1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WildStar Official Livestream - First Class and New Build Reveal

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Lippsy

Lippsy New Cupcake

[​IMG]

This has me so excited. Yay for customization.
    Voison likes this.
  2. Supercorgi

Supercorgi Cupcake

Some of the people in the twitch chat are just so damn stupid. Someone trolled that people need to type !beta to get a beta key and all of a sudden 100's of people start spamming !beta. :rolleyes:
    Kusiga and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  3. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

So I'm at work and i just tried to watch the livestream and its over... what happened to it being 2 hours long?? was there a reason they cut it short? Also, did they say when and where i can catch the replay / video?
  4. Supercorgi

Supercorgi Cupcake

Lippsy, I like your ferret. I used to have 4 of the little carpet sharks. :D
  5. Supercorgi

Supercorgi Cupcake

It was slightly over an hour. They're going to post the video under the warrior page on the Wildstar site in a bit.
  6. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

Thanks, so i guess the 2hr thing was just an estimate... owell i guess 1 1/2 hrs is good enough
  7. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to WildStar Central. Here is a link to the Personal Introductions Forum. You are not required to post there but doing so is a good way to meet some of our friendliest members. Tell Kat I said hi.

Why did you think it would be two hours? The pilot episode ran about 1.25 hours. The warrior episode has already been uploaded to the WildStar twitch channel and the Warrior class page on the official site, so you can watch it at your convenience.
  8. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

I like that they touched on some general stuff by showcasing aspects of the new build in addition to the strictly warrior stuff.

*Also, anyone else out there excited for the Pappy vs. Daddy PvP throw down? SHOTS FIRED!
    Jaxxa likes this.
  9. Jaxxa

Jaxxa Cupcake

After seeing the livestream I was really interested in more information around the kill-buffs they talked about. While it is cool that killing things can give you some boost buffs on timers I wondered how it fit in with group play. Do you have to get the killing blow for it to proc? A certain amount of damage? Is there a limit to how many you can stack?

I don't know if it was mentioned but was a player able to 'dual spec' their AMP tree?

I have so many questions...I'll just stick with these for now.
    Tribe likes this.
  10. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Do players get a free respec when they enter and exit instanced PvP?
  11. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

The video was really well done. I am impressed by the amount of information they are able to pack into these videos I am a big fan of Scooter. He just does an amazing job. The new build looked really good. Visually the UI looked better. Great to see the AMP system in along with the tier system. I was happy to see that the TTK still seemed good and did not shrink much. But, I was disappointed in the lack of damage that the warrior took when in DPS mode. It really seemed impossible for him to die unless he stepped into telegraphs. From the talk it sounded like they upped telegraph damage a lot while decreasing white damage. I have reservations about that as it may end up making it impossible to difficult to die. At least that is the way it appeared in the video where the DPS warrior took almost no damage. I know all this in flux and being balanced but I still fear the game ending up like all the other easy mode games where it is impossible to die and one can play with their eyes shut.

I really enjoyed the new telegraph UI with differing colors. I also loved the more complex telegraphs they showed. It looked a bit crazy. I can't wait to see some group play. Pretty amazing livestream. So much to digest. I will have to watch it again. I can't wait for next weeks Esper.
    VirtualKing and Marek Noncitizen like this.
  12. Yowser

Yowser Cupcake

Where did you get that it was going to be 2hrs ?
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

His ass.
  14. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

TTK?
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

time to kill

Hoping that time to kill is still reasonable though. I don't want to be in 40 second battles with average difficulty mobs at my level.
    Tribe likes this.
  16. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

One of my favorite things from the stream. :p
  17. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

In the video there were times that he would gain the buffs mid fight. I think they said there were buffs for stuff like interrupting enemy telegraphs but I didn't see any of the ones he got during the stream generate stack counters.

I believe they said that there would be loadouts for actions sets, amps, and gear but not in the next beta. would need to go back in and re-watch it to be sure.
  18. Supercorgi

Supercorgi Cupcake

You are correct. Loadouts for action sets, amps, and maybe gear, but not in beta. I hope they do a swap for gear though, it would make swapping much easier.
  19. scope7

scope7 New Cupcake

In case we didnt need any more hints that engineer was one of the two unrevealed classes...

At 34:14-34:15 you can clearly see an addon labeled "EngineerResource"
  20. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

yea I think you get combat buffs for dodging, interrupts, kill streak etc it was mentioned much earlier in the year im glad they still have that in im liking the timing's added to the telegraphs its a simple thing thats makes the system so much better and there still adding to it so looking forward to this game its unreal how much potential it has got

after rewatching the stream the buffs do seem to get stacks aswell

also the quest system yay! I cant wait till they can start showing group content I wanna try to imagine what they game will be like when it finally goes live and groups of people are running about the world :inlove:

I noticed on the map there is a place called the Everstar Grove possible Aurin starter area/city ?

and the changes to the warrior resources seems nice and familiar ala WoW warriors rage