1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wildstar housing. Potential same faction PvP arenas?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Awesometail, May 9, 2014.

?

Same faction PvP in housing?

1. Yes please.

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No thank you.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Awesometail

Awesometail Cupcake

I posted threads on the official Wildstar forums and to Reddit about this topic and since this is the only fan site for Wildstar I frequent I figured I would let you guys jump on board the discussion wagon. How do you all feel about an in game option to turn PvP on inside your housing plot. It could lead to some epic homemade Gurubashi arenas. With all sorts of neat twists that the minds of the masses could come up with.

I have seen some of the jumping puzzles and amazing houses people have put together. (That hoverboard park wow!) Just imagine what the creative minds could come up with. I could see it as being great fun and it would give the people who love PvP a reason to use housing (other than for the fact that having your own house is the bees knees).

So how do you guys feel about it? Lets discuss the possibilitayz.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Want to PvP in housing?

Put in that awesome arena in your basement and get all the fights going!!!
    [​IMG]

Brought to you by ProtoStar!

*Protostar is not responcible for any injuries that may be sustained by fighting in these arena like constructions*
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  3. Awesometail

Awesometail Cupcake

That is not but a tiny tid bit of what I am talking about here. The dueling arena if I understand the way it works is for small pvp. Maybe even only 1v1s? It is also not very customizable since it is a set plug.

I was going for more like building your own structures and then fighting on them. While I do think the arena will be awesome it just isn't exactly what I am talking about here. Do you see the epicness that could be created if the plots just had a free for all button?
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well if you want Gurubashi like things, then they should add an arena in the world and not make it for on housing plots anyway.

I know what you mean, but the first step may be to make the arena have an option to make it open PvP rule-set (aka gurubashi arena rules). But I don't want them to add it completely to housing.
    I personally don't think they should put in so many things for housing. Yes, housing is great, but the bigger empasize you give it the bigger the damage it causes to the open world aswell.
    So I rather see such arena being in the open world instead of on housing plots anyway.

Again, housing is a great thing in WildStar but people currently want housing to have almost EVERYTHING which only causes more and more damage to the real world of Nexus, which is a shame.
  5. Awesometail

Awesometail Cupcake

I want the Gurubashi style ruleset. Not the Gurubashi arena. Same faction PvP combat is all I would like to take away from it. Housing right now has so much awesome ability to create massive structures on your plot since they allowed free placing all the items.

What I'm asking for is the ability to create pvp scenarios. You could even create in house rulesets for these things. All they would need is an option in your plot somewhere to activate the dueling arena to effect the whole plot.

Minecraft is the prime example of this. With freedom to create and freedom to turn on/off FFA pvp. You can create huge battle arenas and that has a lot of draw to people who like to pvp/create . Minecraft has let loose so much creativity on this front.

While of course creating more housing content could potentially take away from the lively feeling of the open world and I also see the fear in that.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

As it stands now there are housing items you can use to build an arena or ring-like area on your housing plot. Combine that with dueling and you have what you're talking about.

What you don't have are the other perks of pvp arenas. Simple things like a way to time the match in game so that everyone can see. Maybe even the ability to set an objective. Duels may be one thing, but the ability to simply toggle yourself for all pvp needs to be available. Let's say you built a really tall tower on your housing plot. At the top, you had a button. If you press the button, fireworks go off and you win! but you just have to get through everyone else to get there.

If you wanted something like this Carbine will need to make unique pvp housing items to make it possible. Like a "Flagging Kiosk". If you walk through this kiosk, you are flagged for all pvp for the duration until you are squished. You need a "Win Button" that lights up when pressed (interruptable interact, can set off lights or fireworks). You need a "Ring Bell" that one person can hit to time an event (with selectable times).
  7. Awesometail

Awesometail Cupcake

The touch the giant pillar button is an amazing idea but you wouldn't even need all these things. If you just built the giant tower and said to all your friends. First man to the top wins. The game is on. It doesn't require new items. Those would be neat and stuff but the general idea I am hoping for is that they would just allow combat anywhere on the plot. Not in a specific area. Not just duels.

Situations like this in WoW occurred for me quite often where. I would have 8 or 9 friends logged on at once and we would all just go mess around dueling. That is fun and all but we would much rather have a battle where we could split into teams or just be free for all. War games in WoW is basically what I am imaging for your housing plot except that the arena/battleground would be built by you/your friends. Letting your creativity go wild just to make epic arenas for you and your friends.

I had plenty of nights where we would be waiting for our last 5 members to log on for 25man. Those 20 people would be sitting in the main city throwing heals at each other and just messing around in guild chat/ventrilo. In these situations I see wildstar ending up with everyone on whoevers housing plot has the current raid portal. So everyone is sitting in MrPortalGuy's plot. Well instead of just sitting there it would be great if MrPortalGuy could just flip a toggle in his housing options and your whole guild bust out into a free for all blowing each other up.

It doesn't have to have a goal. It doesn't have to have special items. People will use their own creativity to create goals. It is also fun to just jump into a killfest among friends. That is what I am after. Dueling will be used often among me and my friends/guildies but it does not feed that urge for something larger scale when you just want to mess around.
    Trinity likes this.
  8. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

the question was asked on the latest stream and the Dev's said they could do it but it would be difficult but they will look into it so you may be in luck post launch "The Devs are listening"
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

In the end it's really not that much different from what others have wanted to do with their housing plots.

Some people want to make a tavern style house for friends to come over or dance club style housing plot.

Others want to make housing style plot devoted to crafting. They can including crafting tables and resource plots.

Such things would work to an extent as things are now, but some little 'quality of life' items would help. The problem would be balancing this so that we don't have empty world syndrome.