1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Lore

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Fate Flyer, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Hey, I'm posting my own suggestion! XD

I've noticed, now that we're becoming a much bigger community and are growing very fast (especially since PAX East), that the WildStar General forum just receives a ton of traffic and frequent posts to the point where topics I had been watching or replying to even just this past week are on the 3rd page! It's nuts. D:

I love discussing WildStar lore, and I know some others here do as well, but many times that lore doesn't fit in with the Classes/Paths or Races forums, so it must be posted in the General area. I feel that this does not do the wonderful and unique worlds of WildStar justice and that all of that which the narrative designers have created are truly deserving of their own forum, rather than just being grouped with miscellaneous stuff. I know a lot of gaming forums have a story/lore section to discuss the actual world that it takes place in, and I feel we really are in need of that. :) I know this would require some moderation to move all of the lore-related topics that would fit there to this new forum, and I would be happy to help out with that! That is not a problem at all. :]

Let me know what you guys think, and I hope that this is something that can be considered!
    Extatica likes this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Good idea, but i think once the Beta begins the lore part starts really. Unless they give some more lore info, since i do find it a bit lacking. Can be because i'm a lore addict who read every line of every quests he does :D but well i just wanna know everything.
  3. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

A Lore section would be divine. In fact, how about we subdivide it further and have specific sections for the Paths' respective focuses?

Soldiers would have their section to discuss the finer points of combat with experimental toys, and That One Holdout. Explorers would have a place for all their screenshots and crazy "It was this big." stories. Settlers would have a proverbial campfire to discuss "Hot" areas and places off the beaten trail, for those interested. And, as you so eloquently put it, we Scientists will have a place to discuss our discoveries, and geek out.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Eventually, yes - however the lore threads have not really reached a critical mass to warrant their own section (IMO). Same with seperate sections for each Path.

Of course, I'll be making more sections as time goes on - Story and Missions is a very likely future forum section!
    Fate Flyer likes this.