kill x or y or collect x of y =/
  14. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Have you ever tried EVE Online? Try the 14-day free trial, at least, and see what you think if you haven't. The new player experience has been greatly improved, but it spaceships may not be your cup of tea.
    Bull likes this.
  15. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

Gw2 was fun to try but I didn't think it was worth my money.
    Try EVE, it's not for everyone and it's unlike anything else.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  16. Shalanigh

Shalanigh Cupcake

If you can't find a MMO time sink while waiting for Wildstar play an RPG! Those can be a good time sink, especially if you like to get everything there is in the game, like I do! :p
  17. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

I prefer for this time Guild Wars 2 :)
  18. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

Pong and Pacman, great ways to spend your days until Wildstar.
  19. Beesti

Beesti New Cupcake

I'm also in the same position. I watched Wildstar videos, as much as i like it, i get annoyed because i realize that Wildstar will release in a while :cry:. Plus, i got exams etc to focus on.
  20. Swedicus

Swedicus New Cupcake

I have tried Eve Online, I do like it to a certain extent. I think I've tried it twice, only to leave both times. Mainly because of the skill system. I do like that it allows me to continue developing my character without being online all the time. However, at the same time it kinda sucks being three years worth of skill training behind someone else. Now possibly 10 years...yikes!

I assumed it was obvious I already devoted all my times to these two games
    Azhdaha likes this.