1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar Guild Recruiting

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by thrastorm7, Oct 20, 2012.

?

Would You Be Interested To Join A Pre-launch Guild?

1. Sure, was actually hoping for that...

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Yes, would be nice

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Maybe, would interesting nonetheless...

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. It's just a game dude, relax... I ll find one when i log..

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Not really...

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. thrastorm7

thrastorm7 Cupcake-About-Town

Hey Everyone,

To start with, i know it is pretty early to "start" recruiting people for our Guild, but if wildstar is what developers claim to be, i would say that it is never early, given that any decent Guild is based first and foremost to the community, no proper community no party, simple as that. That said, i ll move forward to the next introductory thing, which is...

This post is intentionally long, besides the info provided, anyone that is a carebear and cba to read, most probably won't fit the profile of the player that we seek... Speaking of profile, i ll jump straight into it...

What Kind Of Players We Seek

• Experienced mmo Players, that have an above the average raiding experience in other Mmo's such as, WoW, Swtor, Rift etc. Being Able to support the experience you say you have is a must.
    • Having enough time to play the game is also a must, if you just want to play 1 day per week or close to that, you should stop reading now. This, on the other hand, does not mean that you should play 12 hours per day. Everything within common logic will do.
    • If you are solely a PvP player, this is a place for you aswell, competitive PvP is definitely in our scope (Structured & Unstructured)
    • Having a working microphone that you are not shy to use, is a HUGE plus, no microphone in most, if not all cases is a "deal breaker"
    • Being able to understand and communicate in English is mandatory
    • Some general stuff that everyone seek but very few care to look into, such as, Be competitive to the extend that you won't put your self above the Guild, Do research about your class or the game, but don't forget to think for your self.
    • Last but not least, i am referring to EU players
    The above are just general Guidelines, more information regarding the players we seek, will come in the near future.

I started with what kind of players we seek simply because i didn't want people that don't fit to what we are trying to achieve, to continue reading without an actual meaning.

Who Are We

Sadly i can't reveal that at the moment, and the reason is that we do not want our Guild Name to go public for obvious reasons. For those that don't know why, i ll just tell you that some people have the nasty habit to steal character and/or Guild names, either because they think it is funny, or because they want some in game currency to blackmail you. That said, i ll try to give you as many information as possible.

We are a Guild that started back in Vanilla WoW, we successfully cleared all content there (40 Men Raiding) up to C'thun which we failed to kill. And in Naxxramas 40 Men, we managed to kill up to 4 Horsemen before any nerf (every kill i ll mention will be before nerf), we didn't have more time since the Burning Crusade Expansion was knocking on our doors.

In Burning Crusade, we cleared all content up to Muru in sunwell, then the summer came along with the next expansion Wotlk, some Kills worth to mention is Yogg-saron 0 Keepers, Mimiron Hard mode before nerf and of course Muru.

In Wotlk, the Guild kept the proper past performance and managed to reach Lich King Hard Mode relatively fast, sadly this was our end in WoW, we spent countless hours on that encounter but we weren't progressing, after some time the guild stopped raiding, and few of us left in Cataclysm... We just cleared some hard modes and then, we stopped WoW. We didnt play the Panda's.

Several of us moved to Swtor, we enjoyed the leveling process but content wasn't challenging, so once we cleared EVERYTHING, we just stopped playing since the game had nothing to offer.

Some other games we played along the way (while we were playing wow), was rift, that we cleared first tier content, Lotro, that we didn't even reach max level and some other not worth to mention.

Our last game is/was, Guildwars, decent game, but the lack of holy trinity (Tank, Healer, Dps) kinda made Pve hard to design properly, badly tuned bosses, lack of innovation when it comes to encounters and some other things resulted to slowly slowly quit.

Last part, but certainly not less important is the PvP... We PvP, exactly the way we PvE, we are organized and we PvP extremely competitively, Depending on the game, we either have a separate PvP team, or a mixed of Pure PvP players, along with some PvE players that have the time and the skill to join the team.

I know i didn't help much, since i didn't give Names, but that's something that can wait, right?

Information About The Recruitment Process

Given that the name of the guild won't be revealed any time soon, we can not provide a Guild Site at the moment, What we can do though is to make a temp one (no worries will be decent), so to be able to communicate with those willing to join the guild. In addition, Ventrilo or Teamspeak PRIVATE servers will be available for those we believe fit the Guild and want to join.

Site and/or Ventrilo - Teamspeak, will be used for two main reasons

1. To evaluate potential applicants, either with a structured application form, or with an "interview" via TeamSpeak/Vent

2. Once we decide that we like each other, and we are willing to give a chance to each other... there should be a place for us to chit-chat and discuss Guild Stuff regarding organization, views etc....

Our Views

We understand that Wildstar will be just a game, just like any other Mmo, and believe it or not we treat it as a game. Real Life comes first, and we have no intentions whatsoever someone just to change his life just to play this game with us. what we do want though, is like minded players that wish to competitively play this game and they actually HAVE THE TIME, they won't create it by altering real life stuff.

Another thing is the "omg why so serious, its not that we have to apply to get a job, it is just a guild", we completely agree with this statement, although we have to secure to the extend that it is possible, that every new recruit share our basic principle regarding gaming, and fits the Guild, spending a bit more time than this whole situation actually deserves, saves you and us much more time in a short term basis... simply because through the process we are able to understand if you fit us, and you on the other hand can understand better if this is a place for you or not.

Guild Activities (such as PvE/PvP)

Every official Guild activity will take place normal hours, people will have the time, to come back from work, take a bath, eat, see the family etc... Although as i mentioned above, a regular presence to Guild activities is mandatory.

Raiding environment, so far at least can be characterized as dynamic, we never swear at people, and we never insult people, on the other hand we do not tender them. If for example someone made a mistake, will be pointed out, not for other people to mock him, but for everyone to learn. So if you feel that you are way too imba to accept constructive criticism, this definitely isn't a Guild for you.If you are way too sensitive, again this is not a place for you.

Being prepared for a Guild activity is a must, we prefer to run an an activity with less rather than carry people that disrespect us by coming... Unprepared. What preparation means? that's for you to answer when asked...

Lastly, i have to inform you that at the moment, we are trying to gather the old guys back, we got some of them interested to play Wildstar, but if what we heard it is true about the game, those people are not nearly enough, so yes, you guessed right... recruitment is Open for good.

Please feel free to post if you are interested so for us to have a feedback of how the project is going...

Thank you for your time reading this, i will be more than happy to answer your questions, you may reply on this thread, or send a private message.

Please excuse my typo's and bad grammar/syntax... I am way too tired atm to correct anything :D
  2. Arkimaru

Arkimaru Cupcake

ive acturly been hopeing some early bird's would start recruiting for wildstar guild's only problem with this guild is i cant say im a above avarage raider, i raided bout a year of wow but not much after that in a real guild rest have been all pug's , but also not being able to meet my guildie's would be a - too, if im to join a wildstar guild before the game come's out id like to get to know my guildies and make sure id get along with everyone.
  3. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

Well at least you guys did some stuff already especially in wow as I can see and I won't be one to say "omg why did you stop after LK" personally for me LK was the legit end of wow anyway, but hey who am I to argue with bliz lol. Well I previously stated my opinion on that matter in different post (not looking at the moment, not until beta tested ^^). However I like all the info you guys gave though I can understand the need for staying anonymous it's a shame imo. Good luck with the recruitment friend.
  4. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I'm definitely interested in joining or maybe starting a pre-launch guild but I won't begin looking until there is some substantial info on each faction and how they will interact. Good luck with the recruitment. :)
  5. thrastorm7

Hey guys, and thanks for the replies...

The recruitment process is not yet started, the reason i made this post was to check reactions and whether or not there is room for such project.

When more info, regarding the game see the surface, i ll have much more info regarding the recruitment process...

Our goal is, the first day the game will be launched to have a pool of like minded people to explore the game together... and ofcourse we ll make adjustments during the process...

Till then would be nice to keep "chatting" here, given that it's the first place Devoted to Wildstar...

Soon the temp site will be ready, and people interested will be granted access there and on our TS/VT server.

regards
  6. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

A quantity guild takes anyone, who'd accept the invite, a quality guild looks for those, who share the basic principle. Quantity guilds better build in swingdoors to avoid too much draft as people comes and goes, because they do not find, what they wanted, since the "basic principle" is all over the place and the members commitment to focus is as sporadic. While they can be used for levelling and outgoing social contact, at some point someone -- whose main focus is not social contact with as many as possible -- will need a guild, that has a focus within the games content.

I still wish to see a game that has multiguilding, so guilds can have a tight focus, instead of multiple objectives. Even if yours is down to two, serious raiding and competitive pvp, I assume some of your members are more into one or the other.

Didn't see you state anywhere if you plan on pve or pvp server. Not that we know for sure those will be seperate at this time :p

TBH, at this time my only guild interest is a WSC Beta guild. With the posters here on these forums, I believe the main focus of bug extermination could be hardcore and experience rich. More than likely I will make a guild for weekend warriors with old game friends, since all of us has put our serious raiding hats on the shelve to spend more time with family or at least stop putting our game time on a scheduled plan we feel committed/compulsed to stick to.

Yeah, I am not a fit for your guild, but I wish you the best of luck and the guild name to go with it!
    Recruiter likes this.
  7. thrastorm7

I have to admit that i really enjoyed reading your post, i just love it when players have perspective regarding gaming, i've met way too many people all these years i am on "Gaming Business", but very few of them really made me to want to actually meet them, the common thing that those guys had was perspective, and almost in every case, those guys besides the gaming perspective, had interesting ideas in in several other matters.

I am 30 years old, married and i have a wonderful daughter, i never quit playing games, and as long as i am healthy i ll continue playing... One thing i understood all these years is that Quality>Quantity in EVERY case, That's what we are trying to achieve here once again, thus we decided to start recruiting far earlier, in fact we don't even know for sure that we will like the game, but what do we have to lose?

Through the early recruitment process, and the plan we have on our heads, we can only win... We will create a site for that purpose and we will also Host a Ventrilo Or Teamspeak Server, through that, we will accept applications and we will try to keep contact till the game is released, in the meantime, random discussions regarding the state of the game, Guild organization and similar stuff will keep us busy. By then i am sure we will have a clear view of the people, and people will have of the Guild and where is heading...

Additionally, chances to get Beta invites as a guild are increased... in any case it's a win win situation....
  8. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I voted 'No'. Mainly because it is way to early to decide on anything on guild related matters like faction, server type etc. But you have some interesting words written down. But that is all there is right now. And even those words are clouded into a fog. No guild name, no site, nothing substantial. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're full of ****. Not at all. Until I get to see something substantial I will be full of criticism though.

I've walking around in MMOs for a long time now and I've seen many projects like this fail. It doesn't help you either that the first post you made was about recruiting for your guild. If you were someone who has been on this forum for a longer time and discussed several topics on this forum I would be more inclined to go with it. But I don't know you at all at this time.

So I do encourage to keep posting here and discuss things together. Join our community and you will find a lot of great players here. You seem to be nice guy with a passion for MMOs as well. For what I can tell at this time you have an attitude that is in line with at least mine. Awesome people come here and who have a passion of games. It would be nice to have them all together in one guild. That will not be possible though. Like I said before, mainly because of different timezones and countries. After the game has been released I will still come back here and discuss and talk to people.
  9. thrastorm7

I never asked anyone to trust me, in any case trust is something earned... that said, the main reason i made this post, was to check how people will react, as it is a new thing for you, it is for me aswell... i ve never tried to recruit people before the game is launched... Hell, when in fact we dont even have any info!!! BUT, there is a first tiem for everything... i liked the idea and i did it...

In order to be fair with everyone here, i never promised anything, i don't even know how many people from my "old" guild will actually play the game... All i did is to put an idea on the table, if it will work or not it's a totally different case....

Your arguments and your approach to the issue, i can tell you... are exactly the same as mine... i would have reacted same way exactly... thus, i explained why name was not mentioned, why site was not mentioned, why Char name was not mentioned etc... What i said though to compensate that is that when the time is right, i ll make a site and i ll have our VT/TS server up, so for you and the rest, to check out if our views have a common ground...

In any case thank you for your response cause i consider it constructive the least...

Btw for everyone else, I am still kinda playing Gw2, i am on EU underground Server, don't hesitate to pm me in this forum with your char name to meet up in game!!!

PS. I do plan to participate in convs here... i ll just do it when i think that what i am gonna say will contribute to the discussion in any way !!
  10. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Welcome! I am already in a guild but I wish you the best of luck.
  11. thrastorm7

Hey guys, pretty soon we ll be rdy with the new site, and we ll put a simple form for those interested to apply!!

Other than that, i am "pissed" with the poor amount of information we get from wildstar devs!! i hope that this will change shortly!! i rly need to know if this is going to be my next game!!
  12. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Wish you good luck with your recruitment. i usually do not join a guild until sometime in the beta stage or early in game. At first I am just trying to get to know the game and test out classes etc..

As to the Wildstar info I think we might expect a lot more in the lead up to beta. At least we have wild star and the uplink discussions which is a lot more information sharing then a lot of other Devs ever give the fan base.
  13. xiiDR3ADiix

xiiDR3ADiix New Cupcake

when the beta starts ill test out some chars and ill be happy to join ur guild
  14. Laurent Noppe

Laurent Noppe New Cupcake

hi i would like to join ur guild the moment the game is released or in beta if they send me a key
    im 26 played wow since the very start before outlands i was more into the pvp bt from then on
    i played as druid healer & warrior tank till cata .. buyed the MOP expantion when it came out bt only played it for a month ,missed the old wow when u needed to have a guild , when u knew the ppl in the guild , when raiding still was fun ( thats my opinion :p )

also played & raided in Rift not realy sure wy i left it , it was & still is a great game .. i gess in the start of Rift there was no LFG sys. and ppl ho had no RL or ingame tank/healing frend had to wait a long time before they could join any dungeon , the bigest problem was to get any progress ppl came & left the guild and since having the right gear is a must we had to re-gear ppl all the time

wat i would like to know is if u create a guild on WildStar wat would be the raid times ~
  15. thrastorm7

hello everyone, just letting you know that the project is still valid and ongoing, once we have more information about the game, we will more actively get into the recruitment process...

/hugs and happy new year to everyone
  16. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

You guys still haven't given us folks (palin spirit go away...) info about at least the side you will mainly be playing, building your guild on/and I think the name is still a secret ^^ but glad to hear your projects are still on WS.

Good luck and Happy New year to you guys.
  17. thrastorm7

Hey Guys, as of today, we go to the next phase...

Our temp site is ready to provide information and accept applications!!

www.wildstar-guild.com

See you there!!

Edit: EU players Only
  18. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Congrats, glad to see it's still going strong. :)
  19. thrastorm7

Hey guys,

I would like to see more people applying for the Guild, there are things to be arranged and one of those is the Beta application...

Don't be shy, if you actually plan to play Wildstar and you plan to do it in a competitive way (without burning yourself in front of your PC screen) now it is the best time to find your your guild.

www.wildstar-guild.com

Eu Players!!
  20. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

Hello, Recruiter.
    Great to see other people starting out a guild...unless it's a Dominion one :cautious:
    Just a piece of advice, your first post is very long which might be throwing the "TL;DR" guys off, why don't you leave in only the necessary information and have the rest on the site?