1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Hairstyles

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by MMOPapa, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrShemp

DrShemp Cupcake

Mohawks, pixie cuts or anything that screams mad scientist. I hope there is a system similar to the barbershop in WoW so I'm not stuck with the same hair and beard for years. Would be cool too if it had unique hairstyles not available in character creation.
  2. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

I do!

Character creation for me is a game in and of itself as I play with selections and sliders to breathe life into a character concept. I will literally spend hours just tooling around character creation, messing with new combinations, testing myself to see if I can adjust the sliders in such a way that a previously unlikable face is now appealing, and generally just being creative. To me, character creation is the thing, above all else, that I look at when judging a game.

When it comes to hairstyles, they need to cover a range of moods and styles. We've seen videos of the human hairstyles, and while I like what I've seen, they also seem to be mostly... well, wild and crazy. Which is great for a lot of character concepts, don't get me wrong! But I think they need more down-to-earth styles in the mix as well. Basically, I need moar.

Usually I'll go with shorter styles because armor clipping is really annoying to me. I love styles like this, which is so adorable I just want to squeal. Or this one, which takes that style and turns it into something more spunky. Or maybe a more relaxed, timeless look like this.

For the draken, I better see some wild, mane-like styles on the women - something that suits their absolutely feral nature. Different, intricate braid styles would be interesting to see for this race. Likewise, I think, for the aurin.
    Yinello and kanochi like this.
  3. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

They need to add as many hairstyles as humanly possible, they should like just get rid of the raids and spend that time making hairstyles! lol kidding. If they add some ponytails/side ponytails I'll be a happy camper. But really I'd like as much customization as humanly possible within reason, because that is 50% of the battle for me lol, if I don't like the way my character looks I have a hard time getting into the game. >.<
    TarkeCat and Naunet like this.
  4. Anstalt

Anstalt Cupcake-About-Town

I don't really roleplay in game but making my character look how I want them to play is very important to me! I normally go for the "veteran" look, i.e. older characters with greying hair and a scar or two. So, tight buns or braids on women for the most part. With the men, its all about the beards!

In wildstar I think I will be mixing it up a bit. I fancy playing an Aurin and I really want decent dreadlocks to go with the nature theme. I would prefer loose dreadlocks so that they flick around but I could probably cope with dreadlocks in a pony tail. If it was at all possible then I'd love a kind of cybergoth look like the pictures below. What I'd be trying to create would be a combination of the natural look (Aurin love nature, so dreadlocks), the sci-fi look (colour the dreads, preferably blonde + highlights of something else) and a bit of eco-terrorist (Aurin fighting the Exiles) with the facemasks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

If wildstar introduces a dwarf-like playable race then I will be wanting a dwarf with a mohawk and a massive beard! Like the image below, but black or grey hair instead of orange. If the mohawks dont look good then just long hair on the dwarf will be fine.

[​IMG]
  5. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

Here you have some old school Jim Kelly, "Enter the Dragon" afro action.

[​IMG]

..and or some old school Lenny Kravitz, dreadlock action

Hook me up Carbine. :D

..also recognize the epic pork chop sideburns
    Yinello likes this.
  6. Afrotech

It is now. ;)
    MMOPapa likes this.
  7. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

Lot of dreadlocks in here. I typically play slender but toned male characters, as I eschew the roidmonkey look. I also usually play somewhat apathetic and broody characters in terms of RP so my characters always end up looking somewhat, eh, whats the word. Sombre? I dunno. I also tend to go for a more mature look for my characters, like mid 30's or early 40's, you know, beards and stuff. Anyway, here's a good example.

[​IMG]

That's pretty much everything I ever hope to be in a character.
    MMOPapa likes this.
  8. Afrotech

That's from Deus Ex cool character good game.

Don't forget the shades. :cool:

[​IMG]
    MMOPapa likes this.
  9. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

[​IMG]

This is the style I normally use in MMOs. Well atleast where I can use it. :p
  10. Thordran

Thordran Cupcake-About-Town

I usually play heavy armor classes so I just slap a helmet on and call it good. Not a fan of long hair styles on the males that I play. As someone who knows a bit about self defense, I know that having long hair is a huge liability in a combat situation for either sex as it gives someone something to grab onto and control your head, which pretty much wrecks any hope of having decent mobility/vision.

I prefer practical short cut hairstyles and beards for combat situations. If role-playing around in the cities or whatever, generally the same. For female characters that I play, practical hair done up or in a helmet for combat, and then whatever for in the city if roleplaying. The females that I play do not sacrifice combat pragmatism for looking fashionable in life-threatening situations, because they aren't silly, they're combat trained. I treat all my characters equally. :)
  11. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

Guys, guys, guys! I think the most important we are missing is the fact that everything in this game is capable of having a moustache. Even robots and rock dudes!
  12. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Who cares about hair when we can get long ears and a tail ;)
  13. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

Coming from a person with a Granok avatar... having a hard time picturing that =x
  14. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

Don't forget trench coats. Always trench coats.

[​IMG]

And another favourite of mine.

[​IMG]
  15. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a fan of the shorter/medium length hairstyles, a ponytail well done can be incredibly adorable. >.<

I'll post a few links to hairstyles I find really cute. ^^

http://clickbattle.hair-mission.com/uploads/style/middles/b00052b4e1bae8483d2c.jpg
    This one is probably my favorite I really love the side ponytail with the yukata, looks really elegant.

http://home.rasysa.com/rouge-mieux/style/image/96778_11.jpg
    http://www.rasysa.com/special/200711001/image/arng06/img_fine.jpg
    With this one I really like the curls with the forelock looks like a more mature style while still being cute. = P

http://img.beauty-box.jp/ri005_a.jpg
    This is a really simple style, but it's also one of my favorites. >.< Simple and practical. = P

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tj6TqDtwV6k/hqdefault.jpg
    http://www.biteki.com/hairstyle/img/2011sp_a2.jpg
    These two are kinda the same as the previous ones just different variations with straighter hair/shorter ponytails etc. = P

I really hope they have a few of these in the game, and I'll be happy. ^^
  16. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Well, I haven't show you my scarf...
  17. verashan12

verashan12 New Cupcake

I want long flowing straight hair ,my own hair is short so i always look for l0ng hair wigs in the online shop.And i find that for different skin colors there are different styles of wigs ,such as there are black wigs for black women and European style wigs for white women.
  18. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Long hair just gets all clippy and since it either flows behind or is around the characters face (focus) its so noticeable, besides it covers the breasticles on women, and that is just unacceptable!
  19. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

<Mod Face> If a thread hasn't been responded to in months, it's probably best to create a new thread. Locked for necro. </Mod Face>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.